Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    So this is what some good ol' fashioned pow stoke feels like? It's nice to see the pow stoke on the board once again. Squirrel - you are the perpetual optimist - glad you got the SR this year...again! Git some for all us Utards.

T-minus 2 months.....
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Well, not necessarily getting any goods in BA, where TeleRob and I have been hung out to dry by fukking American Airlines until a flight to NYC tonight, SFO manana. WE got sooooooo hosed on our flights, with everyone else getting out ahead of us, and busted our nuts hanging with little denero for hotel and food while getting bent over without the obligatory greasing.

Oh, the lives of a dirtbag travelers................

Funny, though, ducktherope just cruised into our hotel, not knowing we were here, on his way home.

WTF, FKNA, if everything went predictably as planned, it just wouldn't be as interesting.

we got pounded here too.
    haven t crossed a set of tracks in 2 days.
    top t-bar was burried and strong winds took double chair cable off post, too bad. didn t affect much
    one more tomorrow and its on the plane.
    shut up and ski

Some stoke from today

Didn´t stop to catch many pics. Marte was on hold all day so tommorrow will be bomber, but dammit its snowing again!!!!

Volcano and Caris were open, which meant some decent hikes were available. BC-Girlski, my sealevel ass lungs felt whooped today, even with all the tiger mountain rides! lapped the crap out of an apron today, got some nice steep turns on backside of volcano, even set off a small wet slab late in the day. but mountain is extremly stable so far overall.

friend from Whistler ripping it up.

temporary blue skies and powder, today is complete.

Off to Wine Bar / Johnny´s tonight. More pics later this week.

Thumbs up

Wow.

God i have got to get done there some time soon. Nice pics too, i am just drooling looking over them.
    Warning Powder may be deeper than it appears.

Hey Squirrel, is that Extreme Joe, the red threat?

uh

er

um

buh

i really don't know what to say here

marte opened today. squirrel and I were second chair

basom: we got eduardo's for you, second run. fresh all the way down

then something endless off the sombrero. it was like skiing down all of snowbird except no trees and no other tracks in sight

next: 45-minute bootpack to banana couloir. first tracks down 1600' of 45-50 degree knee deeeeep, racing my sluff. first time I've ever really felt like a rockstar

then some more steep and tight somewere in mercurio, probably couldn't find that same line in a week

tomorrow is entre rios time, most of torrecillas slid huge. maybe a warmup in frankie's, still plenty of fresh on the apron

i will remember this day always

i heart this thread!

get it squirrel, get it!

I am amazed!. I had a picture from Selko and senador was totally bare. Unreal what 4 feet of pow will do.
    I can not believe they got marte opened.
    Enjoy!!!
    Wish i was there for the goods!!!!

Re: uh

Originally posted by Spats
    er

um

buh

i really don't know what to say here

then something endless off the sombrero. it was like skiing down all of snowbird except no trees and no other tracks in sight

next: 45-minute bootpack to banana couloir. first tracks down 1600' of 45-50 degree knee deeeeep, racing my sluff. first time I've ever really felt like a rockstar

then some more steep and tight somewere in mercurio, probably couldn't find that same line in a week

tomorrow is entre rios time, most of torrecillas slid huge. maybe a warmup in frankie's, still plenty of fresh on the apron

i will remember this day always
    F K N A !!!!!!

PS: anybody else read this with hands over your face and just a huge grin on your ugly mug?

Totally stoked right now...i have no idea where any of that is, but I imagine it is sweet, and deep, and that there was lots and lots of happiness. Nice work boys.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

i love how squirrel pm'd me and said that i should fly down on a whim and ski even though he know's i'm a total gimp for a couple more months. i actually debated leaving too.
    btw:
    we need more powdah pics! the santa rosa kicks ass. good timing pimp daddy.

I lose.

Was kinda hoping this wouldn't happen. My summer has been a debate between going to So. Am. again to Las Lenas/Ushuia or satisfying family obligations and going to Europe to visit friends, family, etc for the month. Now I can't complain. Just spent 3 days in Prague, going to Roma to visit some Italien friends and then up to Scandiland for a chunk of time, but damn, Marte in pow, that would have been amazing!!!

Git sum all! Very jealous right now...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Knowing how much fun Eduardo's was on month old snow last year I can't even begin to imagine how good a time these guys must be having.

SECOND CHAIR!?! That's it? Geeze guys, noboday cares about second place.

Git it, git it all.

[saturn commercial] When you said "we" did you mean you and Squirrel as "we" or just the proverbial "we"? [/saturn commercial]
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

i love you guys.

when you summit entre rios write my name in the snow with your pee, and if you have enough left in the tank add that i'll see her next year. then rip the shit out of it.

Re: Re: uh

Originally posted by basom
    i love you guys.

when you summit entre rios write my name in the snow with your pee, and if you have enough left in the tank add that i'll see her next year. then rip the shit out of it.
    POTD!!!

Re: Re: uh

Originally posted by basom
    i love you guys.

Entre Rios pictures coming. Didn´t get to piss your name in the snow, but it was a nice 15 foot cornice into waist deep, wasatch type light cold fluffy smoke, untracked all the way to the bottom through main chute I hope that will do!

Pics a coming!!!!

More Pics!

It has been unbelievable here lately. Snow quality and powder shots, bluebird days....Quilmes beer.... oh so good! Wish you all could enjoy some of thsi.... oh , wait a minute, no sorry, can´t allow any more people in the valley gotta look out for our tracks!

Anyway, enjoy these photos' more a coming´later this week. gotta run, late for some lomo.

Waking up in the morning before huge pow session unfolds

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chair for us. Waiting for the all clear....

First destination.... oh so good and still deep today

Your average last run at 4pm... here´s dave the hammer laying it down in an undisclosed location...

And here´s one of the Snowbird crew getting in some 3pm faceshots on the way back from Sombrero.

The only chair that matters in this world.... Marte! Ready for your pow shot? Powstash, I will not take no for an answer on the next trip to Lenas 2005

Spats testing out Entre Rios

And Baker Boy, gotta say thanks for wishing me a great beach vacation... notice the shit-eating grin about to drop into 2,000 feet of bliss known as Entre Rios...

And another view of all incredible domain... Cerro Negro in the foreground, our 1st destination tomorrow! Chutes so tasty! Except Torrecillas has a large fracture all the way across... dammit, must wait until that slides after this upcoming weekends storm...

OH MY GOD....Squirrel, I HEART this thread, I HEART South America, hell I think right now I even HEART you.....<<drooling right now>>
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Girlski, better pics on the way in a few days.....

Wow.

Nice work, Squirrel.

i almost just re-blowed up my acl because i kicked myself in the face so hard!