Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck

TR: A 2 year Olds Season in Review.

Owen has skied 8 days this year by the fifth day he would freak out if I tried to help him.

owen and Daddy, he's not sure about the chair lift on his first day out:

now he actually asks, "my jump off chair now?"

we hooked up with the meatdrink's for a tour of the kiddie hill stashes:

not pleased that daddy would go skiing without him:

lets go already:

his first ski injury, bloody lip after crashing on the "jumps" (little rollers on the side of the kiddie hill):

he wanted get right back on the horse, after the crying:

he points to the terrain park and asks, "my go flippin?". he can't understand why I won't let him.

claim it.

owens final day of the '08-'09 season:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ssT0kW9N3c

that last pic should be the new claim it emoticon.

That is awesome! I don't understand how the "be awesome" gene skipped you and hit Owen and I instead.....
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

Quote Originally Posted by kush1 View Post
    That is awesome! I don't understand how the "be awesome" gene skipped you and hit Owen and I instead.....
    Last night he said, "uncle nate is super-queergay. right, daddy?".

Thumbs up

He's killing it.

I wasn't able to get Riley out nearly as much as in years past. Now that we've got two kids I can't haul them both up on my own. Hopefully next year will be better. I wish they had ski programs for younger kids. They don't even start until age 5 or 6.

skiing with a bloody lip? Owen is a badass. don't let him hang around his sketchy uncle too often though

>>>***The Best***<<<
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I cant wait till next season. My girl will be 2 and on skis. Thanks for showing me that it can be done.

Owen might be better off just staying out of Jackson cause that sketchy dude with no teeth his uncle lives with is pretty creepy too.

Best thread here in while

(I especially like the Kirkwood hoody he's wearing.....oh and Kush's commment too, heh)
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

gotta love the fearlessness and resolve of kids that age. No concepts of danger yet developed, just love going after everything. I wish I was still that carefree.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Glad to see the sight of his own blood didn't make him pass out!

That is awesome and only 2 1/2 years old, damn.

Skiing - "so easy a 2 year old can do it".

Good stuff man, just wait till the little ripper can ride powder with you. You will not forget it.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Bloody lip = hardcore. Looks like a ripper in the making. Cant wait to get mine started. Hope she likes it as much as he seems to.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

that kid is radical. i think you're onto something teaching your kid to ski in Cali. when i was little and learning to ski in VT is was always icy and so effing cold. i bet kids dig the whole scene more when it's soft and sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Glad to see the sight of his own blood didn't make him pass out!
    Classic!

Sweet pics though - glad to see you're showing him the way

Radicalness! Like it Older Kush. Owen certainly looks like he did get the bad ass gene.

2 and he is flippin? Nice job dad!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    that kid is radical. i think you're onto something teaching your kid to ski in Cali. when i was little and learning to ski in VT is was always icy and so effing cold. i bet kids dig the whole scene more when it's soft and sunny.
    we're in utah, had to pick the days wisely.

this kid rocks!

They are awesome to watch at this age! Here's my 2 year old...

Last edited by Wanna; 04-19-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what happens when they stick together.

bump for kid stoke!
    Ski Shop

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

This thread is badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

sweetness. the 1st year i gotta admit that its more of a hassle then anytbhing gearing up for an hour and dragging it all to and fro only to ski for like 10 minutes before they've had enough. but the 2nd or 3rd year when they are really digging it and they can actually ride all the way up and gthen follow u all the way down ripping around the mtn is just the schnizzle. from my experience, it seems like 5 yrs old is when they really get muscle memory going and figure out how to make it all happen. soooo much fun now

Good kiddie stoke. My godson (who is 3 1/2) claims he will be 5 next season. Maybe he just means he will rip. Was a lot of fun riding with him this year.

We took him through the mini pipe to force him to turn - he prefers a straight line super wedge. After the pipe, he turned to me and said "Now the jumps, Chad. Now the jumps." He could almost muster enough speed to hit the smallest kicker.

The bloody lip photo reminded me of my little one last year. Just turned three, no harness, no wedgies and she was the bunny hill bomber.

Kept pointing and having a ball on a fresh (groomed) pow day, but it kept her pretty slow so I let her go. Then she ventured off to the side, where it was quite a bit deeper - at speed. The inevitable face plant, goggle packing, double ejection followed. By the time I got to her she was shrieking uncontrollably and trying to say something.

Got her calmed down and then I could understand her. She was saying "I want to go on the lift again." Over and over. Apparently she thought her crash would end her day. Brushed her off, said of course we could go again and she was fine after that.

Gotta love the kid stoke. Way to bring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.