mammoth this weekend?

MVP starts Friday, thinking of heading up and dirtbaging it. Camp/ hot springs , some back country, ect ect ........

I think we will be there; I'll let you know via this thread or PM.

looking like it might be an interesting weekend weather wise

Post up what your guys' plans are. My mom will be visiting from out of town for the week but I would be down to meet up and get some turns in.
    Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
    www.skimavrick.smugmug.com

If anyone's out at Mammoth this weekend, and has a minute, please let us know what the snow conditions look like along the scenic road -- i.e., is Camp FKNA going to be accessible and clear of snow for the mini -- thanks!

We'll check it out for sure. CDLV and Mavrick, we will be skiing the resort both days it looks like- Mach Looney likely on Moments, I'm probably on Obsetheds. PM if you want some phone digits.
    Last edited by Steven S. Dallas; 04-24-2009 at 05:39 PM.

cool i'll be on atua's , blue jacket, g10mx. pretty good skiing today, just followed the wind and found some nice deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If anyone's out at Mammoth this weekend, and has a minute, please let us know what the snow conditions look like along the scenic road -- i.e., is Camp FKNA going to be accessible and clear of snow for the mini -- thanks!
    Chup,
    posted FKNA conditons in the mini thread

Thanks cdlv -- appreciate the update.

I hope to be there too. I am just trying to nail down a cheap place to stay, as the regular crew and condo won't be there with me. If I can buy you a beer at the Mill on Friday or Saturday, shoot me a pm and I will catch you around 3:30. It would be good to meet the mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

have to work saturday so looks like not back up til the mini,shame too:
    "UNDERCUTTING MID LATITUDE TROF TO BRING SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION TO THE EASTERN SIERRA
    LATE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY....SNOW LEVELS WILL BE ABOVE 8000 FOR THE MOST PART....1 TO 2 FEET POSSIBLE OVER THE SIERRA CREST BY SATURDAY NOON"

BSS Guest
    ^Yes.

I will be on high alert for this weekend. Either Sat/Sun or Sun & Monday - but I'm still waiting to see how the storm comes in before I solidify those plans.

I'm in. Got a place lined up for a few days. I hope the weather report is correct, as powder on my Praxis in May, would be a sic way to close out the lift served season. I will be there Friday thru Sunday, if anyone is around for a few laps, just pm me. Beers at 3:30 at the Mill. Look for a 50 yr old dude with orange Tecnica Dragon's on or just yell out Change for a Nickle. See ya there.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I'll be up there as well - Sat/Sun.

Either M1s or Comis, black stickered-up helmet.

liv2ski, I'll PM you. Hey, is your daughter up there with you???
    Last edited by IE; 04-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by IE View Post
    I'll be up there as well - Sat/Sun.

Hey, is your daughter up here with you???
    Fuckin funny Dood.... I wish, but the girls don't ski.

Missed last weekend since I went down south to meet up with my mom on last minute notice (and forgot about this thread!). I will be out this weekend for sure. Look for a gaper in an ugly gray helmet, neon green jacket (like the race kids unfortunatly) and black pants skiing on either some rossi sickbirds mounted alpine or some stockli stormriders. If i dont make some turns with you guys ill meet you at the mill around 330 ish.
    Don't be that guy. That guy is dead.
    www.skimavrick.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
    Missed last weekend since I went down south to meet up with my mom on last minute notice (and forgot about this thread!). I will be out this weekend for sure. Look for a gaper in an ugly gray helmet, neon green jacket (like the race kids unfortunatly) and black pants skiing on either some rossi sickbirds mounted alpine or some stockli stormriders. If i dont make some turns with you guys ill meet you at the mill around 330 ish.
    Dang Mav, pray for better conditions on Saturday, as I rolled into town at 10am, hit the hill and it felt like rained on slush with a sticky light dusting on top Foggy as shit too.
    Took my skis in to be waxed and will pray Saturday delivers or I will boast out of town to hang with the wifey Saturday night. Hope to see you around 3:30 though.

BSS Guest
    3:30 at the mill it is. See you guys tomorrow.

Avi bombs going off, slush on the ground at Eagle where I am staying, but looks like the mid gondi station got 17" of heavy snow on the cam. Visibility at 7am looks pretty poor. Not sure if I should try it at the opening or wait for noon for the weather to maybe clear a bit
    Looks like the wind is huffing: http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/RT...ble/Screen.png
    I thinking Sunday and Monday may have been the call.
    Last edited by liv2ski; 05-02-2009 at 08:40 AM.

mammoth this weekend

Hopefully someone is up for a drive this weekend. Maybe we can do a 7 Springs mountain drive. We could cruise out at 10am have lunch at 7 Springs. How does Saturday sound? Hopefully Dennis can lead us, since he knows the route out there.