Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does anyone have a picture of the tip-rocker on the 194 d-sender, I also heard weird things about the measurements, do the 194's actually measure longer than 194...or is it just the running length people talk about?

bump....
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Profile pictures of 2010 Alotta Prototypes...

Similar specs to this year's production run sans a bit of early rise in the tip and tail and sans a bit of camber as per Jared.

One thing is for sure, I am AMAZED at how light these planks are.
    Last edited by F.D.V.; 11-27-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Will post a full review once skied...
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

bump....
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Will post a full review once skied...
    Please do!!! I spoke to a guy at Snowbird last Tuesday and he says the new A-Lotta w/rocker just kills it! Said they're a lot easier to ski than you would think and plans to use them as his daily driver and will suppliment with a 180 race stock gs ski for inbetween good days. I am looking forward to trying a pair of these!!!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by altasnowbirdripper View Post
    Please do!!! I spoke to a guy at Snowbird last Tuesday and he says the new A-Lotta w/rocker just kills it! Said they're a lot easier to ski than you would think and plans to use them as his daily driver and will suppliment with a 180 race stock gs ski for inbetween good days. I am looking forward to trying a pair of these!!!
    Using a 140mm waisted ski as a daily drive is ridiculous.
    That ski must be incredible.

^^^ I thought the exact same thing - not sure I'd want them as a daily driver (my 185 Motherships RULE!) but when there's new snow I bet they'll shred! Would also like to try the new 194 D-Sender too...

De Oppresso Liber

The rocker profiles are on the Fatypus Website

194 D-Sender
    Tip- Rises 6.5cm over 42cm

5mm of camber over 124cm

Tail- Rises 4.5cm over 28cm
    http://www.fat-ypus.com/home/d-sender.php

190 A-lotta
    Tip- Rises 6cm over 41cm

5mm of camber over 122cm

Tail- Rises 3.5cm over 27cm
    http://www.fat-ypus.com/home/a-lotta.php

186 I-Rock
    Tip- Rises 7cm over 58cm

2mm of camber over 76cm

Tail- Rises 5.5cm over 52cm
    http://www.fat-ypus.com/home/i-rock.php

Line Prototype 150

180-150-170

Trial version with R&D Line Team Riders. Eventual final product is Line EP Pro.

This rivals the Fatypus any day!

Quote Originally Posted by BanditXXX View Post
    Line Prototype 150

180-150-170

Trial version with R&D Line Team Riders. Eventual final product is Line EP Pro.

This rivals the Fatypus any day!
    Except that it's 180-150-170 of noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    Except that it's 180-150-170 of noodle.
    Not really. It's maple wood core, fairly stiff, more more of a medium flex. It is a sweet ski to hit the deep PNW crud. If you can find one. Only five produced.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditXXX View Post
    Not really. It's maple wood core, fairly stiff, more more of a medium flex. It is a sweet ski to hit the deep PNW crud. If you can find one. Only five produced.
    Oh, wow that's really different than the current EP Pro.
    Have you tried the A-Lotta?
    And if you have, how do they compare?

I talked to a guy at Snowbird a few weeks back & says the I-Rock is just stupid fun!!! It has become his "go to" ski and thinks he'll ski them most of the year - I guess I really need to try that one as well - heard the same from a few others in here...

PS: That Line proto 150 sounds cool - BTW if anyone runs across a team stock 205cm Salomon AK Swallowtail please let me know!

De Oppresso Liber

I was going to buy a pair of Fatypus skis in 2007, until I saw the Line Prototypes pop up on E-bay. I'm sure they ski similarly, except that the Line Proto doesn't have any rocker.

The EP Pro has a lot of rocker vs the Prototype, Plus the Prototype was way too short for the Team Riders. But, good for a short guy like myself.

^ Mate your a tool. They are 150mm wide. 180-150-170. As they are lines i would guess the length is 186, seems to be their standard

Quote Originally Posted by h2d View Post
    ^ Mate your a tool. They are 150mm wide. 180-150-170. As they are lines i would guess the length is 186, seems to be their standard
    Actually, they are 170's. Like I said, they proved to be too short for Line's Team Riders, therefore didn't get put into production.

I guess my point is that these skis are similar to the Fatypus Alottas. Or should I say the "old" Alottas. The new ones with the rocker are probably far superior in deep powder.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnowbirdripper View Post
    I talked to a guy at Snowbird a few weeks back & says the I-Rock is just stupid fun!!! It has become his "go to" ski and thinks he'll ski them most of the year - I guess I really need to try that one as well - heard the same from a few others in here...

PS: That Line proto 150 sounds cool - BTW if anyone runs across a team stock 205cm Salomon AK Swallowtail please let me know!
    So your friend thinks the I-Rock is versatile enough for skiing most conditions?