21 day hold on Paypal payments for ebay items?

I was just informed that Paypal places a 21 day hold on all payments received for ebay items. I understand that it protects the buyer, but it still seems a little whack in my book.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Yep. they've been doing that for at least a year. Only stops when you've sold 100 items or so. Complained, was basically told they're more concerned for buyers than sellers.

i think you can release it with a valid tracking /shipping #
    . . .

Ebay sucks.
    Paypal sucks.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    i think you can release it with a valid tracking /shipping #
    yep just call Paypal and confirm delivery

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    yep just call Paypal and confirm delivery
    very good to know, thanks guys.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

I just sold something on ebay for the first time in a couple years. I'm using paypal and my pp account shows a credit from the buyer, then a debit as a transfer to my bank checking account. That was two days ago and it has not shown in my bank checking account. Is it the 21 day hold that is at work here, or something else? I have not yet shipped the item as I was waiting for a deposit, but have just sent an email to the buyer concerning this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Snowful, it's just in electronic transitland from PayPal to your bank account; yours is not a held payment.

If it transferred from within a 48 hour timeframe that would be pretty quick. For me it seems to average around 3 full days for transfer to complete.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snowful View Post
    I just sold something on ebay for the first time in a couple years. I'm using paypal and my pp account shows a credit from the buyer, then a debit as a transfer to my bank checking account. That was two days ago and it has not shown in my bank checking account. Is it the 21 day hold that is at work here, or something else? I have not yet shipped the item as I was waiting for a deposit, but have just sent an email to the buyer concerning this.
    Transfering cash from Paypal to your bank account takes a couple days, yes. If payment from the eBay buyer has shown up in your Paypal account you've been credited and you should have shipped.

Thanks. I'll ship and not worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Ebay sucks.
    Paypal sucks.
    Nuff said.
    Unless of course I say it... Again....

Ebay Sucks.
    Paypal Sucks

Every deal I've been making lately is barter through craigslist. Trading stuff for stuff,
    Paying $0 in fees, and getting the stuff I want, for the stuff I have no need for.
    Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    Yep. they've been doing that for at least a year. Only stops when you've sold 100 items or so. Complained, was basically told they're more concerned for buyers than sellers.
    The fact that ebay sellers have to pay huge fees and ebay owns paypal might have something to do with it.

The tracking number only works to release the payment once the item has been delivered. It usually takes a day or two after that before they actually release the money to you. Another option is to have the seller go in and give you positive feedback before he/she receives the item- very few will agree, but if you explain to them the situation, you might get lucky.

Other than that, it sucks.

Positive feedback from the buyer will also release the hold on your payment. I was in the same boat last year while selling a bunch of skis. After a few transactions, paypal stopped holding the payments and I still don't have 100 feedback comments. Just my $.02

refund them .01 I do it all the time and it frees the money up right after you do that.

Making Mo money with your money

I wonder how much interest you can collect by keeping a KAZILLION Dollars in an account for 20 days ?

Thats what they are up to.

Some other company got busted for this in the 90's
    Own your fail. ~Jer~