PSA: Intense Slopestyle owners

Ive got 2 rides on my SS or about 35mi.

The other night i was loading my bike up for a ride the next day, and noticed that 3 of the 4 upper VPP bolts were loose and unscrewed a good .1-.2" since the rear end was making a slight clunking noise, usually associated with loose shock mount bolts.

None of these had any loctite on them, so keep an eye on them, or better yet, remove them and apply some yourself.

Furthermore, be careful when torquing these back in and make sure your Hex key is as far in as it will go. If you only insert it as deep as most other sockhead cap screws, you will crack the head at the base of the pocket & ribs.

i know this because i cracked one of mine.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    Furthermore, be careful when torquing these back in and make sure your Hex key is as far in as it will go. If you only insert it as deep as most other sockhead cap screws, you will crack the head at the base of the pocket & ribs.

i know this because i cracked one of mine.
    I did the same thing to one of mine. Suxxors. So if you insert it deeper you can torque on it OK?

Thanks for the PSA, will be sure to keep an eye on them.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Thanks, I'm about to snag one. Def make sure to tear apart the bolts and loctite em.

By chance, does anyone have an extra set of 150x12 dropouts for an SS that they would want to sell?
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I did the same thing to one of mine. Suxxors. So if you insert it deeper you can torque on it OK?

Thanks for the PSA, will be sure to keep an eye on them.
    its my thought that if you insert the wrench all the way in, it will be fine
    that way the whole length of the bolt can take the torque rather than just the very end of the head of the bolt

and seriously
    that is one hell of a stupid design for that bolt head
    i mean, they saved what, maybe 1-2 grams per bolt?
    On a 9 lb frame?
    gmafb

i emailed intense about replacements, but havent heard back
    i may be going to home depot to find a steel metric bolt to take its place