Some East Coast stoke

Not a detailed TR, but here's a quick edit my buddy threw together from this past Sunday's paddling.

Cheat Fest was drawing near which, aside from good bluegrass and heavy drinking, usually means one thing: crowded runs on the local rivers. Luckily the skies opened just in time to juice the streams, and we were treated to some fine WV creekin'. The weekend started with some beefy laps on the North Fork of the Blackwater prior to the party (no footage unfortunately). Only four other people were spotted that day. Oddly, but thankfully, the rains held off for the festivities, and started back up late that night. Sunday presented us with levels even higher than the day before, so we decided to take advantage of it and fire up Bull Run which is a small tributary of the Cheat. It was a little on the low side, but still a damn good time despite the wood/mank. Best of all we didn't see anybody else on the stream. Solid. fucking. weekend.

Hell yeah, that one's still on the list if I am ever back in the Cheat drainage.

Some classic Zone Doggery, with all that fist pumping and whatnot. Schweeet!

Bunge lost his paddle! How's that creek smell nowadays?

Yeah, apparently if he feels his paddle hang up on anything he'll let go since that's how he dislocated his shoulder a few years back. I'm just surprised he was able to eddy out so quickly - we though he was about to fire up Horn of the Bull sans paddle!

As far as the smell - it's an exquisite medley of peroxide and livestock runoff.

Your low water looks more fun than our low water. Good shit.