Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hit and run

glad your ok. could of been way worse. collarbones heal fast 4-6 weeks. people can such scum, hit a guy into a ditch, watch just long enough to see you get and move some then split. hangin's too good for this sumbitch.
    ++++vibes++++

Dammit man!

So glad you're (relatively) okay. This was in the canyon I assume?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Dammit man!

So glad you're (relatively) okay. This was in the canyon I assume?

yeah, in the canyon, I had just finished riding Culvert trail and was taking Old Foresthill Rd. back to the confluence rather than taking Confluence river trail. My brakes were pretty jacked and had no power, so I figured it would be safer to take the road. doh!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Scary dude! Glad you're relatively OK...fuggin sketch.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

clavicles hurt. that sucks.

really glad that you weren't seriously injured though considering a vehicle hit you... heal up dude.

Stakeout idea isn't bad, but what about getting hypnotized? Maybe they will help you remember something about the truck.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Lame, I would sit in my car at around the same time for a few nights at he same spot and go for an I.D.
    get well
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Did you file a police report? Heal up!
    x2

when I got hit-and-run a long time ago, this step helped me see the fucker get a $750 fine.

Fuck, mang -- heal quickly and well.
    not counting days 2016-17

damn shoe. glad you are not dead. heal quick mang -db
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Aww man, that really sucks to hear.

So glad that it didn't turn out any worse!

Ron, do you think the driver hit you intentionally, or are you thinking it was more of an accident? Either way, completely shameful that they drove off. Agreed with everyone else to encourage you to file a police report. It's important for trending as well- what if the same white truck has done this before?

Heal up fast, buddy.

I'm heading over to the guns thread to figure out the best solution. Be right back......
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

WOW, so glad you are ok man, unbelievably scary.

I kinda try not think about it (the cross your fingers technique), but considering I spend probably 6 hours a week riding around Reno on roads, it is a big risk. I was riding a road this morning with cars coming by at 50 and giving it some thought. I wonder if a mirror to see behind you could have allowed enough time to dive out of the way??? I should do that.

So sorry that happened!
    Donjoy to the World!

Heal up fast. My broken collar bone hurt for about 2 weeks. Taking the brace on and off was the worst part. By week 4 the pain was basically gone.

Wow, sounds like a terrible end to the ride. Heal up fast, eh?

Ron - Definitely file a police report. Also, write the Auburn Journal (letter to the editor?)... you never know... the driver might tell his buddy, his wife, his bartender, or someone that he hit a bicycle rider (whether it was accidental or malicious). If that person reads the article/letter and discovers you really were injured, perhaps they'll turn the driver in to authorities.

AJ editor: ajournal@goldcountrymedia.com
    cc this guy... he's covered cycling for the AJ: Todd Mordhorst, sports editor, (530) 852-0240, toddm@goldcountrymedia.com
    Letter to the Editor form: http://forms.placeropolis.com/?form=letter

Do this today!

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Beer View Post
    Do this today!
    seconded....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Damn. Glad it wasn't worse, but heal up quick. I agree that you need to file a report. Hopefully you can track him down somehow.

Shit, that really sucks. Will this put a damper on the race season (obviously you wont be riding for several weeks, but anything coming soon that will be missed?).

I never got the chance to ride any off road singletrack in that area(never brought my bike), but when I stayed with my uncle near Lotus/Garden Valley, Id ride Coloma Rd and Georgetown Rd, as well as the dreaded uphill of Marshal Rd almost every week and I never had a problem with vehicles.

Heal up man. You'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Bummer. Heal up fast!

I just returned from a ride that takes me across town out and back to hit a trail. On the way out, this guy passed me literally within a few inches between the side of his car and my bars. He knew I was there, as he slowed for an oncoming car. I chalked it up to some bullshit anger issue. Dangerous game some people play with their assault vehicles.

Damn....that sucks, get well and get back on the bike!
    I stay up all night, I go to sleep watching dragnet

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Shit, that really sucks. Will this put a damper on the race season (obviously you wont be riding for several weeks, but anything coming soon that will be missed?).

yeah a definite damper. I'm leading the point series in my category for my local 12-race racing series and we're just at the halfway point, and there are 6 races (6 weeks) left. I'll now miss the remainder of these races, which sucks as I had winning this as a sort of 'pie the sky' type goal when I started riding a lot this past winter. Oh well, there is always next year.

There's plenty of races I was planning on in the summer that won't be affected though. I'll set my sights on the Kirkwood 8-hour event on August 1st as my next race that I want to do well in.

Empty Beer - Good advice. And I'll take you up on it. Thanks for the tips
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    yeah a definite damper. I'm leading the point series in my category for my local 12-race racing series and we're just at the halfway point, and there are 6 races (6 weeks) left. I'll now miss the remainder of these races, which sucks as I had winning this as a sort of 'pie the sky' type goal when I started riding a lot this past winter. Oh well, there is always next year.
    I'll finish your races for you and guaran-god-damn-T you finish in the top 20 and you can keep the prize. That's the kind of guy I am, lemme know if you get a better offer .

Heal up fast and glad you came out relatively OK. Sorry I couldn't help out yesterday didn't see your text till late last night.

And if you want to rally a "kill jesse james" type posse to get after that hit and run focker lemme know and I'll arrange for some appropriate medieval torture type devices.
    Last edited by madturtle; 05-11-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

Holy. Thank goodness that didn't end worse.

You mentioned the tire squeal... were there braking skid marks where he hit you? How wide is the road? Was he driving fast? I'm trying to figure what hell this driver was doing. Based on what you said, it sounds like there was more than enough time for him to see you, which means he might have hit you intentionally?

Definitely get the cops onto this. A driver like that needs to be taken off the road ASAP.

I'm incredibly relieved to hear that you're as ok as possible given the situation. If there's anything that I can do to help out, please don't hesitate to contact me. Take care of all the legal bits. A hit and run is a serious offense, and having it recorded by the police can only help, particularly if there's some guy with a vehicle and the willingness to put people at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I never thought I'd get hit by a car and feel so god damn lucky.
    I know this feeling well, it does not fade.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979