Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    awesome bump I remember this like it was yesterday.. such a sick cycle that was. Im so ready to start skiing again. Here is a POV from the 3rd

@EdgeLinkJohn

When they opened baldy at the bird that day, those runs were the closest thing I have ever experienced to true perfection. As I was skiing I kept thinking that I was about to wake up from a dream, until that day I didn't think that kind of snow, terrain, and people could exist outside of a delusional fantasy.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

YES!

I was at the Bird that day. I was laughing and screaming the whole day and lost my voice. It was soooo sick and DEEP.

And this weekend was like winning a pre-season game by a comfortable margin as the second teamers really came through in the final quarter. Not entirely unsatisfying, but not something I'm going to remember.

Bump, because whether or not you think Onno Weiringa is a douchebag, Alta delivers the goods like nowhere else (except Snowbird).
    "Hakuna matata, motherfucker!"

Best ten days of skiing in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Best ten days of skiing in my life.
    Wait a minute, you ski?
    go Go GO!

20-21: 10. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Alta. January 1995...

we were at Alta in January 1995 when they got Ninty-six inches in four days --

I Still vividly remember standing in the parking lot with tears running down my cheeks(,) thinkin',

' IF this is as close to Heaven as I get - it's okay ... '

I admire those of you who experience conditions like these regularly - and
    I savor the fact that I have experienced these conditions,,, may-y-ybe four times in my life ...

Thanks! for reminding me with this thread .

J.
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

This thread reminded me Aside from only a handful of stand alone days conditions haven't been anywhere near that good for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Alta. January 1995...
    unbelievable season that was. followed by a dry start to the next, but when it was on, it was fkna on. 11 feet in 5 days (took me days to find/dig out my truck across from the A-lodge) with close to 22 feet in january of 96'. very limited viz that month. perma-ohead conditions

specially with 65mm underfoot. crowds were less of an issue before fat skis allowed the masses to hang on deep pow days.......

rog

Stupid ass fat skis

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Wait a minute, you ski?
    In a previous life, yes. And to answer your next question; 4/4/09 was the DEEPEST DAY EVAH. That is all.

the landing to Red's Cliff is bare dirt this year, so there's plenty of time to stare into the sun and get all nostalgic.

Thanks for the memories. 6 years ago and it seems like yesterday.

Thanks for the bump. That set of days is a blur, but somewhere in that blur it became my prototypical powder day.
    Next year!

A great set of days. I met up with a friend I had never skied with....he hesitantly looked for my son and I at the bottom of the chair.

Said later in the day he us he convinced his friends he was willing to give it one run...

Turns out 20 years of skiing pizza boxes at the great divide and mashed potatoes at my hood makes slaying the 2% not to hard.

The first run was off thirds into those trees with the little cliff off the end. They didn't mention a word and when Matt and I landed it, traversed over to garbage chute and back into the lift line without missing a chair it was on!

All of March and early April was fucking great

Killing it with the 4-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

That was some cycle. One I personally will never forget. Thanks for bumping this
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Great bump. I was on my first west trip at the end of March during that cycle.

Started at PC and they were reporting 5-6" a day. Pulled into Snowbird and it was 36" in 48 hrs. Yowza. Some all time runs on that day, even though I was a deep powder beater and getting stuck more times than not. Riding under Little Cloud with waist deep bottomless all the way down...dreamy.

That storm kicked off my exodus from the east.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 04-04-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Wow, I sure hope this year is an anomaly.

Here's to that week and next year!
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Bumping this to celebrate the 8th anniversary of the best ski day (and ski week) of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Bumping this to celebrate the 8th anniversary of the best ski day (and ski week) of my life.
    Better than this past Sunday at MCSB?!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

It was a vintage year for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    It was a vintage year for sure
    No, IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For an east coaster ;-)

I've forgotten more "best days ever" than the ones I can remember. This end of Feb was one of the best in a long, long time. True snorkel conditions
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

more coming .