Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

1962 Ferrari 250 GTE

WANT

cannot haz

I'll take the 250 GTO, thank you:

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

275 GTB/4

Apparently it's true, you can't buy taste. You people with your Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Thhhhhhpppppppppppptttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one classic. And you know it is great because it was built by the Master Race!

MERCEDES 300SL!!!!!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Hate to show up and not be a snob, but I kinda like all of those...

It's not unheard of to start with the GTE

And modify it to create a 250 California Spyder

Personally, if were talking about Ferrari 250s, I prefer the very sexy Lusso
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    All respectable choices, and gotta love the classics. For me, I'd be pretty stoked if I could get one of these...

^^^ I know that track! But specifics escape me.

Sweet video too, too bad there aren't more that just feature the car.

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

^^^ Is the track Thunderhill? It looks like a Califronia track with all the oaks, but not one of the southern/central CA tracks, most of which I have driven.

The R8 is one of the best looking super cars out there currently, not the best performance wise, but it sure is beautiful. I am surprised the German came up with that, but since their top designers are American it is not too big of a surprise.

With out a doubt the 250 California spider is one of the most beautiful cars ever built...Oh Yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    250 California Spyder

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

One of my customers thought it was funny when I charged him $25.00 to change the oil on his 250 GTE. He said it was the cheapest service ever done in the history of the car.

Old Ferraris are cool. Hell, any Ferrari is cool. But the modern examples are some of the most beautiful cars ever made. Like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    ^^^ Is the track Thunderhill? It looks like a Califronia track with all the oaks, but not one of the southern/central CA tracks, most of which I have driven.
    No it's a European track. I want to say it is in southern Spain, or Italy... Top Gear did a bunch of testing there. The name is on the tip of my tongue! AHHHH! What is the KGB text answer number?

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

There is a God and God is a man.

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post

not to rain on your parade but 7900$ for a souped up grocery getter Hitlerwagen....come on....
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kied View Post
    All respectable choices, and gotta love the classics. For me, I'd be pretty stoked if I could get one of these...

they are a dime a dozen around Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    not to rain on your parade but 7900$ for a souped up grocery getter Hitlerwagen....come on....
    He should get a lot more than 7900 for it...

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    Apparently it's true, you can't buy taste. You people with your Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Thhhhhhpppppppppppptttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one classic. And you know it is great because it was built by the Master Race!

MERCEDES 300SL!!!!!

okbye
    50 years later, my dad still talks about the day he got to drive this car.

My little red head:...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    ...of choice, that is.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Old Ferraris are cool. Hell, any Ferrari is cool. But the modern examples are some of the most beautiful cars ever made. Like this one.

a guy lives in the next town from me has one of these (same color) just sitting in his driveway...for weeks now. looks like it hasn't moved. of course, the 911 and amg that are also parked in his driveway seem to get some use.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    a guy lives in the next town from me has one of these (same color) just sitting in his driveway...for weeks now. looks like it hasn't moved. of course, the 911 and amg that are also parked in his driveway seem to get some use.
    I have a client that has a Galardo and a Ferrari 430. Neither car gets driven as he bought them as investments????
    No fucking way could I own a nice car and not drive it daily. Did you guys see the Ferrari 460 on Top Gear? My dream car for sure.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSAE8iOPxo"]YouTube- ‪Ferrari Enzo‬‎[/nomedia]
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nice video. The 430 that I have shown is pretty tricked out. It has carbon brakes, steering wheel, paddles, dash and door handles, along with two 16"woofers behind the seats. Here's a couple pics. at the track (the only place it gets driven).

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post

Since Mercedes has decided to release a retro version, I recently read a comparison of the old 300SL gullwing vs convertible, and the convertible, (sorry, roadster) was a much better car - lighter, and better handling (they revised the suspension). Easier to get into, too. The modern version is the same - they say it's like getting into spacecraft, with the same vision out the windows.