Thread: Spin bikes

Question Spin bikes

Winters a comin'. Gonna be doin' the aerobics inside soon. I am blessed with a free gym just five minutes away at work. Brand new and all mine most of the time. But no spin bike. I hate spin classes, but love spin bikes to get a serious sweat on, wearing my IPod and a just little toasted.
    I would have to "give" the bike to the gym in order to have one this winter. But I'm not spending new. Anybody know of a cheap used one or access to them? Most are made to withstand a whole lot more use than this one will get, so it can be at half life.

Question

Can you just use a cheap mag-trainer and mount your Serotta on it?

That would be the cheapest way to spin indoors, since its maybe $160 or so for a Tacx or something, but I guess that doesn't really answer your question.

I'm going to look at one today after work to buy. I found it doing a search on craigs list. the woman wants $300 what do these things cost new. Ohh its the schwinn model

Ig- I sweat like a pig and don't do it where I live. I have a trainer, but like the solid feel of a spinner more, and don't want to stress the bike out for this stuff.
    I can stand a lot on a spinner.

CB - I've seen them new around a grand. Lemond markets a nice one.

There's a Lemond Revmaster on e-bay right now for 200.00, retail is about a 1000.00. Though the seller is in Australia. I personally prefer these to the schwinn.

Edit: I bought a fluid trainer from performance a few months ago for less than 130.00, nashbar has some cheap ones as well, plus there's always 10% and 20% codes floating around for both nashbar and performance.

If you do end up going the route of a trainer, check out these two:
    http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html
    I have this one and it kicks ass!

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/trainers_...79fc3b8105e0a2
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.