Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    once upon a time i went to a Utah snow science workshop
    for some weird reason the let maynerd g crebs and his gomer split board bro
    to give a presentation about the backcountry culture and surfing
    all I got from it is
    irl Maynerd g Krebs is real similar to dipshit dofuss t-tips maynerd
    and if you don't like bmf turns take your ass back to the daks and noodle farm your shit there with the rog
    most people learn to surf and don't git much better
    some places you need to spend a season keeping jerry's outta the parking lot so they cant even git to the break
    supply the safety break nugs and wax boards for ya can even join the line up
    so yeah bc skiings cultures way friendlier
    and non of it has shit to do with avalaunches
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Mkay.

Yes. Dick move.

If you paddle for a wave, you return to the line up. Some guys donít get it.

Cole would be an example. He paddles and missed today. I was grabbing the next one and he sits right u set me looking to go. I catch and drop just missing his tail. He proceeds to catch it behind/under me. Like were I wanted to go bitch. Then he flails or something and I hear yell for me to ďgoĒ. When I paddled back I explained he didnít need to tell me to go cause I wasnít looking back. Decent guy but he looks out too much.

OTOH, I sometimes sit under the peak and grab the waves the slip through the Jerryís who prefer to take 15 strokes to try and scratch into the wave a foot further outside. Often these waves look unmakable to the kooks sitting on the inside bowl. I donít really see those guys if that makes sense. I try to encourage them and hoot them into waves, but if Iím eyeing a bowl,, I look deeper than me and go.

Itís hard sometimes surfing in a mixed crowd. I surfed with 5 guys today and often would see waves go by cause I thought someone else had them. I try not to let too many slip through cause waves are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I try not to let too many slip through cause waves are limited.
    Pretty much what it all boils down to
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I try not to let too many slip through cause waves are limited.
    Says the guy in Santa Cruz. Ha! #surferfirstworldproblems

Mkay.

Yes. Dick move.

If you paddle for a wave, you return to the line up. Some guys don’t get it.

I have a couple of buddies who will do this to each other. They are both competitive, and bicker from time to time. Either guy will miss a wave, then paddle back out and whip in behind the other one. This has to do with how they interact. Honestly they could have a head a head high Aframe in Newport with consistent sets to themselves and they would STILL find a way to get in each other's way. It is actually kind of funny.

I do think this maneuver is kind of lame if someone is lined up for a wave they are clearly going to catch. But yeah, there is some grey area.

I tend to be pretty nonconfrontational in the lineup, but even I have my limits.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."