Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Any recs on who I should talk to in NY?

Anyone have a guy in OR? Looking to refi, and my current mortgage carrier (USBank) is making it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Perhaps I should be talking to you instead of my current guy?!!?
    Only if you're in California and ready to start your application Pronto as I leave for Europe in 30 days

Trying to lock in a 3.375 on a ~$365k refi in CO. Anyone else in the front range seeing better? Wife (800+) and I (~760) both have strong credit.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Trying to lock in a 3.375 on a ~$365k refi in CO. Anyone else in the front range seeing better? Wife (800+) and I (~760) both have strong credit.
    Did you check on Zillow?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    <snip> I leave for Europe in 30 days
    Hope springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hope springs eternal.
    No s***, glad I have trip insurance

Did you check on Zillow?
    Yeah I did - 3.375 was as good as I saw. Wanted to put a feeler out and see if anyone had the line on something better. I guess another 1/8 of a point isn't going to be material though.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I need to do this... currently at 4.0 with a 10/1.

I really hate this process though. No offense to the mags that are in this business, but it’s worse than going to a used car lot... the big banks are terrible to deal with, the local lenders seem to just slap a percentage on-top of a loan from elsewhere, the online mortgage companies just sell your contact info to all the lenders in a 100 mile radius....
    Where are you located? I have never found this process anywhere close to used cars. First, always get referrals, that cuts down on the unscrupulous guys. Second, check with a credit union if you have one. Third, use zillow as has been recommended (and read the reviews to make sure your selection is reputable).

On zillow, I saw 3.25. Cruiser on here turned me on to a guy that is usually slightly better than zillow. So yeah, you can probably do better but not much better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We just refinanced and got 3.375 under similar circumstances. Knocked $350 off our monthly payment so that was nice.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to refi a portfolio loan on another home. Any ideas? Property type basically requires a portfolio loan due to the building having a large percentage of retail. Loan is a 4.25% currently but is a 7/1. Would like to lock it in on a 30 but that isn’t always an option with portfolios.

I'm just a tick over 550 because I missed a couple payments on the Bentley and a chick I met on Ashley Madison rang some stuff up at Nieman Marcus. Any idea what my rate would be on a 30yr?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm just a tick over 550 because I missed a couple payments on the Bentley and a chick I met on Ashley Madison rang some stuff up at Nieman Marcus. Any idea what my rate would be on a 30yr?
    Wait, a different Ashlee?
    I still call it The Jake.

Not exactly. Her name was Svetlana. She had me dress up like a Tsar, then she donned a Bolshevik outfit and would attempt to "revolutionize" me. Our safe word was 'perestroika,' which I learned if mispronounced, sounded like another Russian word which meant "hit me harder."

I haven't met Bobby's Ashlee. Yet.

we're getting told 2.8% on a 15 by detrusor's guy - seems like an honest and straightforward broker, does that sound about right for today's rates to everyone else? 300k in slc

Hard to predict I know, but any sense among the mortgage guys as to whether rates may go down even further given the virus turmoil?
    I’m at 4.75 and def looking to refi.

Only if you're in California and ready to start your application Pronto as I leave for Europe in 30 days
    PM incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's a super jumbo if that helps.

Thanks to the mags that reached out to me today. I have one spot left that I am saving for a $400k+ loan amount on a SFR if anyone else needs a smokin rate and fee quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    we're getting told 2.8% on a 15 by detrusor's guy - seems like an honest and straightforward broker, does that sound about right for today's rates to everyone else? 300k in slc
    Locked in a SFR with a $650k value, $400k loan amount, 780 credit scores at 2.50% (15 years) with a $2k credit towards his $2,300 in nonrecurring costs. Boy, some of these lenders are making bank off the public.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I refi'd to 3.6 a few years ago and figured that was about as good as I could ever do and I'd never worry about it again. I don't want to restart the amortization clock, but things are getting low enough to make me think about it. 3.6->3.2 only saves about $40/mo, but if they went under 3.0 I might have to do it. It's crazy to think that 8-10% was normal not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I refi'd to 3.6 a few years ago and figured that was about as good as I could ever do and I'd never worry about it again. I don't want to restart the amortization clock, but things are getting low enough to make me think about it. 3.6->3.2 only saves about $40/mo, but if they went under 3.0 I might have to do it. It's crazy to think that 8-10% was normal not too long ago.
    Similar situation here. Went from a 30-year at 4.0% to a 20-year at 3.125% after about 3 years of owning the place. I thought that would be the end of that but dropping to a 15-year below 3% after only a couple of years would mean unchanged payments and shortening the clock by 3 years. Tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Similar situation here. Went from a 30-year at 4.0% to a 20-year at 3.125% after about 3 years of owning the place. I thought that would be the end of that but dropping to a 15-year below 3% after only a couple of years would mean unchanged payments and shortening the clock by 3 years. Tempting...

Make sure you’re getting a 60 day rate lock included. Everyone is going to be jammed and unlikely able to make a normal 30 day work with the spike in volume

A 60 day lock does cost .50% more in fees than a 30 day lock normally. On a $350,000 loan amount that is $1,750 more If the guy tells you he will get it done, then the lock extension cost is on him or at least that is how I handle it.