Anyone need a ride from VT to AK?

Heading to Girdwood in a few weeks. Anyone bored?

are you ever coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by telepow View Post
    Heading to Girdwood in a few weeks. Anyone bored?
    i'm bored. whats your plan?

gp- probably not anytime soon. The plan is to either drive straight there or take the ferry from Bellingham, WA. Should be a cool drive and the skiing should still be decent upon arrival. Departure date will be around the 17th

huh... so what does that mean for arrival date? i'd like to give myself some time to do some skiing....

i'm finding some absurdlyl low one way flights from ANC to BTV around june 1.... (and + 1 week)

hoping make it there by the 25th

Total Estimated Time: 79 hours 54 minutes
    Total Estimated Distance: 4591.45 miles

Quote Originally Posted by telepow View Post
    gp- probably not anytime soon. The plan is to either drive straight there or take the ferry from Bellingham, WA. Should be a cool drive and the skiing should still be decent upon arrival. Departure date will be around the 17th
    Drive, definitely drive. Best road trip ever
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

i probably would've taken you up on that offer had i not booked my flight to anchorage a week ago. are you planning on taking your time and checking out some cool places on your way up there?

woof... i'll get back to yo usoon... i wouldnt be suprised if sam jumps on this before i can figure my stuff out... room for 2 "stowe"-aways? ;- )

you guys are nuts and i like it... so jealous... keep us updated

I'd have to think about it. All my friends are graduating and moving away this month and my lease expires and i have to move on june 1st.

edit: are you planning on stopping to ski along the way, or do you have your eyes on the prize in girdwood.

hey there televt,

we're friends with some of your friends. (driscolls) we just moved to a small town 1/2 hour south of bellingham. let me know if you need a place to crash if you come through this way, you're welcome to spend a night or two on our couch.

skis and skins will be ready to go at all times but I'd like to get there by the 25th. Probably only room for 1 stowe away who packs lightly

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    hey there televt,

we're friends with some of your friends. (driscolls) we just moved to a small town 1/2 hour south of bellingham. let me know if you need a place to crash if you come through this way, you're welcome to spend a night or two on our couch.
    cool much appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by telepow; 04-29-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Telepow- You post here long time. Why you not notice Hookups Forum. Title say: "Hookups- Hook Up and Ride together" Very simple. You must train your mind and your body. Only then will your awareness improve.

can you stop by boyne and pick me up a couple of these?

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158373

p.s. Best Alias ever. ^
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

glad to see that transfer worked out for you, have fun out there.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    wong fowum jong is awesome. we need more abbots around here to balance out all the smelly jerrys... ^^^

and the road trip, is fucking great. i was hating on america for a while till i moved my ex xc to seatle and took the path less traveled. fell in love with this great land again.

you:
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

that road trip is excellent! I would personally suggest, if you're not doing major sight seeing, going straight north to montreal and driving the road across. canada 1 is great, and the plains are shorter that way. i've done the vt/ak drive three times now. each time we've taken the road to calgary to up through banff/jasper.. totally worth it. screw the ferry, drive the road. it's really pretty.
    the alaska highway is always awesome, though some of the canadian potholes could fit your car in them.
    the trip took us about 8 days, but that was driving steadily through the day, up to 12 hrs, then sleeping at campgrounds at night. we weren't really rushing it, but not really stopping too long, either. if you do head north first, and it's not super rainy, head across ontario and go through thunder bay. i couldn't believe how pretty it was. the logging country above quetico is really nice, too.
    have a fun drive and enjoy girdy! if i lived closer, i'd offer you a place to crash, but we're really not on the way...

wow you better really like your travel buddy if you're drivng 4500 miles to AK.