Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach Looney View Post
    To the limit of my ability, I measure 34 9/16" from the tail to the line, tape measure taut, not flat along the ski. Don't take as gospel and mess up your skis.

I mounted at the recommended -6 and couldn't be happier. Such a great ski.
    thanks! just to be clear, that's 34 9/16" (878mm) from the tail to the -6 line? or to the center line?

^To the -6 line.

Bumping this older thread because it seems the most relevant to my question...

I've been on the '10-'11 Bibby, with Dukes, mounted on the line (-6). I love this ski except for one issue. If I try to throw a big slash in soft snow, the tips dive and I get thrown over the handlebars. This happens if I'm going straight with speed. If I'm linking turns, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Maybe this is because I'm a bigger guy (200 lbs) and I'm overpowering the tips? I've tried changing my technique to compensate for the more center mounted ski. Maybe I suck at skiing, but I haven't experienced this with any other ski. I'm thinking of bumping the mount back another cm.

Anybody have a similar experience? Would moving the mount back help?
    "Not so loud, huh kid? I was up all night doing a crossword puzzle."

Quote Originally Posted by newt22 View Post
    thanks! just to be clear, that's 34 9/16" (878mm) from the tail to the -6 line? or to the center line?
    Weird. 878mm from the tail would technically be 7.2cm back from true center... not 6cm back from true center.

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Weird. 878mm from the tail would technically be 7.2cm back from true center... not 6cm back from true center.
    On the 190, topsheet tip-to-tail straight measure comes out to 188cm (190 is the overall material length... also the same length if you measure flat tip-to-tail along the bases). So 878mm from the tail would be roughly -6cm from center.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    On the 190, topsheet tip-to-tail straight measure comes out to 188cm (190 is the overall material length... also the same length if you measure flat tip-to-tail along the bases). So 878mm from the tail would be roughly -6cm from center.
    perfect. my pair of 190's are on their way from moment as we speak. will be here tomorrow so i havent gotten to measure them up yet.

i'm a pretty light guy. 160lbs. 5'11". Always prefer a longer ski. That's why I got the 190.

Will mostly be using this ski as my everyday Snowbird ski. I always mount my skis a bit forward from recommended. Find the S7 skis better at +3cm from recommended. JJ's (although too short) ski better at +2cm from recommended. I guess I just have a more forward/centered stance.

Also will be jumping/flipping/spinning this ski a bit, with some switch pow landings.

Debating -6, -5, and -4 cm from true center.

Sounds like both KC and BIB have theirs at -6 cm.. they ski similar to the way I do (albeit better than me as well). They also have multiple pairs of fat skis to jump on... wondering if I should maybe go -5cm... can't decide. Guess I will stand on them a bunch after they arrive tomorrow and see what looks right.

Should be okay at -5cm, especially at your weight. Before selling the 190 to make room for the new 86, I had mine at -5.5 and I have 15# on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    I emailed moment, but I haven't heard back yet.
    Mounted my Bibby's 1.5 back from the line last season and like them ok there but I kinda wanna move them up to -5. Only problem is, my topsheets are off by at least 1.5 cm. I never checked and have an uneven mount, which I'm tired of looking at (another reason I want to move them).
    Anyone know how to find the line (measuring from tip or tail) so I can figure out where the line is supposed to be?
    To the limit of my ability, I measure 34 9/16" from the tail to the line, tape measure taut, not flat along the ski. Don't take as gospel and mess up your skis.

I mounted at the recommended -6 and couldn't be happier. Such a great ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by newt22 View Post
    ^To the -6 line.
    Thanks all, this is the information I was searching for.

I picked up some used 190's I used the previous mount. But I don't know what it is as there are no markings left. Could someone tell me what the rec is from the tail? Ie what is -5 and -7 from the tail?

Thanks

They should straight pull 188cm tip to tail.

Recommended "0" line is -6 from cord center.

That 0 line is 88 cm straight pull from tail.

I highly recommend that mount point for all round goodness and a well balanced ski. Unless you ski switch and get all spinny, jibby, crazy out the assneck...then go forward.

Awesome thanks. I will take a look at where they are. First day on them today