Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Couple etched in lines from the good ol' days of September along with a shot off the slide show.

Last edited by Squirrel99; 06-11-2005 at 07:03 PM.

whos the rockstar in the big screen shot???

getsummm, GETSUMMM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BC-FLOW
    whos the rockstar in the big screen shot???
    yeah that was one of those gratuitous shots at the bottom of mercurio. thought it looked kind of funny with the screen and background. afterall, I was the photo beeyotch.

Morning lineup for Marte. 1.5-2m of fresh. Three patroller tracks.

The anticipation...preparing to unload TK Iris at the top of the world. Cerro Martin just peeking over the ridge.

Cerro Martin. Destination: Banana Couloir, on the left.

Bootpackin' it up Cerro Martin. Chuck, Squirrel, and some local dude who smoked too much and we passed.

Top of the Banana. We didn't stay here long for obvious reasons.

Looking down the Banana.

Squirrel getting some. More pics to come.

i'm feeling lightheaded.

^bumped^ for those PNW'ers needing a fix to plan for some 'make up' ski days this summer/fall as we watch our snowpack fizzle out to a 0" base.

Never thought I'd admit this, but our snowfall this winter has been less reliable than SA, which is frightning!

SA savings account will be opened on the next paycheck.

Talking

bizzzumped! 'cause Girlski, Tyrone and I just bought tix!

Now we just need Arty,LPH, Hop, BC-Flow (?), Rusty(?),Tresckow and Kristin and we got ourselves a par-tay! Squeaky and the Whistler/Jackson/Bird group should also be set! WhoooF"NNNNWHHOOOOOO
    edit: I wonder how MBS would like the Quilmes Beer???

now about that quote from Powstash....
    For 4 years in a row you've practically begged me to go, basically guaranteeing me epic pow and mind blowing terrain, and for 4 years in a row you've completely nailed it, deep pow and you dancin' with Ms. Santa Rosa. The Marte 05 love savings has begun
    <anti-iinx>

Come on' Buddy! And BC-Flow, Kellie & Basom in for 2005 (?)!!!(?)
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 06-11-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99
    bizzzumped! 'cause Girlski, Tyrone and I just bought tix!
    ya know today I was just goin through the motions. checking frequent flyer balances inbetween client calls. checking flight schedules inbetween expense reports. No passion, no excitement really. Oh gotta shoot an email out to Flaherty. eh now..let's check some hotel rates. ok cool. lets call Delta just after this business ethics teleconference thing. Call Delta. Confirm everything. OK cool...it's done. Another task out of the way...shit phone ringing...back to work.

It was emotionless. Robotic.

But now I see this thread. Read the whole thing top to bottom. Left to right. Frontside to backside. Flip 'er over again...yeah just like that and I see this pic and then it hits me......

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT I"M GOING TO LENAS!!!! FINALLLLLYYYYY!!! MUUUAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

this is what i waited all winter for.

Squirrel -- You're taking that same pic above in about 3 months...but I'm gonna be right in the middle of it
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

My latest report from down there came from a friend just back from skiing close to a meter of fresh yesterday, which was followed by an email from another friend in Peninsula Valdes saying "come on down!"

I'm finding tix from SEA-BUE in the 1000-1100 range. Anyone beat that? Should I wait, or pull the trigger now?

(it's looking like a 2-monther starting on Sept. 1st )
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Squirrel -- You're taking that same pic above in about 3 months...but I'm gonna be right in the middle of it
    Sure, if you don't mind getting seconds

Hop- I bought a ticket from Seattle-Santiago for $699 plus tax ($790).
    Go to http://www.aa.com and use the advanced search option for all airlines-with at least 20 options. Try leaving on either a Wed/Thu and returning on either a Mon/Tue. I leave on Thu 9/1 and return on Sun. 9/18 and my ticket was $699. There was a cheaper option at $613.00 if you returned on Mon/Tue.

The connecting flight to Mendoza from Santiago is cheaper if you buy separately- it's $184USD roundtrip last I checked. You could try EZE (ezezia- BA's intl' airport), but it's usually more expensive than flying through Chile. Last year a friend scored a ticket from SF to Mendoza for $600.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99
    I leave on Thu 9/1 and return on Sun. 9/18 and my ticket was $699.
    Guess you won't be asking anyone if they're with the bride or groom's party.
    good to see you're goin' skiing, squirrely.

i'm going there.
    also check out discountfares for tickets.
    tyrone, hop, bc flow, etc, when are you all going? i'm assuming you old timers need some young blood for motivation. also, i just received a discount liver to supplement my already healthy one. i process alcohol with impunity.
    Last edited by Spew; 06-11-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spew
    i'm going there.
    also check out discountfares for tickets.
    tyrone, hop, bc flow, etc, when are you all going? i'm assuming you old timers need some young blood for motivation. also, i just received a discount liver to supplement my already healthy one. i process alcohol with impunity.
    We'll be there starting September 3 for at least a week, maybe travel for the 2nd week but all depends on the snow. I'll update new SA thread in the Summit forums in a week or two. Also, search for MeatHelmet's(?) thread on when peeps will be there this summer (in the ski forum)

Question

I wish I could go this summer, but can't afford it. However, I should be able to next summer. I've heard good things about Valle Nevado in Chile, and las lenas is a possibility. What is the most similar ski resort to jacksonhole/snowbird in South America???

I've just got things I have to take off, like paying my debts .

Any info would be appreciated.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Fucking bar prep is sucking the life out of me, I'm not mountain biking or skiing or doing anything remotely cool right now....but, I am the proud owner of a roundtrip ticket to SA and that alone is keeping me going. I know that the reality of it won't set in until we are sitting at the bottom on Marte (anti jinx anti jinx anti jinx) that I am ACTUALLY SKIING IN SOUTH AMERICA. This is something that, 3 years ago when I started law school, I said that I was going to do after I took the bar. And it is actuall going to fucking happen. Ug...back to statute of frauds, procedural due process and all that other worthless shit that I must memorize so that I can never use them again.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

^ because our first maggots have left for SA
    the bar has been raised- Multiple facktastic TR's expected

1st up- Senor Rusty Nails and Meat Helmet
    Go git' after it, fellas!

GET OUT THERE AND KILL IT.