Parking Rant (NSR)

So there's this parking garage in Pasadena, that has a couple of spots reserved for vehicles over 6'10". I was planning to park my WRX (clearly not over 6'10", I don't think it's even that wide), in one of the spots because I figured that SUVs are always taking up two of the compact spots that are meant for my car. Then I noticed the rest of the sign: "violators will be towed, Pasadena City Code blah blah blah". So what this means is that Pasadena has a law that limits parking for small cars like mine, yet they have no laws limiting parking for behemoth SUVs. How is this fair?

On a related note, Pasadena also bans all vehicles over 6000 lbs from streets that aren't "truck routes" yet they refuse to enforce this law for large SUVs (Suburbans, Hummers, and Excursions are all well over the limit).

Can't you just leave the electric aerial in the 'up' position?

Originally posted by bad_roo
    Can't you just leave the electric aerial in the 'up' position?
    [Avi from Snatch] "In English. This country spawned the language for christsakes and nobody seems to speak it." [Avi]

We call that an antennae.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Originally posted by PaSucks
    [Avi from Snatch] "In English. This country spawned the language for christsakes and nobody seems to speak it." [Avi]

We call that an antennae.
    I think you mean antenna. Antennae is plural.

Originally posted by The AD
    I think you mean antenna. Antennae is plural.
    No, I believe he meant antennae. Plural.

You've obviously not met AntiSoCal yet. ASC, you left these behind at McCormick's that night. I remember you saying something about them improving your reception with the ladies?

Who luvs ya, baby?

Thumbs down

dude! BULLSHIT! I've seen the rear spoilers on those WRX's and that easily makes them over 6'10"

Here is a hint for you. SUV's are LESS THAN 6'10" tall unless they've been modified. Those spaces are reserved specifically for WORK TRUCKS/CONTRACTORS.

My F250 4x4 is I think 6'8" without the topper and wouldn't qualify, it is still a frickin huge truck.

Don't bitch about other people, you chose to buy a small car, they chose a big one. You get better mileage (okay not really) and they'll live if you get in an accident with them. We all make choices. But the bottom line is that those spots are for workers.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn