WTB:Car Camping Tent

I need advice on a car camping tent for me+wife+2 young kids+dog. I tried the search function but came up with a lot of minimalist backpacking and 4 season recommendations. I'm looking for a 6 man+, 3 season tent, something that can handle wind and rain well. I'm looking at the Eureka Copper Canyons, Tetragons, N!Ergy; REI Hobitats, Alps Mountianeering stuff, high end Colemans but there's so many options that it makes your head spin. I'd like to keep it in the low $200 range for something brand new but willing to pay a couple bucks more for durability....

Beyond that if anyone has a tent that fits this discription that's in good shape that they'd like to let go of I'm in the market. Thanks!

It might be overkill, but we've been using the Northface Trailhead 8 for the past two seasons with our three (and now 4) kids. Three huge "rooms" and stand-up height can be good on a rainy "inside" day. The vestibule is big and the floor comes up to form a "tub" so you don't have to worry about seams. it packs reasobnably small for a tent this large and the carry bag is actually big enough to fit everything back in it without a battle.

The only downsize of a tent like this is that at some campgrounds, it can be hard to find a good 10x14 foot spot to lay it down. We bought ours at REI on sale. It wasn't cheap, but it's a critical piece of gear that we'll use for a long time.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Second on the Trailhead - check out the REI garage sales as good number of larger tents tend to get returned. Last sale they had a trailhead that was missing a pole for $100. I passed on that after finidng a Mountain H/W 6-man (can't remeber name) w/ ground cover for $160 new w/ warranty.

What's your location? If you're anywhere close to Reno, you can have my ex's 8 person... Target special, but it works. $Beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

I would really dig that TNF tent but it is definitely spendy. And if I was near Reno I would be all over the free one GGH, beers on ice always! Thanks for the responses. I'm really interested in the REI Hobitat 6, they have last years at almost $100 off, add the $100 gift card we can get for points on the CC and its a $300 tent for 100. Anyone have any experience with it, positive or negative...

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/781031