Thread: Yampa Canyon

Yampa Canyon

After placing a lot of calls this spring we ended up getting luck and landed an early season launch for Yampa Canyon.
    We gathered 15 great friends to join us for the journey down the river.
    The weather was outstanding until the last night when the clouds darkened and let a whole lot rain fall on us.
    As the trip leader I thought is was only right if I flipped us on the last day of the trip. Wanted to make sure I still knew how to swim in cold water.
    All and all it was a great way to start the season.
    Now we are looking forward to a Middle Fork trip in late June.

Good ol Yampa. I think we're always hittin the same rivers,i'm doin the MF in June too. Grand,Middle Fork and Lodore in the same season! Love me some boatin.

Did you have a skinny,squinty-eyed dude in your group named Dan? He was in his tiny grey paddle boat. He was there about the same time...
    So local it hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    Good ol Yampa. I think we're always hittin the same rivers,i'm doin the MF in June too. Grand,Middle Fork and Lodore in the same season! Love me some boatin.

Did you have a skinny,squinty-eyed dude in your group named Dan? He was in his tiny grey paddle boat. He was there about the same time...
    No one named Dan on our trip this year.
    What day are you launching on the MF? We launch on June 26th I think, then a Ladore trip in late Aug.

those pictures look amazing.
    well done

I'm doin the MF on June 17th,then Lodore on July 7th. I'd love to go do the Upper Animas too,amongst others. Nother great boatin season...
    So local it hurts...

God that shot from Split Canyon(#7) is sick! Love days like that on the water.