Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Looks like Maria will be coming up to Lander next. She may get a little Yellowstone action.

Quote Originally Posted by yonskion View Post
    damn that chick gets around....
    Is that why she smells like fish? BWAHAHA!
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Maria, she is in my possession!!!

Holy crap, guys! I am trying to find a place on this tube for another sticker... we might have to start overlapping a little...
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Looking forward to some TRs!

And my vote is to just start overlapping those stickers. At some point, that tube will be a like a little archeological dig. Peel away a sticker and see what's beneath it!

Just start covering them up. Eventually it will get back around for a fresh coat.

I will only slap on two (that I got especially for the tube). One is smaller but one is a bumper sticker from my local shop with a good saying, so I will trim it down to minimize overlap.

Alright....sorry to be such a JongAss, but can someone give me the history of Maria? I tried finding how the traveling rod all came to fruition, but couldn't find any info.

So...can someone school me on these questions:
    1)Where did Maria come from (who provided the rod)?
    2)Did this all stem from the "traveling bros"?
    3)Where will Maria end up or is she always on the prowl?

The whole concept is cool as hell...I just want a little history lesson before I use her hard and wet.

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151564"]I have an idea... - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Alrighty then...great idea from a buddy in Wyo and big props HFB and his father for getting this rod rollin'. I am lookin' forward to rippin' some lip soon with that sexy little thang who calls herself Maria!

72, If you get to the shop bring Maria in!
    I want to check this fine lady out!

And after it has made its rounds I would like to get ahold of her. Maybe get a day in Fremont Canyon, and see if we can get a famous N. Platte Pig on it.

How is she holding up by the way? Hopefully well. I was a little reluctant on putting recoil guides on her, but I'm guessing they're working just fine. I just didn't have a lot of experience with them over time.

She is holding up great. The cork looks good and worn in and the rod looks almost new.

Well guys... I gave it an honest effort both Saturday and Sunday but only caught one small rainbow with Maria. I didn't even take a picture of the fish. Saturday I was in Casper and we hit Gray Reef right below the dam. Temperature was 9 degrees. On Sunday was back in Laramie and fished a lake for a while. Weather was tough both days and the magic just didn't happen. I will get Maria in the mail towards Lander (Wysplitride) today.

I loved Maria though. I really like the way she feels and casts. VERY nice rod IMHO. I'd love to get my hands on her again in someday down the road.

I threw everything from streamers to SJW's, scuds and nymphs in the Platte. Fish just were not interested. I didn't see any other fisherman doing anything either. Sunday I just threw my trusty woolly bugger in the lake. Not even a strike.

Maria is holding up well! She is in great shape.

LikeS - Sorry I didn't make it into the Ugly Bug this trip. I am up there quite a bit; we should get out sometime! Maria is on her way to Lander next but perhaps you can get her and treat her right on the Platte - better than I was able to anyway.

Here are some pictures from my weekend, just no fish.

Maria and Andra

Day two (Sunday) in Laramie Valley:

Shit, it looks cold down there!

Yeah, it was cold. This new car I got has heated seats (first time I have ever had heated seats). I have to admit, taking a warm up break from lake fishing and sitting on heated seats with the dash heater blasting my gloves was NICE.

Fuck that. That is skiing weather not fishing weather. You are more core than I.

I think Maria needs a warm weather vacation some day soon. When is round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Fuck that. That is skiing weather not fishing weather. You are more core than I.
    I am kinda starting to agree with that... I can probably get a few more weekends in here, then everything will be ice. I will still run up to the tailwaters a few times this winter, but I am ready for skiing...

Anybody know what the schedule looks like now? I don't think we went much past this time of year. Has everyone had a turn? I could give her another go around any time now through November for fall steelhead. Step up and let us know if you haven't got your hands on her yet.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'm hoping for a few more fishing days before going into ski mode if she makes it over UT. way. Like i posted before. i'd be happy to take her down to south to let her tangle with some mexican big mouths the first week in Nov.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i'd be happy to take her down to south to let her tangle with some mexican big mouths the first week in Nov.
    I vote that this happens.

I'd love to see Maria go international.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Looks like Maria will be in Lander soon. Plan is to meet up with Schwerty next weekend in Yellowstone (boards will be loaded too just in case fishing gets shut out).

Who wants her next? PM me...going south sounds like it needs to happen. I already scored my [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170900"]first powder turns this weekend[/ame]. Legit. Winter is on.

She departs for Lander tomorrow (PO was closed today).

Did Maria ever make it up to AK?, I was on the list, but I think got bumped. (no big deal, more curious than anything). This thread/idea has been fun to read.

I also vote for frequent flyer miles with SFB.

Who else didn't get a cast? Anyway to go from Mex to AK, that would be a cool leg?

After Wyslitride, there is one more chance for a Wyoming mag - LukeS in Casper (I'd love to see him get some North Platte hogs with Maria, a feat that escaped me in my one day attempt). Did Adipose get a shot out of Riverton?

Then on to AK perhaps? Or to meh-hee-ko?