Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    best. day. ever.

Damn, and I thought we had it good in CO.

Sick. And not all in the good way. I now feel sick. Very very sick. We get some good snow in Europe, I love the feel of it on a deep day, brushing past your knees or maybe your thighs, but your fucking shoulders?!? C'mon. That is un-fucking-real...
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

damn it must if been awesome if it beat the" best day ever" the past monday then "the best day ever" on wednesday!
    keep it coming, this cycle rules.

at the bird yesterday i skied up to a little kid (maybe 8 or 9 yrs old) who looked like he fell as i could only see his helmet. as i got closer i realized he hadn't fallen, he was standing up .
    sick day!

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Bottomless doesn't describe it, more like infinite. 150" 2%. Its there, but its not there. It was like some incredible substance invented by a mad scientist, except it came from God.

Looks like fun!
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Yesterday was unreal. I didn't bother taking out the pov yesterday. It would have been pointless. To give a perspective of how much snow there was, this was taken 3/23, the start of the storm cycle.

I need to move there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Well ya'll can just fuck your fine selves with your goddam Wasach powder. Some of us have to keep trying to have fun in Colorado you know!

oh hellll yeah keenus. sicks shots. looks like a whole lot of fun
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

i have to go change my underwear.

Thumbs up

Freaking nice TR - made me so happy to read.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

2% is like winning the super bowl. Borderline vapor.

Snowbird was sick yesterday. Caught first tram up. Opened up Gad2, Opened up Little Cloud. Sick day.
    here's a few pics.

sigless.

I got first tram yesterday at snowbird and oh my god it was the best run of my life! Tried to get into upper cirque my first run, but the snow was just too deep. I got stuck in a wall of snow and had to go for mid cirque instead. I am about 5' 9" and 155 lbs and I was riding a 174 cm snowboard. Even so, I was up to my waist or more the entire way down mid-cirque. Then I cut into tower 3 and made my way under the peruvian chair. Waist to armpit deep and over the head! I then got two upper cirques and to my luck got the first tram for the opening of mineral basin.

Same goodness there, but no long line even after the usual first 3 runs. Did six laps there with the blessing of no tunnel opening till the fourth lap! The rest of the day was filled with over the head and waist deep or more upper cirques. Really my best day ever.

To give all a perspective, I was able to launch waves of snow in my face so thick that it felt like I had fallen face first into powder! What was even more amazing was the lack of crowds on such a Saturday.

Hit the road from Truckee Thursday night wit Dr Pow just in time to roll up little cottonwood 10 min after it opened on Friday morn, got some of what were our best turns of the season on Friday and Saturday - Holy Shit that was incredible. First run off the tram will be etched into my memory for many years, soo much snow billowing over head, so many woo hooos. Love IT
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Brent, I enjoy living through you. Keep it up!

That looks pretty frickin nice.

FML.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OMGad ... thanks for that stoke ... what a cycle! Reaching for sik bag ...

What band was that in the POV? Sweet music on an amazing day ... Ullr is God, God is Ullr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    E sidestepped up and prepared to drop and someone with a megaphone at the Buckhorn picked the perfect time to declare "Dropping in 5-4-3-2-1." E obliged and gave 'er a go.

Horns went off, the crowd below erupted. Everybody who watched has seen Julian Carr go twice as big, but seeing it in person, and watching it after having experienced such a glorious day, it was cause for even more hootin' and hollerin' and screamin'.
    I was standing on top of Flagstaff trying to decide which line I could ski without drowning when I heard the megaphone. Couldn't see you guys down by the cliffs but I stuck around and listened to the madness and felt like I was watching, the crowd was so loud!! Proud work on the drops, I went and checked out the bombholes today and it looks like there was some speed involved...

By the time things calmed down there was not much light left but you could have skied off a 30 footer and probably not even realize you had left the ground and landed.
    Yesterday there was no ground.

yesterday was rad, thanks for the pics. those front flips are sick!

Yesterday was our last day at Alta (drove back to Montana last night), and easily the best day of skiing I've had in a long, long time.