Mike Shanahan's house

Dibs.....
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Wonder if you could bid on just the Carriage House + pool privileges.
    http://www.pruittmarketingresources....hcarriage.html

Looks from Google maps like his neighbor might be even bigger.

Jeebus...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I don't care how much money I have, I will never have any desire to own something like that.

A buddy of mine did some masonry on that place and said Shanahan was one of the worst people he had ever worked for. Apparently he had a habit of showing up at the job site at 5 am, before he went to work, and he would leave an impossible list of changes for the general contractor. Then he would come back later in the afternoon and bitch about wasn't done.

If I remember correctly his neighbor is Janet Elway. She got the property as part of her divorce and sub-divided it.
    Last edited by sftc; 04-24-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    If I remember correctly his neighbor is Janet Elway. She got the property as part of her divorce and sub-divided it.
    Funny, I think she got the "cabin" in ruby ranch too (SuCo). We used to walk by it on our way to the gore trail.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Here's a better view I pulled from the "birds eye" view on maps.live.com;

You can find the rest of the neighborhood in this view by clicking the fly-out birds eye view link; http://maps.live.com/?v=2&where1=20%...7175&encType=1

At what point does a house become a "compound"?
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

why would spen that much money to live in such an ugly area, and still be 50 feet from the next house?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensisnow View Post
    At what point does a house become a "compound"?
    when it is surrounded by walls and the term usually refers to a property with several houses for extended family
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness