Bacon + Hangover = Science

You can't argue against this science:

http://www.alwayshungryny.com/though...ures-hangover/

AlwaysInformed: Bacon Scientifically Cures Hangovers
    April 23, 2009

It’s no secret that a warm Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwich is many people’s go-to fix for a hangover, but why? A team of researchers at Newcastle’s University Centre Life decided to investigate this correlation. They found that food, in general, helps cure hangovers because it speeds up the metabolism so that the body can quickly rid itself of the alcohol. Is this the greatest scientific discovery ever, or what?

But, bacon, in particular, has a scientifically special place in the hearts of the hungover. This is because “a complex chemical interaction in the cooking of bacon produces the winning combination of taste and smell which is almost irresistible”—even to vegetarians! It’s the “reaction between amino acids in the bacon and reducing sugars in the fat [that] provides the sandwich with its appeal.” So the next time you crawl out of bed and head for the deli, you might be better off heading to the kitchen, since the smell of sizzling bacon is almost as therapeutic to your headache as the indulgent ingestion of the crispy swine. Either way, sounds like science is simply proving something us Hungry Hippos have known, and practiced, for an awfully long time.
    I still call it The Jake.

Huh. Been cooking a lot of bacon during the shutdown.

I thought I just had more time for making bacon.
    But it could be scientific.
    . . .

If a whiff of cooking bacon cures it, you don't have a real hangover.