Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Won't know for sure until early ski season, but right now it looks good for my first (mini)summit experience.

1. Where are you coming from?
    Cowtown, AB, Canada
    2. What dates will you be here?
    Depends of whether I drive or fly. But mostly likely 15th-18th.
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable?
    Yes. Cheap is good, but I snore like an atomic band saw, so people should keep that in mind before offering their hospitality.
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta)
    Board mostly, but willing to school all the fulltime skiers if Alta is on the agenda.
    5. Are you going to bring a big snow storm with you??
    I'm from the Canadian Rockies - we have no snow storms to spare. (Which is why I am keen on Utah.)

Heading out now to buy lotto ticket and ensure my attendance.

I'm a last minute type of person, but these dates work out very well with my work schedule. Our students finish a few days before, so work should not be an obstacle.

Coming from CO
    Will need space to crash---location doesn't matter, but GT's hospitality was above and beyond last year.
    Won't be bringing any snow because you all steal it from us Coloraggots
    I'm shooting for December 16-19

Depending on my work (currently unknown) I can help shuttle, but may not be able to host. If anybody has questions about the area i can do some leg work for you. I was also wondering how to get hooked up with a PM gear sticker. I saw last year someone brought a few to sell, but if us newbies can get em earlier that would be good too.

I would really like to go, and will be bringing the husband and Sprout in tow!

If we could shack up in an extra room or a couch that would be cool...otherwise I will drum up a cheap hotel.

I don't want to impose though b/c I'm bringing my kid (he's 10). But it would be very cool to shack up w/ a maggot who has some xtra crashing space and little kids so my little guy has somebody to ski/hang out with.

Like I said though, it's a lot to put up a whole family and I don't want to impose. But if anyone thinks they are up for it just PM me. Otherwise, hotel advice is appreciated.

Now for my succinct answers:

1. Coming from Connecticut
    2. Dates: 12/16-19
    3. Need lodging & cheap/kid-friendly is good
    4. I ski and so does my kid, but husband is a knuckledragger
    5. I have never skiied deep powder, so I think this will be my de-flowering experience. Yes we are bringing tons of snow!

Thankies!
    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

altapowderdaze...I don't have a gear sticker but have an xtra summit sticker if you'd like that.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Originally posted by AltaPowderDaze
    I was also wondering how to get hooked up with a PM gear sticker. I saw last year someone brought a few to sell, but if us newbies can get em earlier that would be good too.
    I had some Mini Summit Stickers set up and sold em a buck a piece. Do we want to do this again?

Here is where to get a PM Gear Sticker, or a bunch of stuff for that matter, I got a shirt for my bday from 2P and he got Buzz Jr a Jumper too:

PM Gear Goodies
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Edit: All lodging and more info on first post now.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 10-04-2004 at 12:14 PM.

Re: Official thread: 3rd Annual Utah MINI Summit

Originally posted by Buzzworthy
    So who is coming??

I need the same info as last year:

1. Where are you coming from?
    2. What dates will you be here?
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable?
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta)

Jan/Teledave has already pulled the trigger, great deals right now on flights.

Please start making this another event to remember and post up!!
    1. Where are you coming from? The Castro
    2. What dates will you be here? Jan/Feb, typically when Kirkweed turns into Tahiti (Anyone else for Jan/Feb?)
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable? Anywhere
    4. Do you ski or board? Next question
    5. Are you going to bring a big snow storm with you?? Yes- nine day blizzards, over-the-head face shots, a bunch of oh-no's, a collection of wows, the blizzard of aaahhhhs.

1. Hopefully coming from Sandy/Midvale area.
    2. Planning to be out there by early January.
    3. Working on it.
    4. Ski
    5. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I've never gone to one either, so I may have to go.

1. Denver (would like to hitch a ride, will provide gas and grass, no ass)
    2. weekend warrior
    3. anywhere cheap
    4. ski
    5. moon river!

A day of touring would be nice, too.
    Last edited by homerjay; 08-27-2004 at 11:50 AM.

Hey Buzz,thanx for the links!Homerjay ,hilarious answer to question #1!
    Calmer than you dude

Talking

Originally posted by Eldo

Heading out now to buy lotto ticket and ensure my attendance and to able to buy Buzz all the free beers he wants!

Yipee -

1. PRB, CO (that's B-O-U, to the FR, to the D town yo!) - prolly fly.
    2. 16 - 19
    3. CHEAP, have bag will travel. Floor, Tent, Teepee, Yurt, Closet (but I'm not coming out), Tub, abaondoned tree house - OR -- have Holiday Inn points for 3 or 4 nights free IF some other coloraggot wants to pop for the rental car or drive.
    4. To ride implies passenger, therefore I ski.
    5. Can bring weather mod equipment for maggot cloud seeding experiment.

75% go.
    I think I'm going mad.

Originally posted by Buzzworthy

... and to be able to buy Buzz all the free beers he wants!
    Will be bringing beverage "care package" from Canada. Do you have any favs?

(If you say Kokanee, I will have to reconsider my attendance. )

I'm about 80% sure as of right now.

1.) Coming from L.A.
    2.)Shooting for 17th through the 20th - at least three days of skiing.
    3.) No lodging yet, but I'll take Altachic up on her offer. I can't cook, but I can scrub the hell out of pots and pans!
    4.) Not even going to bring my board. Bro Models for sho'.
    5.) I'll bring a big storm if someone can bring me some stronger legs.

Last year was such a blast, I can't imagine missing the Utah Mini this year.

I was one of those who stayed at the Best Western in Sandy, and it was very nice. Breakfast every morning, close to everything, right on the bus routes, and not too expensive.
    Last edited by SponsoredByDuctTape; 08-27-2004 at 03:49 PM.

Talking

(If you say Kokanee, I will have to reconsider my attendance. )
    No offense to many Konkanee drinkers, but it tastes not a whole lot different than Natural Light to me and Natty Light is a hell of a lot cheaper.

I prefer Pale Ales, with a bit of bitey flavor (hops) and a good color. IE, Seirra Nevada Pale Ale, Bass, Mirror Pond Pale Ale by Deuschuttes Brewery in Oregon, ...... them kinds of beers.

Any beer will be much appreciated regardless.

Sponsored, very nice testimonial, looking forward to riding with you again!
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 08-27-2004 at 04:04 PM.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

(If you say Kokanee, I will have to reconsider my attendance. ) [/B][/QUOTE]

It might just be a sentimental thing, but I got attatched to Molson Canadian when our '76 Capri (this was 1988 and we were poor college students) ran out of gas a mile or two before Invermere (sp?) at 2AM driving to the Calgary Olympics. We had two cases of Buckhorn, a half rack of Shafer Light, and for some reason, I'd bought a sixer of Molson (big spend in the collegiate days) when we'd crossed the border (thats before getting lost in a drunken haze).

Was saving the Molsons for whatever when the car ran out of petrol. We stepped out of the car to get walk into town for gas (moot point since everything would have been closed we were later told), several greasy, mangy, large elkhound looking things trotted out of the brush and up to us. Basically, in mutt terminology told us to get back in the car or they'd make sure our fibulas looked like the remanents of a bucket of KFC drumsticks after a summer picnic. The fackers then decided that we weren't leaving the car all night.

Anyhow, the three other poor bastids were stuck with the collective swill brought from Pullman while I, at least, enjoyed drinking my "exotic" foriegn brew. Bottles, in addition, were much nicer to piss in than the cans...since our four legged hosts weren't keen on letting us out. Turned out they lived at a house about 100 yards up the road and didn't want any visitors early AM.

Haven't touched a Molson since...please bring some, the ones with the geese/ducks on them. We just can't get the ones with the friggin geese on them here...that taste the same. Even if it is the Canadian version of swill.

OK back to my cheap 1.5 litre of Merlot.

On with mini discussion

Sorry about hijack.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 08-27-2004 at 04:21 PM.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

1. Where are you coming from? My house
    2. What dates will you be here? All
    3. Do you need lodging and where is preferable? See number 1 above
    4. Do you ski or board? (Thinking of Alta) Both, but I'm a hack on the single plank - I wouldn't dream of boarding with anyone in this group.
    5. Are you going to bring a big snow storm with you?? Red Baron has us covered, thank you.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

I hope some people have the luck with bringing storms, because my dad and I are notorious throughout ski country for bringing either high pressure or skyrocketing freezing levels. We are so due for a big week.[antijinx]

if my foot is fully healed i plan on being there the evening of the 14th thru the evening of the 20th, flying from chicago,, and i hope someone can spare a couch/floor space for me.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

If the conditions are there I will be too. Driving from Denver.

Originally posted by divegirl
    so if you have floor space, I'll like you forever and return the favor, or bear gifts of high-alcohol content beer or Napa Valley wines, or possibly some CA cuisine.
    I can vouch for the lovely divegirl - she is true to her word and brings mucho alcohol, we even concocted a fab new drink, coconut rum and coke -- right, Comish?

Originally posted by SponsoredByDuctTape
    I'm about 80% sure as of right now.
    Duct, and others coming from major cities - be sure to check Southwest Airlines Vacations because in my preliminary browsing today I found that I could go on the 16th, stay 3 nights, and pay $274 ALL IN - air and hotel (Park City Best Western). For a few extra bucks, you can make it a ski package and they throw in the car and interchangeable lift tix.

Last time I went to Utah, I booked through Southwest's Vacations and it all worked out perfectly - SUV, hotel, air and 3 days lift tix for $400. They don't have their ski package stuff together yet, but they do this every year.

I'm a maybe, Buzz. Depends on work, I may be in Baltimore, will keep you posted.

I plan to fly in from Seattle if conditions are good. Prolly fly in Friday night and fly out Sunday evening. Floor space would be great since my flight will likely be expensive if I make it. My last and only time at Alta I was essentially skiing on one leg. Can't wait to experience it healthy.

1. 20 minutes from Lot 1.
    2. Don't know yet. Due to the Euro trip last month, I'm out of vacation days for the rest of 2004.
    3. If my wife doesn't kick me out of the house before then I'll still have lodging...
    4. Both, but I like skiing better.
    Yeah, yeah, whatever. If not that week, then the one before or after...