Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Another Boston/Milford guy here... Work 5 min from Nam and live in Newton--ride Cutler Park a lot, also need to find people who like playing in traffic for downtown rides.

AWF, come on out again this year.
    Hey Im movin to the Boston Area next week....your gonna have to show me the goods that stack up to Lehigh and Sals!
    I stay up all night, I go to sleep watching dragnet

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Hey Im movin to the Boston Area next week....your gonna have to show me the goods that stack up to Lehigh and Sals!
    Nothing compares to the SHAAAAAAAK CWOOOOOOSAH. N O T H I N G!!!!!
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Anybody want to ride with me and my kids on Tuesday? Parent teacher conferences so they are out of school at 11am.

Monday - Ninham for some laps on the pedaly and the tower side. ~10a.m. or so.

Tuesday - long tour at Blue Mtn. in Peekskill, NY.

Wednesday: something local around Danbury, or Miller's if not hitting it Monday.
    Last edited by scrublover; 03-29-2009 at 09:27 PM.

I was actually thinking Sprain Ridge on my way to work Monday morning. If I do it I would be there around 8:45 or so and ride for about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Another Boston/Milford guy here... Work 5 min from Nam and live in Newton--ride Cutler Park a lot, also need to find people who like playing in traffic for downtown rides.

AWF, come on out again this year.
    Good to see some Boston area riders on here. I work 10 min from Wampatuck and ride there a lot. I still try and ride Cutler when I can.....I love the fast singletrack there.

I'm always up for downtown rides or Lynn/Nam with people who know their way around

Here are the two pics I took from our ride last week.

scrublover

gravitylover

It was a lot of fun.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Heh, at least I don't ski that far in the backseat

Dickey, wanna do Lakeside Park Tuesday afternoon? Get your bike running yet?

I live/work in central MA about 10 mins from Nam. Also some good flat fun tight singletrack in the blackstone valley. Im down to ride pretty much any day after work.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Dickey, wanna do Lakeside Park Tuesday afternoon? Get your bike running yet?
    I can't this week, not sure about next yet. Kimberly Clark likes to draw out their hiring process. I think they do this to weed out people that don't want to be there long term. They told me they would let me know today, so we'll see.

It will probably be a mud hole tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    What you're movin to Boston? Let me know if you will be around for some 100 mile fun this summer

eastern NY and western CT folk: tuesday the 31st - 930-10am in the back lot for a nice long tour of blue mtn. in peekskill.

Well I just got word from Kimberly Clark, its a no go, so it looks like I'm heading back to Utah. scrublover, gravitylover, I had fun on the ride and thanks for letting me borrow your bike. I may be heading back in about two years though, it just depends on where my girlfriend gets a job when she finishes school. Boehringer Ingelheim has already offered her a PA position in Danbury, so we'll see how it pans out. Thanks again, I had fun.

I ride usually ride at Harold Parker in Andover on the weekends - give me a shout if you're interested.
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.

Bummer dude. When are you leaving?

April 13th. I'll only be taking what I can check and carry on a plane, so I'll be selling off all my stuff over the next two weeks. Stay tuned, big sale thread coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    April 13th. I'll only be taking what I can check and carry on a plane, so I'll be selling off all my stuff over the next two weeks. Stay tuned, big sale thread coming soon.
    good luck to you, and at least enjoy utah while there, eh?

couple shots from last week:

Quote Originally Posted by powwrangler View Post
    What you're movin to Boston? Let me know if you will be around for some 100 mile fun this summer
    Thats the plan, Im also planing on a few other rides in PA. Going to throw down some laps at leesburg in a few weeks.
    I stay up all night, I go to sleep watching dragnet

Blue Mt tomorrow around 9am. Anybody wanna join me?

tempting. sliced a chunk off my thumb the other day, and need to wait a few days.

i built something up more applicable to heading to the resorts this year recently, too.

Something bigger and slacker this way comes. I'm still no big hucker/jumper type, but like ugly steep chunky technical descending, and want to hit up a bit more east coast lift terrain this summer and fall. To wit: something a bit more purpose built with that in mind, but still able to be pedaled/shuttled to the top of some local stuff. Albeit slowly.

14.5' bb height, 46" wheelbase, 17" stays, 65* HTA. All 38.5# of her. 6.5" rear/7" front. Long and slack, lotsa' sag.

(my scale reads under roughly a pound, so i'm estimating 38.5# for the hell of it.)

07 Devinci Frantik frame, 09 Fox DHX Air, Totem Solo Air. Azonic Outlaw wheels, 150mm x 12mm rear.

Stinger guide, FSA low end cranks, plain jane bashring, M646 pedals. Fairly light yet cheapy saddle and post, Hope QR. Kore 29" low rise bar, Sunline stem, Rogue lock on grips. FSA/Cane Creek reducer headset combo (to keep the stock slack head angle but lower the bar height a bit) Avid Juicy-3 brakes -7" reear/8" front. SRAM X-5 shifters, X-9 mid cage rear, X-9 front. Kenda DH Nevegals -2.5" rear, 2.7" front, regular tubes. SRAM 980 cassette. A few extra ti and alu bits sprinkled here and there from the parts bin - not enough to really make even a dent in the weight, but I can say I tried.

Nearly the whole bike was built off ebay and other forum deals, for roughly 1/3 of what it would have run me retail. There is also a new link available from Devinci that will up the rear travel from 165mm-->180mm without altering the geometry and using the same shock - just with a slightly different leverage ratio. I plan to leave it this way though. Working on getting a couple spare dropouts from some Canadian folks. Devinci doesn't sell in the states, or online, and has no contact info on their website that I can find. Grrrrrr!

I won't complain if it slows you down on the climbs Do something better for brakes if you want to be able to trust them for lift served riding.

Heal up. I'm free again in two weeks for a Tuesday ride.

I live in the Boston area.
    My bike is like, 400 pounds though. So no single track.

I usually ride Highland in New Hampshire. Attitash is good too.

I'll probably hit Highland the first few Fridays that they're open.
    The rest of the summer I'll be up there on Thursdays ... PM me if you want to meet up.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I won't complain if it slows you down on the climbs Do something better for brakes if you want to be able to trust them for lift served riding.

Heal up. I'm free again in two weeks for a Tuesday ride.
    i've had several versions of juicy 3 and 5 sets in the stable, and never had any issues, even with much longer descending rides out west. good pads, appropriate sized rotors, and a good bleed job right out of the box has always worked well for me.

i'm going to sneak out for a mellow spin tomorrow afternoon at huntington probably.

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    I live in the Boston area.
    My bike is like, 400 pounds though. So no single track.
    My VPFree weighs 43 pounds and I push that hog around with the XC guys. Man up--it'll put hair on your chest. And not that peach fuzz crap--I'm talking the Rontele-esque thick black shit.

BTW, I'm riding Nam today after work (~6) if anyone is game.
    Last edited by Natedogg; 04-14-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Good to see some Boston area riders on here. I work 10 min from Wampatuck and ride there a lot. I still try and ride Cutler when I can.....I love the fast singletrack there.

I'm always up for downtown rides or Lynn/Nam with people who know their way around
    I've probably seen you at Wompy at some point, I ride there ~3 times a week most of the year, what do you ride? I'm a fat-ish guy on a green turner most of the time.