Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    May not be torn ACL damage (6+ months rehab), but fractured tibial plateaus hurt like a motherfucker, and will continue to hurt for about a year or more. He's probably having microfracture, thats ~6weeks on crutches, and just dealing with pain management after that. I've had it done a few times, it's no walk in the park.

That really sucks though, especially to injure when it's not completely pilot error. So close to summer too... hopefully he has time to heal by midwinter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    May not be torn ACL damage (6+ months rehab), but fractured tibial plateaus hurt like a motherfucker, and will continue to hurt for about a year or more. He's probably having microfracture, thats ~6weeks on crutches, and just dealing with pain management after that. I've had it done a few times, it's no walk in the park.
    I've heard horror stories, but it's not always that bad. I had a non-displaced tibial plateau fracture that healed pretty quickly and hasn't bothered me since. I didn't need surgery, though, so my experience might not be relevant.

The annoying thing is that regardless of strength gains, or rehab you can't really change the fact that the bone aches. I'm coming from multiple fracture sites, but after about a year or so it seems to lessen significantly. If it's his first time hopefully it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post

That really sucks though, especially to injure when it's not completely pilot error.
    I think everyone involved are big boys and their is no finger pointing going on. The good thing is the boys will both heal to 100%.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

that jump looks like shit, tanners fault for hitting it

If the jump changes, or conditions/temperatures change you have to alter speed going in, happens all the time in SX, just sucks to be the one being the guinea pig. Especially if the landing tranny is super short. Athletes never have to hit a feature, it's their own choice.

I can't believe all the armchair QB's, most of whom would never have the sack to do half of the shit those two can do on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure they have both seen ramps and know what works and what doesnt.
    Sounds like conditions changed and speeds went up.
    I can't imagine the balls it took for Tanner to get on that bitch the day after Wiley got wrecked. You armchair experts need to go up there right now and shorten the inrun and hit that thing solid since its so easy to you.

+++++++vibes and speedy recovery to both.

Good to hear it's not as bad as it could've been. Still sucks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Women that straightline are hot.

Wiley had a relatively good attitude when I talked to him at the hospital right after his accident...or at least seemed to be taking it like a pro. I joked that at least it couldn't have happened much later in the season, and he laughed about it. It's cool to know that these guys not only rip, but are super cool and have good attitudes as well. I hope they both heal fast.
    Fuckin' shit up since 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I can't believe all the armchair QB's, most of whom would never have the sack to do half of the shit those two can do on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure they have both seen ramps and know what works and what doesnt.
    Sounds like conditions changed and speeds went up.
    I can't imagine the balls it took for Tanner to get on that bitch the day after Wiley got wrecked. You armchair experts need to go up there right now and shorten the inrun and hit that thing solid since its so easy to you.

+++++++vibes and speedy recovery to both.

I resent the term armchair QB.

Wanna see a REAL gap jump? Pretty sure this one was about ~100ft to tranny, not 20 or 30. Doesn't mean that overshooting hurts any less though.

Lots of people on this forum can "sack up", and do it on a regular basis.

Surgery was today for one of the gents... only 9 more months until X-games. Seems like perfect timing!

tibial plateau fractures are pretty fuct up.
    sure hope they don't find any surprises once they cut.

Vibes ++

that jump looks like it was built by a fuckin blind leper