Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1276
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I hate doing condo loans, so I am not real up on them anymore
    timely bump

we are resigned to the fact that a condo is most likely in our future due to cost/location considerations that are mostly non-negotiable. What are the differences between getting a loan on a single family, duplex/multi, and a condo?

I will need to read this thread.
    Last edited by ghosthop; 11-19-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Condo loans are just more work for the originator and a slightly higher rate to the buyer with less than 25% down.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    OK I gotta refi my primary (only) with cashout. Who has the best rates for a 30 fixed?
    Last two refinances I did I found them through bankrate.com

You'll get smaller brokerages with less overhead that are a bit more cutthroat that way. They can be slower, but since you're not trying to close on a house that is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    OK I gotta refi my primary (only) with cashout. Who has the best rates for a 30 fixed?
    Check Bankrate, Quickenloans, and a local broker. "Best" can be subjective and can also depend on your property, location, credit, how much cash you want to take out, etc. But you'll probably be hovering around the 3% APR range these days.

We have an investment property with no current mortgage. Property is owned by LLC which is my wife and I as members (technically us as Trustees of a revocable trust). We are wanting to do a mortgage to get some cash to fix it up and rent it. We also will want some expenses to offset the income. We were just quoted a 3% rate for a fixed 15 year. Does that seem fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Check Bankrate, Quickenloans, and a local broker. "Best" can be subjective and can also depend on your property, location, credit, how much cash you want to take out, etc. But you'll probably be hovering around the 3% APR range these days.
    I refinanced in August with [mention]liv2ski [/mention] . He was by far the lowest, super helpful and fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    I refinanced in August with [mention]liv2ski [/mention] . He was by far the lowest, super helpful and fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is only licensed in certain states. Not in CO afaik.

Yup, only CA. Thanks for the kind words Nick.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Summit, I got a guy (well it's Cruiser's guy) that is awesome. His rates are usually competitive with the lowest internet rates and he's local. And I totally trust him to handle anything. I have another guy that I found through the internet that I've done a couple of refis with who had crazy good rates, and my (simple) loans went off without a hitch. Happy to share names if you want.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Summit checkout Lenderfi. I have used them three times.

https://app.lenderfi.com/partner/C8A...mpaign=organic

^^^Cool, I beat them, but only if your in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^Cool, I beat them, but only if your in CA.
    We need to put together a pool to pay for liv2ski's licensing in other states - it'll pay dividends for all of us

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Shopping for a mortgage

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    We need to put together a pool to pay for liv2ski's licensing in other states - it'll pay dividends for all of us

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Interested. How much does that run?

I just grabbed a HELOC @ 4.5%. Didn't draw anything down at closing but its nice to have access to additional capital if the right opportunity comes up.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I just grabbed a HELOC @ 4.5%. Didn't draw anything down at closing but its nice to have access to additional capital if the right opportunity comes up.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Was that an intro rate?

I thought they could be had at something like Prime + .50%. Fifth Third Bank has some good Heloc deals for prime borrowers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Interested. How much does that run?
    The PITA is taking a Broker License test in every state. I am just to lazy to bone up to take the test again. Sorry guys.

Bumping this up with a mortgage question. We closed on our house last January and used a friend to get our mortgage. Her company then immediately sold our mortgage. No big deal, but we just saw our next month’s charge and it went up $600. Apparently they didn’t get the right escrow withholding from the first company, and claim we under payed them $4k last year towards escrow. Our online account shows our balance as -$1300 FWIW.

I feel like this is a major fuck up by one or both companies, and don’t think it’s reasonable to just expect us to be ok paying $600 a month more than we signed for.

Any mortgage pros have any thoughts? Do they have some sort of obligation to notify us of this at some point? Do we have recourse?

Right now our plan is to just refi with someone else, but we are probably still on the hook for that $4k, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Bumping this up with a mortgage question. We closed on our house last January and used a friend to get our mortgage. Her company then immediately sold our mortgage. No big deal, but we just saw our next month’s charge and it went up $600. Apparently they didn’t get the right escrow withholding from the first company, and claim we under payed them $4k last year towards escrow. Our online account shows our balance as -$1300 FWIW.

I feel like this is a major fuck up by one or both companies, and don’t think it’s reasonable to just expect us to be ok paying $600 a month more than we signed for.

Any mortgage pros have any thoughts? Do they have some sort of obligation to notify us of this at some point? Do we have recourse?

Right now our plan is to just refi with someone else, but we are probably still on the hook for that $4k, right?
    You know the insurance amount, you know the tax amount, you get the monthly statements and have the closing docs. Plus, they are required to send (annually I think) an escrow evaluation. But even if they never sent that eval, look at the docs that should be in your possession. Did you underpay? I feel like nobody can answer what you will or won't have to do until you can answer whether you have given them enough money to pay the taxes and insurance.

FWIW, the very definition of escrow means that even if you "must" pay them whatever, if it's more than what they need to pay the existing liabilities, you will get it all back when you refinance.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How much did your property taxes go up this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You know the insurance amount, you know the tax amount, you get the monthly statements and have the closing docs. Plus, they are required to send (annually I think) an escrow evaluation..
    Yeah, getting all that together now to go through. They definitely never sent us an escrow accounting, but we can probably piece it together.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    How much did your property taxes go up this year?
    $200 for the year, so that’s definitely not that

You should have received an escrow statement shortly after the loan sold.

What has paid out since then?

How much per month have to paid in?

Simple calculations to prove if they fucked up. Mine sold 2x, the first time was just after my 1st payment. They set my escrow too low but I paid the correct amount, about 3 months later I got an escrow statement and they tried to hit me with the catch up charges. Took a few rounds with customer service to get them to realize my "overpayments" corresponded exactly to the escrow short. That company had wildly fluctuating escrow amounts for about 4 years, someone was obviously bad at math in their end.

Loan sold again last summer, IIRC escrow calc was initially OK, but they kept tagging the disbursement to the wrong people. I paid my homeowners out of pocket and started the refi process. By the time they figured out who was supposed to be paid what I had closed my refi, Soni got a pretty fat check back.

No escrow now. Pretty easy to transfer the funds to a savings account each month so that taxes are covered in spring/fall and homeowners gets paid.

Shopping for a mortgage

Your mortgage company lets you self pay that stuff?

Clearly we needed to be more diligent about this, but it’s our third house and never had any issues with this in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Your mortgage company lets you self pay that stuff?
    Yep. Flat out told the credit union I would not be paying escrow so if that would be a condition of the loan I'd go somewhere else, they seemed fine with it.

Pretty sure there is some criteria (credit rating) and a clause in the mortgage that allows them to pay taxes/fees, to protect their interest in the property, and tack them onto the mortgage.

Huh. Interesting.