Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up LOOK OUT COLORADDY!

Or, Congrats to the REV!!

Woo HOO!

Prepare for the easiest 2 years of your life.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Thumbs up

Ooopss actually the emissions board lied!

WTG Dude.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Knowing the rev like I do, I'm pretty sure the emmissions board (emmissions Board?) did just fine. That is one stinky kid.

It's the Admissions Board I'd be worried about.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Heh. Thanks doods. I'm super dooper stoked to join the Coloraddy collective and ski with all y'all. Seriously...really makes moving to a different ski region an excitable experience. And if my pahtna Adolf Allerbusch (of silver egg fame) gets in, too, I'd say the partying scales just got tipped from Utah to Colorado's favor!

EAT IT, UTAHRDS!

okay...am I on the team, now?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

So where are you moving to Rev?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Originally posted by The Reverend Floater

Not until you do something sooper dooper extremo, like... running down the Up escalator at Beaver Creek with ski boots on.

Below Zero: Movin' to Fort Fun to stalk Snowfire and all the Loveland Mags.

Jibij: Switch?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

that explains

this

Cool

Sweet man! So it's official? When is the intended move date? Looking forward to making turns, skinning some tracks, and drinking some brews with ya this winter.

Talking

[B I'd say the partying scales just got tipped from Utah to Colorado's favor!

EAT IT, UTAHRDS!

[/SIZE] [/B]

Heh, watch who you say that too Rev, your are up against some good ones, Woodsy, Buzz, MacDaddy, Frozen (still here in spirit, which is appropriate), Frizzo, BobMc and more.

Congrats dooood!! Be careful with them crazies out there.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

ruhrow, welcome aboard Rev. There will be olympic drinking tryouts soon after your arrival. If you make it to the semi's you are automatically on the team.

Heh. Thanks doods. I'm super dooper stoked to join the Coloraddy collective and ski with all y'all. Seriously...really makes moving to a different ski region an excitable experience. And if my pahtna Adolf Allerbusch (of silver egg fame) gets in, too, I'd say the partying scales just got tipped from Utah to Colorado's favor!

EAT IT, UTAHRDS!

Nice!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

you still making a pit stop in UT on the way to actually ski powder?

COraggots can have the booze trophy, we dont have the team we used to & I learned @ the luge.

Best of Luck Rev...you know you love the utards, you can't deny that.

you sketchy character, you

Nice work Rev. I highly encourage your buying of a colorado pass (only $329). I had both the Loveland and Co pass last year and I have to say Loveland was pretty big let down. Hit bert or A-basin when you want to stay close, but you'll need those 10 days at Vail.

Originally posted by meatdrink9
    Nice work Rev. I highly encourage your buying of a colorado pass (only $329). I had both the Loveland and Co pass last year and I have to say Loveland was pretty big let down. Hit bert or A-basin when you want to stay close, but you'll need those 10 days at Vail.
    Actually MD9, I'm pretty sure it is $350 for newbies.

Originally posted by Below Zero
    Actually MD9, I'm pretty sure it is $350 for newbies.
    What does the CO Pass include?

Originally posted by Woodsy
    you still making a pit stop in UT on the way to actually ski powder?

COraggots can have the booze trophy, we dont have the team we used to & I learned @ the luge.
    True, we lost our key player. Damn you TGR!

I got schooled on the luge, but somehow did not learn anything.

Rev and Woodsy, would like to meet up if possible on the way thru. Meeting time.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

sweet rev. have fun in the fort. if you like punk and are looking for something to do go see Pre$ident$ Wive$ sometime. it's my brothers band. see you at the pass. and don't forget about the aspen classic pass.
    Last edited by hev; 08-24-2004 at 03:07 PM.

$349 gets you unlimited at Abasin, Keystone, and Breck plus 10 days at Vail or Beavercreek

Skiing at Vail and Beaver Creek is restricted 11/26-11/27/04, 12/27/04-1/1/05 and 2/19-2/20/05.

You can also get four packs at places like Aspen ($119), Copper ($79), and Loveland ($79), and Winter Park ($79), and Crested Butte ($129?). I'm pretty sure those prices are right, if not exact, they are close.

Thumbs up

This very very good news indeed ! Can't wait to hit a powder day with a man of the cloth ! I figure I can beg forgiveness for my worshiping at the alter of singleplankness
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

Originally posted by Below Zero
    $349 gets you unlimited at Abasin, Keystone, and Breck plus 10 days at Vail or Beavercreek

Skiing at Vail and Beaver Creek is restricted 11/26-11/27/04, 12/27/04-1/1/05 and 2/19-2/20/05.
    In other words, the Colorado Pass gets you 10 days of skiing the E. Vail chutes.
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

Talking

What does the CO Pass include?
    1. Long lift lines
    2. Crowded slopes
    3. Mobs and mobs of tourists.........Just about every day of the year
    4. $10 fee for parking X 10
    5. Unlimited days at Flatstone, Gaperidge, and A-baseweld
    6. A big headache from traffic during your drive home if you ski on the weekends.
    7. 45 minute pow day
    8. 10 days of E. Vail goodness

So, 1 out of 8 isn't that bad.

Ok, so it isn't all that bad. I'm just a little partial to some of these resorts. A-basin is still a fun place to ride the lifts. Cool crowd, fun terrain features, and somewhat ok bc access.

edit: Save your money and book a bunch of yurt trips, especially if you are living in Ft. Fun. Never Summer Nordic has a bunch of yurts up in the Cameron Pass and Monty Pass areas. Good terrain, Steamboat-like snow, and cheap.

I usually get the CO pass and then alternate to Cameron Pass for BC turns when trying to get away. We drive from The Fort to Breck or Vail almost every week with stops at Keystone for night skiing and A-Basin for hippy infested steeps as needed. iskibc is right on about Cameron Pass. Co Pass is cheap for the options available. Copper/WP pass is good as well because of less crowds but I like having 5 choices for a little over 300 bills.

You'll have to stop calling resorts by their real names if you move here. See iskiinbounds' post for further details.

My 0.02 - get a steamboat card because you're not that far and you'll definitely want to chase a storm or two up there. Ft. Fun is also really close to some kick ass spring skiing up north in the Snowy Range.