advres Guest

Should I give good feedback? Ebay stylie

I "won" some Velocity Deep V's on Ebay on 3/20. I get the wheelset on 3/24 (won on Friday, received on Tuesday). I thought everything was kosher at first until I pulled them out of the box and they were machined for a braking surface which I did/do not want or bought.

So I got a quick RMA from the company after explaining my situation which was nice but didn't receive new wheels in return. I got the RMA on 3/24 and shipped 3/25. The wheelset got delivered on 3/30. So I wait another week and no wheels show up. I contact them via e-mail on 4/7 and this is what I got 2 days later on 4/9....

I checked your RMA and it said it was shipped, but our tracking info never activated for it. I'm wondering if there wasn't some glitch and the wheels actually never made it out. I did some hunting to see what happened but couldn't figure it out. I'm having another wheelset shipped out today through fedex. The tracking number is ###############. Let me know if you have any other questions. Sorry again for the trouble/
    So I finally got a new set shipped out and am receiving them today (as long as fedex doesn't fuck up).

So my question is... should I give them negative feedback for the 2 weeks I returned the wheels and didn't hear anything back? I got a great deal and they are making good even though it is a few weeks late. They are a brick and mortar that gives great deals on eBay so I respect their price and service, but the botched replacement has me upset. I am a forgiving guy and it's not like I NEEDED the wheelset but it has been awesome weather the last couple of weeks and I am upset about not having the wheels I paid for and was waiting for.

PS - They haven't reimbursed the shipping of the returned wheelset yet either, which they promised to do.

WWMD?

I think it takes a royal fuckup to warrant negative, but that's just me. It seems like these guys are trying. No feedback or neutral at the worst, but not negative.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I think it takes a royal fuckup to warrant negative, but that's just me. It seems like these guys are trying. No feedback or neutral at the worst, but not negative.
    +1. Work with em. Give them the chance to refund shippiing.
    Negative is for dirtbags. Sounds like they try.
    My four pesos.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

give 'em positive. they worked with you, communicated, admitted their mistake instead of claiming that you didn't send them.

advres Guest
    OK... I was thinking of positive but would a comment explaining my problems and ultimately my good outcome be appropriate? What would be good to write given the circumstances and the short letter count available? I want people to know they can trust this seller but I would hate to hold back this info if they are looking for their item ASAP.

PS - I have a 100% positive feedback from the ~30 transactions I have made via eBay over many years and would hate to tarnish it over something so stupid as a botched return/replacement.

I have left positive feedback that said something like "... but shipping was a bit slow." Negative feedback should be reserved for truly shitty transactions but that doesn't mean you have to play Mr Nice Guy if you're not happy. Ask for a refund of your shipping costs.

you could use the detailed seller ratings thing to give them bad marks on that part of it, or mediocre or something, and then still leave positive w/ a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    PS - I have a 100% positive feedback from the ~30 transactions I have made via eBay over many years and would hate to tarnish it over something so stupid as a botched return/replacement.
    Can sellers leave negative feedback? I thought the policy had been changed so that they couldn't?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

advres Guest
    MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

I just got back from Staples shipping the new wheelset back AGAIN!!

Notice the circled part of the packing slip. I'll give you two guesses what was wrong with the wheelset.

To add to the dilemma, they don't have the wheelset that I originally bought. Due to their error, now they have to give me an alternative color.

Now, my return shipping, twice, has negated the savings I was getting for buying them via eBay in the first place. Sure, I am getting that refunded, but I would have rather paid the extra $50 up front and had the wheels that I bought when I paid for them on 3/20. Now I am getting them a month late and not the color I chose. Motherfucker I am pissed.

Fuck it, I need to ride off some of this aggression.

After they fucked up twice, I'd ask for some sort of compensation in addition to the money they still need to reimburse you for shipping. If they're not willing to do that then a negative might be warranted.

Screwing up once is understandable, but to screw up a second time, especially with the instructions written in bold on the packing slip is inexcusable.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.