Anything I should know for the Green?

I have never boated back east and headed to the Green next week. Anything I should know? Any places worth hitting up in Asheville for coldies? Dry top and pants or drysuit?

Thanks
    Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes

The Green is a high quality classic. I've only run it at "Summer 100" and it was still fun as hell. Missing a line usually involves getting uncomfortably close to some sort of sieve or undercut. Wall to wall drops, very little flatwater until you want it. Gorilla is the real deal. Don't fuck up Sunshine.

Keep your bow up everywhere.

Unless it's super cold you should be fine with a drytop and pants.

Asheville Pizza and Brewing is a good place to start downtown, but you can't really go wrong as it is a happening town.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    See this thread.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=119494

PM ridingshockgun , he's a Green regular unless it's raining and he's running something really badass.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Its gonna be prime this week, lots of rain last week and the lake is overflowing right now. Level was close to 200% of normal release all weekend...should be good and juicy for the next several days. You should have at least 9-10" on the stick gauge, which is really nice. What the Green used to be before this drought we've had the last two years.

PM me with any specific questions, definitely don't need a drysuit....but I wore one last weekend anyway. Try to find a guide, unless you want to scout all day - every drop is blind and you don't want to be taking the wrong slot anywhere.

Get some!

Had a sweet trip and got on alot of rivers. Had good flows on the green, 14"-16". Here are just a couple of pics.
    Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes