Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    We've got it bad enough without getting ganked by the umps. Christ, I was ready to beat somebody before that dipshit threw out Ramirez for no reason--squeezing Buchholz, calling Pedroia out on a fake foul tip, not being able to discern checked swings. Godawful...
    [quote][//quote]

Luis Tiant, coasting on the curse of the Bambino. Thank you, BoSox owners at the time. I enjoyed watching him in pinstripes.

Man, listening to him reminds me how well Al Pacino got that Cubano thing down.

Sweep. What a series...for Yankee fans.
    Click. Point. Chute.

On the positive side for Sox fans -- your team scored two runs. That's something you can build on!
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

From Espn -
    The Red Sox finished the disastrous series 3 for 38 with runners in scoring position, scoring two runs total the final three games. Their ugly scoreless streak against New York was Boston's longest since a 34-inning stretch from Sept. 1-24, 1952, according to STATS LLC.
    Ouch.

Pretty tough next 20 games for Sox.
    -4 against Detroit at home
    -6 on road against Toronto and TX
    -10 against NYY, White Sox, Toronto at home

Assuming they see Halliday 2x, this could be a pretty tough strech for the Sox.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Wow rough weekend. Sox not playing well to say the least- defintely not hitting at all. Not sure what else to say, its still early August but they need to play better to even have a shot at the division or even the playoffs.
    Decisions Decisions

Brutal series for the Sox, and their fans. Personally, I haven't been this tepid on a Sox team since Dante Bichette, Rolando Arrojo, and Mike Lansing were part of the organization. Outside of two dominant starters (who between them couldn't get a win this series), this team is painful to watch. Unathletic, undisciplined in big moments, and they lack a personality.

That said, the race for the Wild Card should be very exciting.

And Yankees fans, let's not get too carried away, alright? Rob Neyer summed it up pretty well in a tweet last night:

"Difference between Yankees in 2008 and Yankees in 2009? Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira. Money talks, brother."

You subscribe to Rob Neyer's twitter feed? That guy's a bigger douchebag than Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith combined.

Quote Originally Posted by stump832 View Post
    And Yankees fans, let's not get too carried away, alright? Rob Neyer summed it up pretty well in a tweet last night:

"Difference between Yankees in 2008 and Yankees in 2009? Sabathia, Burnett, Teixeira. Money talks, brother."
    That's bullshit. Cano's defense, Nick Swisher, Joba successful as a starter. All having a huge impact as well. You can't chalk this up to only $$$.

Edit: you said tweet. You fucking douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    That's bullshit. Cano's defense, Nick Swisher, Joba successful as a starter. All having a huge impact as well. You can't chalk this up to only $$$.

Edit: you said tweet. You fucking douchebag.
    You're telling me that if the Yankees hadn't signed those three (Sabathia, Burnett, Texeira) players in the offseason that Cano's defense, Joba's 1.5 baserunners per inning, and Nick Swisher's faux-hawk would have gotten the Yankees 6.5 games in front on August 9? Sounds like someone is a little bit defensive about all the cash his team spends. You also fail at critical thinking, research, and basic-acknowledgement-of-reality.

PS. You suck at life.

wow

keep your chins up RedSox Nation.
    Just breathe

Well, this has been a sobering roadtrip, to say the least.

Talk about getting your ass handed to you. It is only August, but I am starting to get the feeling that this may be over for the beloved Sox.

If they don't get hot, or even frigin tepid, offensively they won't stand a chance.

BUT, just as they Yanks did before (multiple times) this year, they could also cool off and suck balls for awhile.

She ain't singing yet...

You should have been here yesterday!

You're telling me that if the Yankees hadn't signed those three (Sabathia, Burnett, Texeira) players in the offseason that Cano's defense, Joba's 1.5 baserunners per inning, and Nick Swisher's faux-hawk would have gotten the Yankees 6.5 games in front on August 9? Sounds like someone is a little bit defensive about all the cash his team spends. You also fail at critical thinking, research, and basic-acknowledgement-of-reality.

PS. You suck at life.
    Lol... you said 'tweet' and you think I suck at life...

First off, why would I get touchy about the team spending cash now? Are you just tuning in or something?

I never said that Sabathia, Burnett, and Texiera had not had season changing impact. I said that those factors did not completely explain the teams success, which is true. So, I'm pretty sure these comments were to be directed at yourself.

"You also fail at critical thinking, research, and basic-acknowledgement-of-reality."

Sounds like someone is a little bit defensive about all the cash his team spends.
    Since 2000, all we've heard from Red Sox Nation is: the Yankees are proof that you can't create a great team by throwing around free-agent money (our lack of WS rings during this period would seem to confirm that). Now, you're saying that it really does work.

You can't have it both ways.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo View Post
    Since 2000, all we've heard from Red Sox Nation is: the Yankees are proof that you can't create a great team by throwing around free-agent money (our lack of WS rings during this period would seem to confirm that). Now, you're saying that it really does work.

Since 2000...the Yankees still havent won shit. Last I checked, its still August. Congrats on the August series victory, itll fit in nicely as the highlight of the 2009 season documentary on YES in November.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo View Post
    I never said it. What I, and others, said was that mis-directed spending (e.g, on old guys like Giambi, Brown, Randy Johnson) wouldn't buy championships, and that was absolutely proven true. This season the yanks, having obviously learned their lesson, bought three "in their prime" top tier free agents - we shouldn't be surprised they are out to a 6.5 game lead, right? It's not having it both ways - its reality. The yankees changed from a poorly managed team that spends 200MM to a well-managed team that spends 200MM.

I think me and other Sox fans had fooled ourselves into believing that our team could beat the '09 juggernaut, and after this weekend its pretty clear that as presently constructed we can't. I'm sure if the sox spent another 80MM annually it'd be a totally different story, and that was the entire point of the quote I posted.

I'm sure if the sox spent another 80MM annually it'd be a totally different story, and that was the entire point of the quote I posted.
    And so it begins (edit: I should say, continues where it lef toff in 2K3)... You didn't even wait to see if you actually lose first. At least you're a real sox fan, expecting to lose - instead of these RSN hosers who seem to think they can't lose ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Last I checked, its still August.
    I agree and ain't counting any chickens, but the rest of your crew is already throwing in the towel and conceding defeat, Irul-like.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    And so it begins (edit: I should say, continues where it lef toff in 2K3)... You didn't even wait to see if you actually lose first. At least you're a real sox fan, expecting to lose - instead of these RSN hosers who seem to think they can't lose ever again.

You're missing points at a dizzying pace. Thanks for the reminder about why I don't frequent this place anymore, JONG.

You're missing points at a dizzying pace. Thanks for the reminder about why I don't frequent this place anymore, JONG.

Clearly - hence the content of your post. A stronger arguement has never been typed.

Feel free to not 'frequent this place anymore' you whiney twat.

tweet, tweet

the real reason you don't frequent hear anymore is you are too busy tweeting!
    Just breathe

What’s up with A’Rod doing a curtain call for his (typical) solo one run shot?? This is getting ridiculous. They had to push Maris out of the dugout for acknowledging the cheers for 61. Are these guys going to take a little bow at first base soon for beating an infield dribbler?

Man, that guy is the poster child for narcissism unbridled.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    the real reason you don't frequent hear anymore is you are too busy tweeting!
    I gotta go with this as the stump pwnage of the day award. Although the other guy did drop a "twat" on his head. It doesn't get much more lethal than succombing to a twat bomb on annonymous internet chat boards. I guarantee you all that ol' Stump is still picking up the pieces after that one.

Personally, I chalk up all of this bad karma to the premature sale of Julio Lugo. That shit is gonna haunt us.

Julio Lugo was haunting us when he was around, so I don't see the problem...
    [quote][//quote]