Utard riders - red rock needed in Vancouver please

Utard riders. I really like red rock - especially in my garden - it looks cool buried in with tons of ferns.

I'm having a bit of a tough time getting it in vancouver for obvious reasons. I brought one rubbermaid full up with me last time and will probably visit again this fall but that involves waiting 5 months or so.

So I will trade North Shore or Squamish or Whistler tour-guiding services for buckets and pails of red rock if you are heading up to cartwheel down Canadian trails.

And now the obligatory Green Ferns shot

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Utard riders. I really like red rock - especially in my garden - it looks cool buried in with tons of ferns.

I'm having a bit of a tough time getting it in vancouver for obvious reasons. I brought one rubbermaid full up with me last time and will probably visit again this fall but that involves waiting 5 months or so.
    I'll be sure to pick up a bunch in Fruita this weekend and overnight it up to you. Will they let rocks through customs? Good to hear you may be down this fall. Hey, Noel is going to be down this weekend, why not just have him fill up a couple dozen suitcases with redrock for the return flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I'll be sure to pick up a bunch in Fruita this weekend and overnight it up to you. Will they let rocks through customs? Good to hear you may be down this fall. Hey, Noel is going to be down this weekend, why not just have him fill up a couple dozen suitcases with redrock for the return flight!
    and the award for least coherent post goes to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

I actually understood that. My friend noel of knollybikes is down at the Fruita Fat Tire Fest. The chances of my persuading him to bring red rock back for me is minimal at best

Why not just buy some bulk at a landscape materials yard? Even in Calgary red rock is available at Burnco and other places in different sizes from about golf ball down to small shale-like stuff. I have it in my side yard and part of the back yard. It sure does look good with greenery.

eldo - there's some on Craigslist. going to look at it tonight

Possibility, but not until late summer...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I actually understood that. My friend noel of knollybikes is down at the Fruita Fat Tire Fest. The chances of my persuading him to bring red rock back for me is minimal at best
    My guess is that Noel will be bringing back something you might pour "on the rocks" but not any actual rocks themselves. Or just simply pour without "rocks".

If the local gig doesn't work out, I may be headed up later this year but not sure if I'm driving or flying yet. I'll check back with you when I know more about my plans to see if you still need (or not). Good luck.

Lee, if that doesn't pan out, I see there is a Burnco retail location in Langley and also a place called Landscape Depot. Don't know where you live so that might be a fair drive.

http://www.landscapedepotbc.com/products.php?cid=11

http://www.burnco.com/RetailWeb/web/retail/LocMap.asp

Have fun in the garden. My back yard finally melted out last week and this morning was under 15 cm of snow again.

awesome! I planted a ton of sword ferns and have lots of natural stuff growing - lupins - foxgloves. Some less charitable might call them weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Hey, Noel is going to be down this weekend, why not just have him fill up a couple dozen suitcases with redrock for the return flight!
    Hah! Knolly the red dirt mule! He'd love that!

++++++++

Lee, what are you doing gardening? Shouldn't you be out skiing? Or testing the new Dynafit Titan in a 26.5, after which you send them along to me for a mere $100 or so?

come on, now!

if I can muster up some red dirt, I'll happily bring it up there in exchange for some local guiding. it's been 4 years since I rode up there. I got the jones.