Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Head Monster im95

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    Head IM 95 are filthy light...probably not as damp as some other options though.
    I just picked up a pair of these, the 07/08 model but only the top sheet colour changed this year. So far I've only skied them on resort hard-pack, I feel the bindings are too far forward though. Ski-able on hard snow but I'm leaning back more than forward, & I can't just roll my knee to hold an edge & carve a turn. skidding turns are ok. methinks they will suck in powder but I won't move the bindings until I actually ski them in pow.

super-dooper light! skinning will be a breeze, but they bounce round on choppy skied-out resort crapiness.

the set-up is BD O1 tele bindings, 28 T1 boots. 181cm skis, I'm 6'2" 155lb. I mounted my (tele) boot mid-sole 2cm behind the line (ie the 3 pin line is 147mm in front of the line). I'd be tempted to move them back 2cm, an input anyone else has for these as a tele set-up would be appreciated.

I am trying to get rid of a pair of 172 cms Volkl T-Rock, I like them fine but I'm looking to ride something wider and I'm broke so I'm trying to sell them now and maybe get the wider skis next year... anyway...

You can read about that ski and other comparable ones from the same people's perspective here:

http://www.telemarkski.com/html/intr...t_reviews.html

and PM me if you are interested in the T-Rocks

Anyone know what the weight of Fischer Watea 84s are?

Here's whats really still in the running:

- Used pair of TUA crossride 112 - the devil you know is better...

- K2 Baker Superlights

- Fischer Watea 84 (not sure on the weight but got a deal)

- Dynafit Manaslu - can get new for $420 - although I dont think it fits my critera as a steep hard snow ski.

I love my Baker superlights with Dynafit setup.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    - Used pair of TUA crossride 112 - the devil you know is better...
    Hey, did you hook up with my buddy with the used 112's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    I love my Baker superlights with Dynafit setup.
    How do they do on the PNW summer ice and rime?

I've been hearing about their "deflection" and issues holding edge on icy. Is that just from people who cant hold an edge w/o a stiff heavy ski or is there some truth to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Hey, did you hook up with my buddy with the used 112's?
    No not yet, I'm kinda tempted to get something justa bit wider.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    How do they do on the PNW summer ice and rime?

I've been hearing about their "deflection" and issues holding edge on icy. Is that just from people who cant hold an edge w/o a stiff heavy ski or is there some truth to it?.
    I skied Baker SLs last winter for touring in the PNW and deceided they were too soft for me. Edge hold was never an issue, but they got tossed around too much in heavier snow conditions. This winter switched to the RT86 and I'm very glad I did. The performance is on a higher level, and the weight is nearly identical to the Baker SL.