Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What do you consider Jumbo?
    Your mom. Sorry, I have never met your mother but that was a softball.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What do you consider Jumbo?
    Anything over FNMA guidelines for an area https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/m...ook-table-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Are people using calculators that include total amount paid or just seeing a lower monthly payment and think they are saving money? Why would anyone go from a 30 yr to a new 30 if already several years into the original?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Are people using calculators that include total amount paid or just seeing a lower monthly payment and think they are saving money? Why would anyone go from a 30 yr to a new 30 if already several years into the original?
    This ... adding time doesn't make sense unless you're counting on the home to appreciate considerably?

Because many people's financial picture includes a lot more considerations than just their mortgage. Managing credit, investments, and taxes.

Adding to that - most people won't keep a mortgage through payoff (full 30 or 15, or early payoff). A 30-yr fixed at those cheap rates is a nice way to hold debt cheap.

Almost makes you want to take out a mortgage on paid-off property and invest the loan amount...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shopping for a mortgage

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Because many people's financial picture includes a lot more considerations than just their mortgage. Managing credit, investments, and taxes.
    Yup. With the difference in my monthly payment I'll divert the surplus money to paying off higher interest debt and eliminating at least one monthly payment in the next year or two. Once that is paid down, in theory I'll pay extra on the mortgage but who knows where my life will be by then, or if I'll even still be in this house.

I'm also eliminating PMI with my refi since my home has went up in value significantly since purchase 3 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Almost makes you want to take out a mortgage on paid-off property and invest the loan amount...
    Now yer talkin
    Decisions Decisions

Because the savings on payment might be such that if you continue making your current payment on the new loan, you can pay it off sooner than if you kept the current loan, while also giving you the flexibility to have a lower payment if you need it. At least that's my reason.

I already know that I'm not retiring in this home, I'll have to sell and move, so it's not a big deal to reset the term, even if I don't make overpayments to shorten the term.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My strategey was to go for the longest amortisation/ lowest payment I could find

and waited for mom to die
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Anyone got a recommendation for a broker in Utah? Listening to people here I feel like we were taken for a ride when we bought our first home. Would love to chat with someone recommended by a mag.
    His name is Justin Hudson. Longtime friend of mine.

Justinhudsonlending.com

He’s the guy that does what he says he’s gonna do when he says he gonna do it. Very solid reliable dude. You can apply on the website or call him directly. 801-603-2007

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. With the difference in my monthly payment I'll divert the surplus money to paying off higher interest debt and eliminating at least one monthly payment in the next year or two. Once that is paid down, in theory I'll pay extra on the mortgage but who knows where my life will be by then, or if I'll even still be in this house.

I'm also eliminating PMI with my refi since my home has went up in value significantly since purchase 3 yrs ago.
    This is why I’m doing a refi too. We plan to pay an extra $800/month to principal, so we’ll be paid off well before 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    This is why I’m doing a refi too. We plan to pay an extra $800/month to principal, so we’ll be paid off well before 30 years.
    Same. Just locked in and went to 30 year. We had 21 left anyways.

Dropped payment by $850 a month. We will bombard the principal with some of the extra $ and if the shit hits the fan and one of us losses our job we won’t be in dire straights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Yeah 'cause that never caused anybody any trouble before........

what are you talking about, the economy is great

WTF? Huge decline in the 10 Year t bond and early indicators for mortgages are higher rates. I have never seen anything like this in my 36 years in the business. Last Monday's Jumbo rates were 3%-3.125%. Now there 4%+. Lenders do not want new business at this time. Market volatility is scaring them all away and they are trying to protect their servicing from being completely refinanced. Un fucking real.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

It's almost like the system is rigged for people with money to make more money.

Shopping for a mortgage

I was wondering if that was a concern for lenders. Rates “bottom”, everyone refinances at low rates in a 2 week period, then what?
    Decisions Decisions

just let the free markets figure it out guys, this is america

just like my gas prices

Email sent to my guy. We just closed less than a year ago but the drop may be significant enough to do it all again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Email sent to my guy. We just closed less than a year ago but the drop may be significant enough to do it all again.

Closed in July at 3.75. 15 year may not be that much more money monthly though I’d lose the flexibility
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Closed in July at 3.75. 15 year may not be that much more money monthly though I’d lose the flexibility
    I'm slightly higher at 4.1 so this might pencil out. Let's let the pro do the work. He figured out my current situation when some others couldn't. I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It's almost like the system is rigged for people with money to make more money.
    What could possibly give you that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    just let the free markets figure it out guys, this is america

just like my gas prices
    And health insurance!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thinking I'm gonna let my 3.625% 30 yr ride for a bit. Best 30yr fixed I could find was 3.25%

Wouldnt be shocked if rates drop after this wave of refis close. My buddy says his shop locked 3.5 billion in refis last week. Shattered old record.

Conf call today was all about negative interest rates coming our way. If my rate was a little higher, I'd refi now and them again in a few months. Fingers crossed.