Looking for Broken Top, OR beta...anyone?

We're planning on doing Broken Top by the Sisters near Bend in a couple of weeks. We want to go up basically on the SW slope somewhere near Green Lake(?). Any beta anyone can offer is appreciated. TR to follow in a few weeks.

TIA

PM Schralper if hes still in on the forum. He's pretty active in the Bend backcountry

insert cricket noise

bump 4 Schralper
    Last edited by Powder Pirate; 04-27-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    "But Dude wait I'm from Oakridge"
    ARRRRGGGGGG Stay away from me treasure

"Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by yonskion View Post
    what a dick.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Get a Job
    This Schralper bait ain't working either
    Last edited by yonskion; 04-28-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Broken Top is a good ski/scramble. We did it as an early evening ski from camp at Green Lake about 15 years ago. We also did South and Middle on that trip, traversing out to a TH near Sisters. Camp at Green Lake w/ ski/scramble of BT on Day 1 and ski of South Sister on Day 2, break camp and exit is a great weekend trip.

BT should be corned up great in a couple weeks. It's moderate angle skiing (as is South). If you desire to bag the summit, the ridge is a fun scramble. There's a move or two below the summit so you might want to take a pair of light hikers, although we did it in ski boots.

Although the first responses were.....confusing, I appreciate the input. Thanks, Big Steve. I need to get a map of the area and check things out. One of our buddies did the SW side some time ago and suggested it but I'm wondering if there isn't some better stuff more to the north and/or east side. I need to get a good map and do some more looking into it.

I cant really tell you anything other then the West side is begging to be skied
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

^^^^ it REALLY breaks my heart that we didnt ski that face on that day. That trip really was a clusterf***.

Yeah it really breaks my heart as well
    But I'm sure I will get the opportunity again
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411