Motorized all-terrain skateboard

Motorized all-terrain skateboard

This Australian company called Scarpar is working on a motorized all-terrain skateboard. It runs in dirt, sand and snow. The two trucks have tank treads/conveyor belts instead of wheels.

Check out the video. If you jump to 1:30 he goes over a log.
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5204650/scarpar...the-hoverboard

Its about time someone put a motor on the least efficient means of wheeled transportation.

BADASS!!

looks like two belt sanders with a plank across it.

you know why skateboards are cool? Because they're light so you can ollie them up curbs and do fancy little little flip-kicky things to impress the ladies. Motor+skateboard=retarded as FUCK

i want one, it looks pretty fun
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    you know why skateboards are cool? Because they're light so you can ollie them up curbs and do fancy little little flip-kicky things to impress the ladies. Motor+skateboard=retarded as FUCK
    you're an idiot, and you have no clue about skateboarding.

Could this spell death for the Ferrari of migetized personal transportation.....

The Segway?

Um I don't ride a skateboard cause it's efficient nor because I can impress the ladies by kick flipping (I can't even with a sausage in my pants). If I want efficiency, I hop on my road bike or take a bus. If I want to impress the chicas, well I just fail.

I ride my longboard (see no kickflips, limited ollies) cause its mad fun and sort of replicates what I feel skiing, but in the middle of summer. Sure I may hit higher speeds on other vehicles, but damn it feels faster, hence more fun.

This thing looks like a lot of fun, ok yeah he got over a log, BFD. How long did it take? How easy would that log be to bunny hop on a mountain bike (about as easy as ___insert whatever TGR poster butt hurt you last__'s mom)? Who the fuck cares, it looks fun.

If I had a greater spare time to expendable cash ratio, I'd definitely get one. Right now I think I'll pass, cause it looks spendy, but certainly a very cool product indeed. You just can't look at it as a solution to all of earth's problems.

[/end rant]

Looks like a lot of shit to break too, I'd give them a few years..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

You dumb fucks will be crying when i get rich off of my latest creation...

The motorized unicycle.

I am working on a 50cc prototype, but seriously hope to develop a 'motard' 700cc version, along with a trials model.
    I am looking for VC capital...anyone in?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident