Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1903
    FAAAAKKKKKKKK

werth has been a monster
    funny the manny experiment is over, be a new team next year, yet the same old team.
    get us a fucking arm Coletti

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    I think it's R. Ho (for a very solid series plus the Rox series), Werth a solid #2.
    yep.

In the nearly 40 years I've been cheering (and booing) for the Phils, I never believed I would see them in back-to-back World Series.

Thumbs up

I really can't believe they are back in the Series. I thought they could do it from day 1 of the season, but didn't think it would actually happen.

I'm flying home for the world series.

Okay 45hill, I owe you a pitcher a beer, Mammoth or SLT redeemable.

Last year it was easy cheering for the Phillies, Dodgers just weren't good enough of a team. This year it hurts bad ... But fuck it, screw the AL!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sorry for your loss. I'll trade out the pitcher for you carrying my board up Dana for a bc trip.

Who do you think I am, jimw? I'll buy the damn pitcher, or even lobster taquitos, but I ain't carrying your board!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Am I too late to break the Steve Phillips affair/suspension story? Phillips is off ESPN for now, following the revelation of his affair with a production staffer. Phillips is married, with kids, but it gets so much worse- check out the piece of ass that's going to cost him his job and marriage.
    Christ, that's horrible. Even Dan O'Dowd could do better! I did like the line in her letter to the wife, though - "I'm not just some random girl he has sex with in parking lots." Really? I wonder what those girls look like?

Apropos of nothing. . .

"Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Back to the series...there's really nothing to add. It's something I never thought I would see as a Phillies fan. Flyers maybe...but not the phillies...I love it.
    Loved their whole attitude last night and their whole approach to this series. They were so steady from game 1 with no let up in the line-up. It was awesome to watch.
    In other news many here in philly suspect that Hamels' elbow is still not night. His velocity is down and he doesn't have any motion on his changeup. If that's the case then is it worth trotting him out there in the world series....

whatever-- that's for another time- GO PHILS!

Am I too late to break the Steve Phillips affair/suspension story? Phillips is off ESPN for now, following the revelation of his affair with a production staffer. Phillips is married, with kids, but it gets so much worse- check out the piece of ass that's going to cost him his job and marriage.
    D&C have been hammering on this story for the past two days - its provided me minutes, nay, 1 whole hour of amusement on my morning drive from the CT farmland to WeeHaa (aka West Hartford).

this one gave me douche chills, awful phils hip hop song

drunk fan in news shot of appropriate subject matter
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    "I'm not just some random girl he has sex with in parking lots."
    Wow, what a romantic fellow. You'd think he could afford a few hours in a Super 8.

Actually, I always thought parking lots were for gay dudes.

Oh, and, welcome to the Evil Empire, Phillies fans. You'll be a few down before the hangover clears.

win your series first Benny.
    and if it does end up Yanks Phils its gonna be a HR derby with those 2 lineups in those 2 parks.

Benny, Benny, Benny... we're not the team that is buldozing THE CATHEDRAL of baseball and moving gravestones and monuments...that's fucking with the ghosts of the game.

We'll see. 16-4 in the last twenty post season games- defending world champions- four players with 30 homers...hammered CC last year when he was a brewer...

oh and ya'll aint past the angels yet.
    3-1 isn't 4-1.

BSS Guest
    Well, I was pulling for the Dodgers but it definitely wasn't their year. Although I think they did set a new club record for HR's given up in the postseason. The Phillies are just so solid. And MAN, Cliff Lee? That guy is just awesome. He's one of my new favorite pitchers right up there with Verlander and Papelbon. He's just so good.

It'd be nice to see Philly slap the Yanks around like stepchildren (and I hope they do,) but unfortunately the umpires have just kinda ruined it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Benny, Benny, Benny... we're not the team that is buldozing THE CATHEDRAL of baseball and moving gravestones and monuments...that's fucking with the ghosts of the game.
    Yeah, well, I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday.

I'm a Yankee fan and looking forward to getting away from the AL umps.
    What a fucking joke....not like it would have mattered though.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^^^ Don't be disappointed when you're stuck with the NL umps. They're not much better!

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post

We'll see. 16-4 in the last twenty post season games- defending world champions- four players with 30 homers...hammered CC last year when he was a brewer...
    I think CC was ineffective last year in the post season because he was used so damn heavily by the Brewers. He pitched 4 games in a row on 3 days rest when he was beaten by the Phillies.

Assuming the Yankees win the ALCS, CC vs the Phillies LH hitters is going to be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    ^^^ Don't be disappointed when you're stuck with the NL umps. They're not much better!
    I thought they were the same since 2000? I thought there was no such thing as an Nl or AL ump anymore. Do they just blend the two during the season and then NL and AL umps do their own series?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, well, I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday.
    Were you watching a Red Sox vs Yankees game?

Just channeling a little W.C. Fields.

We'd boo him.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I thought they were the same since 2000? I thought there was no such thing as an Nl or AL ump anymore.
    You are correct.