Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whyoming, points West, summits TR

I meant to report back sooner, but well...

Anyway, so I was able make it out there without a problem

Amazing unfortunately My ride didn't work out so good So I was kind of stuck for a couple days.

I finally decide to thumb it and made it to the Town of Jackson where I tried to get on a bus. After that failed I was thumbing again and got picked up by some dudes who said they were going to glory. I hadn't heard of that but figured why not.
    This in when things got crazy. These guy hop out of the truck, at what turned out to be teton pass, and start gearing up so I'm like where are you going they showed me how to strap my skis to my back using a few bungees and were like lets go. We climb up the road embankment and start heading up the mountain.

I was freaking out but still kind of excited that is until after about 5 minutes and I thought my lungs were going to explode. I was like hey I can't go any further but they said just a little bit more. I should have known they were lying. After about a half hour of stop and go and are we there yet, I realize my "buddies" are no longer in front of me and I'm feeling pretty tired. I tried to go a little higher to see if they were waiting just ahead. With no sign of them and no energy left I really started to wonder how I was going to get out. I was sitting, resting when I look down the hill and see them coming up behind me. I was pretty pissed but they had water so that made me a little happy and they told me I just had to make the billboard and I'd be good. At this point I started feeling like if I could get out of this it would really be something. So, on I swept with threshing oar. One step at a time then 5, a little further, I puked. Was passed by many. I made it to the sign but was horrified to find out that wasn't the top. But ok not that much further.
    Finally the top!

I was beat but feeling pretty good about myself. while resting my buds made it up again and were like "Hey man, you just climbed mt. Glory. That really blew my mind. But already they were showing me the way down.

Shit! I'm going to die, no way can I ski That. The sun was starting to go down so i knew I had to get down. I went, and after falling, face planting, losing skis, tumbling, and generally getting fucking worked. I made it down in complete darkness. These guys were headed north and were staying in Driggs So what the hell you know me.

Grand Targhee
    These guy liked jumps. They were pretty good

We head up to Montana. I never heard of Bridger but these dudes said it was good and who am I to argue. Not another hike. This one wasn't nearly as though incredible.

More crazy deer.

Any body try it ? Easier or harder?

Big Sky was pretty exciting very scary on the top of the tram. The weather was pretty good but when we got to the top it was storming like hell. Like it may as well been fucking Everest. Holy shit. The first time I experienced anything like that at all.Wow. Pics don't really capture the feeling.

Those guys took off and I was stuck in Montana for a while but managed to score a ride with a local lady in exchange for and finally made it to Jackson Hole. I was running low on funds after not having much luck finding work. The lift price and having to drive two hours I only was able to ski two days it snowed alot and it was very hard to see, in fact Sometimes I couldn't even tell up from down. Very strange and scary. I would like to go back after I learn to ski a little better.

[img][/img]
    I feel blessed that I have run into some good people. I think they generally just want too see if I'm going to kill myself then they become afraid I will and will lend a helping hand. and if any of you are reading this, Yes I will try to get some better skis.

This whole trip was really what I needed. I'm doing things now that I would have never even thought of. I didn't know that this was skiing.
    One thing for sure I have to get into better shape. I gave up the cigs, which was alot easier then I thought it would be. I am going to start running or something too.

Thanks to all of you for listening(or reading) and for showing the way.

P.S.
    Quick update has the cunt not doing so well. some kind of problem with her pimp or some such. But it doesn't matter that was a different lifetime
    I'll defecate in a box if I have to.

Fucking. Sick. Thanks for sharing.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

TR of the decade. So epic. Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation, tedski!

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

you've got the spirit of skiing with you, Tedski
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

yea dude, keep the deer stoke cumin!
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Tedski View Post

Those guys took off and I was stuck in Montana for a while but managed to score a ride with a local lady in exchange for and finally made it to Jackson Hole.
    In exchange for what???
    It's got more paprika.

pure win

Was wondering the same thing..what was "exchanged" for that ride?

FKNA!!!!

Awesome, glad to see you're livin the life!!!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

This just made my Friday.

Come back soon Tedski!

Tedski ? Wow every time I forget your epicness you show up with another TR.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

im bummed the great tedski was in bozeman and i didnt even get to buy him a beer!

great TR Ted, keep it going.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

This TR makes me happy!!!

Tedski=greatest maggot ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Holy crap. "Crazy Deer" indeed.

Sheer genius.

Where are you Tedski?
    I still call it The Jake.

This guy is a legend. Very awesome threads, I think this thread is most appropriate to bump.

Tedski, where did you hole up for the summer?

Whyoming?

Because it's there.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Long time no word from Ted I wonder where he is now

Paging Tedski. Hopefully you're gearing up for a big season. Check in with us soon.

Holy crap...how did I miss this TR? BRILLIANT.

Inspired now to go kill it. First step? Hitch hiking to Loveland Pass.