MMA mags- New face you'll be seeing soon...

Brendan Weafer. Enjoy the ass-whuppin' vidoes. One of my best friends and all around great dude. Also a bad, bad mofo in the ring. Mark my words, he will be making big ass waves very soon.

Just a few stats. He fights at 170 and has only lost one pro fight. (during which he fought for 8 minutes with a broken jaw and lost to a decision) Amazing striker w/ rediculous standup- a ton of thai fighting experience (4 months in Thailand under the only Muay Thai PhD in the world.) Also NY state champ wrestler in high school- the ground game is brutal to say the least. He's trained and fought with the likes of Hughes, Fisher, Florian, GSP and Gracie among many others and *ahem* may be on a certain show about fighting soon. Obviously I'm barely scratching the surface here but you get the idea. Just wanted to be able to tell you "I told you so" later. Enjoy the vids!

vs. Travis Lerchen a.k.a. "The Villain", who was talking maaaaaad shit before the fight. Not so much now. The smelling salts did nothing to reveve him, btw. Be sure to watch the slow mo replay and listen for thunder.

Vs. Tim Macy, who was a phenomenal boxer and pinched Bren's optical nerve with one of the punches, making him temporarily blind in one eye. Stop? Nah. This camera angle doesn't really show the rediculous leg spreadage he has him in right around 2:15-2:35ish. Talk about control. I'll try to find the HQ version but this'll have to do for now.

This was a highlight reel from his first pro fight a few years ago out in Boston. The kid he was fighting (same kid both with and without black shirt) was undefeated in a bareknuckle league but, uh... Not so much now. Pwnage every second of the match, I'm amazed the kid didn't get knocked out- tough dude for sure, but obviously had no business in that ring.

So if you see him on TV or on a fight card- root for my boy! WOOT! WOOT!
    Last edited by DoWork; 04-29-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Looks pretty fucking refined with his Muay Thai. Totally locked on to that last guy. Will be looking for him.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

The kids got some clinch skills. That last dude took a beating and he did not look #170.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Heh... Looks like he's beating up a fat kid at school for his lunch money in that last one.
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Holy crap. That fat kid must have been pissing blood after all the knees he took in the 3rd clip. Will definitely keep an eye out for Brendan Weafer.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

There's also alot more of his shizz on youtube if anybody's interested. Just type in his name and there's some good stuff and also footage of his pwnage of the former Bangkok thaiboxing champ while he was out there- he gets sick of the guy's excessive use of the thai clinch so he spikes him on his face- I laughed. It's funny, his weight class equates to heavyweight out there so he looks absolutely huge. The venue alone is worth watching the clips, you can almost see roosters fighting in the background and shit.

As for the last kid- Yeah, I'm sure he felt it for a good long time afterwards. OOoh... Yep. That smarts. To give him credit though, he didn't get knocked out- I doubt anybody's taking that fat kid's lunch money. (Insert fat kid fighting for lunch money joke here)
    Last edited by DoWork; 04-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

holy fuck that sequence that finished at 1:50 in the 3rd clip was ridiculous. explosive power from nowhere with that last kick. That would have taken that kids head off if he had been 3" higher.

It will be interesting to see what he looks like against some real competition. Too often do we see promising up and comers like this finally get to the big leagues only to be reminded of the difference in competition that exists between the top 10% in this sport and all the rest.

Your boy's got skills to be sure. But Carlos Condit couldn't beat Martin Kampman in his UFC debut, after being WEC Champ at this weight class for days. Things change when you step into the real Octagon. The way he leans in with his head and rushes for the clinch will be seen in all his tapes by a good competitor and he might turn out pretty vulnerable to a good counter-striker.

Will be fun to see some real aggressive Muay Thai in 170 for sure though. Thanks for sharing.