Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: Official thread: 3rd Annual Utah MINI Summit

1. Where are you coming from? Seattle
    2. What dates will you be here? I'd probably be in for Friday-Sunday.
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable? Yes. Somewhere convenient. Might be looking for someone to share. GMD would be great, but maybe too expensive, not sure.
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta) Ski
    5. Are you going to bring a big snow storm with you??
    Of course.

I've never skied in Utah and maybe this is the time! There's a Delta flight that gets into SLC at 9:10 am which would work great.

I'd say my probability is around 50% right now.

Anyone who's interested in sharing a room at the GMD let me know. I see "low season" is through 12/22, so the prices aren't bad. The four bed dorm room would be very cheap split four ways--especially when you consider breakfast and dinner are included. The rooms are $108, so probably under $30 per person per night after taxes.
    Last edited by The AD; 08-29-2004 at 10:09 AM.

North of South, South of North, West of East

Re: Re: Official thread: 3rd Annual Utah MINI Summit

Originally posted by The AD
    Anyone who's interested in sharing a room at the GMD let me know. I see "low season" is through 12/22, so the prices aren't bad. The four bed dorm room would be very cheap split four ways--especially when you consider breakfast and dinner are included. The rooms are $108, so probably under $30 per person per night after taxes.
    I think those rooms at the GMD are $108 per person not for the whole room. And make sure you check on the service charge and taxes, those 2 items add up to roughly 25%. I've never stayed at the GMD so I could be wrong, but thats the way the other lodges at Alta work.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Re: Re: Re: Official thread: 3rd Annual Utah MINI Summit

Originally posted by teledave
    I think those rooms at the GMD are $108 per person not for the whole room. And make sure you check on the service charge and taxes, those 2 items add up to roughly 25%. I've never stayed at the GMD so I could be wrong, but thats the way the other lodges at Alta work.
    I think you're right. Their website isn't real clear, but this makes sense in relation to their other rates. I figured $30/night was way to good to be true! So it's probably more like $125 per night or a little more. That puts it out of my price range, I'd say

But there are definitely cheap rooms to be had here & there. I think the Best Western is not too expensive, and lumpy mentioned a cheap option that sounded pretty good. Also, priceline might yield a good result.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Originally posted by snowsprite
    But there are definitely cheap rooms to be had here & there. I think the Best Western is not too expensive, and lumpy mentioned a cheap option that sounded
    The Best Western is $78 per night for a room with two queen beds. That's not bad.

EDIT: this is for the CottonTree in Sandy. I see there's also a Best Western Executive Inn with a SLC address. Which one is a better location for access to skiing?

And I see Buzz' thread now with lots of links. Thanks Buzz...
    Last edited by The AD; 08-30-2004 at 10:20 AM.

Originally posted by The AD
    The Best Western is $78 per night for a room with two queen beds. That's not bad.

EDIT: this is for the CottonTree in Sandy. I see there's also a Best Western Executive Inn with a SLC address. Which one is a better location for access to skiing?

And I see Buzz' thread now with lots of links. Thanks Buzz...
    Look at the address, if the number is between 6200-9000, it is close to LLC.

Originally posted by cololi
    Look at the address, if the number is between 6200-9000, it is close to LLC.
    it's at 7200 South...Midvale. Just across the street from the 7200 Trax and unlimited buses to BCC and LCC. More direct routes to BCC tho, but you can still get to LCC for first tracks. 7200 turns into BCC.

Under $50 a night for a good part of last season if you asked for the expedia rate and they had availability. Discounted tix at the desk, 2 day Solitude was like $72, Brighton $36, All four resorts in the Cottonwoods were $40 including the bus on the superpass.

Near several mexican joints..duh..Bohemian Brewery, etc. Trax will take you into town, bla, bla, bla. Free contischmental breakfast(bring your own protein/meats), grody hottub, fridge and microwave in room if you ask early..Hooters is within striking distance..as are a bunch of other ff joints.

shuttle will take you there from the airport for about $15 + tip so you really don't need a car.

just purchased my Brighton pass online...opening day Nov ????

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Originally posted by Poyeboy
    it's at 7200 South...Midvale. Just across the street from the 7200 Trax and unlimited buses to BCC and LCC. More direct routes to BCC tho, but you can still get to LCC for first tracks. 7200 turns into BCC.

Under $50 a night for a good part of last season if you asked for the expedia rate and they had availability. Discounted tix at the desk, 2 day Solitude was like $72, Brighton $36, All four resorts in the Cottonwoods were $40 including the bus on the superpass.

Near several mexican joints..duh..Bohemian Brewery, etc. Trax will take you into town, bla, bla, bla. Free contischmental breakfast(bring your own protein/meats), grody hottub, fridge and microwave in room if you ask early..Hooters is within striking distance..as are a bunch of other ff joints.

shuttle will take you there from the airport for about $15 + tip so you really don't need a car.

just purchased my Brighton pass online...opening day Nov ????
    This where you are talking about?

I've stayed there before, great location, decent digs, and the only way you can beat the rate is if it's fo' free!

Room with 2 Queen Beds
    2 Queen Beds, Coffee Maker, Dataport Phone, Hairdryer, Iron And Ironing Board, Smokng Room, Continental Breakfast

Rate Name

Standard Rate 69.95 USD
    Available to the business/commercial traveler only. 62.96 USD
    AAA Rate 59.46 USD

Last edited by teledave; 08-30-2004 at 02:44 PM.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Thumbs up

I've stayed there before, great location, decent digs, and the only way you can beat the rate is if it's fo' free!

Room with 2 Queen Beds
    2 Queen Beds, Coffee Maker, Dataport Phone, Hairdryer, Iron And Ironing Board, Smokng Room, Continental Breakfast

Rate Name

Standard Rate 69.95 USD
    AAA Rate 59.46 USD
    Yep, that is the one to stay at for best access!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Room with 2 Queen Beds

Rate Name

Standard Rate 69.95 USD
    AAA Rate 59.46 USD
    that's it.

I haven't checked the expedia rate for any periods this season (hopefully I'll have a house by then), but it's usually $50 and the BW will match at $49.95.

Re: Official thread: 3rd Annual Utah MINI Summit

1. Where are you coming from? Lovely Davis, CA
    2. What dates will you be here? 17-20 or thereabouts
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable? Yes, the cheaper the better.
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta) Yes
    Don't I always?
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Dumb question. Do you guys all know each other? Or is this an everybody's welcome kind of thing? I was planning on driving out to SLC on those days and skiing Alta, so it'd be cool to find a place to stay and some people to ski with.

Originally posted by nikita333
    Dumb question. Do you guys all know each other? Or is this an everybody's welcome kind of thing? I was planning on driving out to SLC on those days and skiing Alta, so it'd be cool to find a place to stay and some people to ski with.
    First off, welcome JONG!

Ok, that had to be done. Yes, everyone is welcome to come to this, kinda why we have it, to meet new maggots, well, and ski the shit out of the mountains.

Do we ALL know each other, no: Do we know alot of us, mostly, are we always wanting to meet a new maggot and ski/have a beer,.....yes, are we a"family". yes, that kinda happens over time with the "crew" you associate with mostly. For me, it is the Utards.

I know these people from here, the close knit community of people who love to ski. I have met many, and want to meet more. Most here feel the same, or they would not be wasting their time here.

We would love to ski or board with you, as long as you keep up. There are many of these people I don't keep up with, but we still make laps and hook up with each other later.

Please come. The more the better. Please do tell us more about you too. Location, age, years skiing, dogs name, favorite beer, what do you want to be when you grow up, blah blah blah......bust size if you feel so inclined. Im just messin.

Sharing rooms for this thing is kinda of a "i kinda know you good enough from the board, lets save some money". If know one knows ya, well, you get made fun of a bunch.

Stay tuned on this thread, as it will be at the top as "sticky" till it is all over.

For instance, looks as though Telenater is coming!!! I have yet to meet him, but have had near misses in the last year, a good 4-5 times. Finally I can meet this great dood and make some turns and drink some beer with him!!

Feel free to PM me with other questions, but get out here, it will be a damn good time. Email addy can be found in first post I believe too.

Schedule will be as follows (so far):

Find mountain with most snow and ski it till you can't no more!

Buzz

edit: and fix the speling errors if you can, the spelling nazis do come out every so often.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 08-31-2004 at 11:48 AM.

1. The mouth of LCC
    2. I will be here the whole time, wether I plan on meeting up with the group all days or not is still tbd.
    3. I can offer lodging.
    4. Tele
    5. I will wear my lucky snow socks.
    Wrecker of dreams.

Originally posted by sandytheskier
    1. The mouth of LCC
    So is that Sandy from Sandy?

Thumbs up

So stoked for my trip to Ootah and the Mini. Can't wait to meet up and ski with some more (hopefully a lot more) maggots. Now I just hafta hope and pray that we get dumped on every day I'm in Utah. yeah, thats the stuff. [antijinx]

Thumbs up

Originally posted by glademaster
    So stoked for my trip to Ootah and the Mini. Can't wait to meet up and ski with some more (hopefully a lot more) maggots. Now I just hafta hope and pray that we get dumped on every day I'm in Utah. yeah, thats the stuff. [antijinx]
    be careful, you might just end up staying...everyone else does.

1. Where are you coming from?

Sandy. 20 minutes from Gadzoom @ Snowbird.

2. What dates will you be here?

Bell to bell all weekend.

3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable?

I can offer lodging for a few wayward mags for the weekend. Bring out-of-state beer (6%+) and a big powder dump with you. PM me if interested.

Will have my backyard 15' funbox set up by then so we can all have a backyard BBQ/jibfest at my house if y'all aren't too tired from skiing pow all day.

4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta)

Board

3'+ assured.
    Last edited by boarderline; 09-02-2004 at 02:33 AM.

I'm coming from Midvale (I live down the street from the mouth of BCC).
    I ski.
    I may be able to provide some lodging. (We'll see what the wife says when it gets closer) I'll be skiing on the weekend. I'm definitely in for a day at the Bird (in 2 minis in a row how can there not have been one day at the bird?)
    It seems that so many other mags are bringing a storm that I don't have to bother with it.

Originally posted by boarderline

Will have my backyard 15' funbox set up by then so we can all have a backyard BBQ/jibfest at my house if y'all aren't too tired from skiing pow all day.
    A BBQ in December after skiing pow all day...that's the spirit!

Sprite
    (and I really do think that's a groovy idea, I'm not being facetious!)
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Thumbs up

Originally posted by snowsprite
    A BBQ in December after skiing pow all day...that's the spirit!

Sprite
    (and I really do think that's a groovy idea, I'm not being facetious!)
    I'm diggin that idea too. BBQ's in the winter kick total ass!

Talking

Originally posted by UTdave
    I'm definitely in for a day at the Bird (in 2 minis in a row how can there not have been one day at the bird?)
    I was at the Bird with a bunch of mags last year on the Sat. I think, just ask BumZ on my lovely parking job while a little too hungover. Rode with a bunch of us and Mr. Altagirl came over from Alta for a few fun laps.

Bet you were at Alta with the rest of them, weren't you!!

From Boardlines comments:

So who is willing to throw the party after Friday of madness on the mountain, GMD apres ski swhagggg giveaway and then off to copious amounts of alcohol??

1. Where are you coming from? Park City
    2. What dates will you be here? realistically 17 & 18
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable? Nope, I prefer Mrs. Powstash's bed.
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta) Yes, but the snowboard will be staying home.
    If the snow is marginal, I'll be glad to host a BC tour with super sick deeply discounted tix (I'll try for $20-$33) at The Canyons and anyone with gear, a bit of knowledge and in reasonably good physical condition is welcome.

If the snow is off the hook, Alta for sure. If snowpack is good and stable but not nuking, the Uinta snowmobile super sick BC access tour will be happening. Stay tuned for details. Bring a ski rope!
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Oh yea, forgot to mention this and not sure if it's been said:

If you are flying to Utah and arrive in the morning or mid day with enough time to bolt up to The Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley, you can register and use your boarding pass from your flight to get a free lift ticket. Wouldn't be a bad way to get your Utah stoke going with a free lift ticket for the day you arrive.

Register and check out details of the "Quick Start" program here: www.parkcityinfo.com
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson