Front Rangers... WTT MTB for Road bike

I'm looking to trade one of my MTB's for a road bike. I've got a 2000 Diamondback X-2. Decent condition, no drops taken on it. MTB Review info here

It's a nice entry/mid-level or extra bike. Originally retailed for $1,200.

I'm looking for a comparable road bike. I don't want to deal with shipping it, so I'm hoping a Front Ranger wants to make a trade.

Whatchu got??

Picture:

i'm interested. what size? i need a big bike for my big bottom.

49.5cm - I don't remember if that's medium or large.
    I'm 5'9, 175lbs.

You're welcome to come give it a try. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you an address.

I have an older (97ish) Trek rodie that is out of tune that I never ride back in Topeka if you are interested. I believe its a 48 or 49cm frame. OCLV carbon main tubes and red aluminum joints. I could grab some photos of it tomorrow if you are interested. FYI, I'm set on the mountain bike situation, so if you wanted to trade for something else that could work too.

...and I REALLY need to get out to CO, so I could deliver if you are interested. I'll def. be in Denver in Oct. for a wedding.

Originally posted by jibij
    49.5cm - I don't remember if that's medium or large.
    I'm 5'9, 175lbs.
    Methinks too small. Even if I squashed myself onto your mtb, you wouldn't have much fun on the 61 cm road bike.

HughJass - Yea... 61's probably a bit big for me.

Theo - Thanks for the offer, but the wife will have my nuts on display, in the living room, if I bring home another bike without getting rid of one first.

Originally posted by jibij
    Theo - Thanks for the offer, but the wife will have my nuts on display, in the living room, if I bring home another bike without getting rid of one first.
    Well, keep it in mind. I've had the thing for about 5 years now and have maybe put 100 miles on it. I just want it to get used. If you can find somewhere else for the mtn bike lemme know. I would let this thing go for VERY cheap.

I have an older (97ish) Trek rodie that is out of tune that I never ride back in Topeka if you are interested. I believe its a 48 or 49cm frame. OCLV carbon main tubes and red aluminum joints. I could grab some photos of it tomorrow if you are interested. FYI, I'm set on the mountain bike situation, so if you wanted to trade for something else that could work too.

If it really is a 48 or 49 cm frame on a road thats way too small for someone that rides a 49.5 cm mtn frame. If jibij is 5'9" i suspect around a 55cm would do him well

One last bump. Nobody in CO with a roadie collecting dust??

B-

I might have the perfect setup for you -- might also be willing to sell it. Shoot me a PM if interested...

Another option: if you can hold out until the 3rd week of October, you should hit up VeloSwap.

You could probably sell that Diamond Back and convert the resulting cash into a suitable road setup within the hour. It's a big show; lots to choose from.