Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1728
    I just finished mounting shifts on some ON3P's that had STH1's. I haven't heard any reports back on this, so thought I'd throw this out here.

For the toe you can reuse the rearward holes from the STH's for the 2 middle holes for the shifts. They seem to be a perfect match.

For the heel, the most rearward holes conflict. Since the heal on the shift had 30mm, I just moved the template about 16mm forward.

Top is towards the tip of the ski, dots are over the old STH mounting holes, X's are shift mounting holes, Circle w/ X are the shared toe holes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shift template.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	401343

I used the template for the toe as it's printed at my 326 BSL, but moved the heel template forward about 16mm, so I'm putting the 309 mark on the line to get this offset. You can see where I punched out at 340 to move them back for my first attempt, but didn't like where the heel ended up in the track.

Name:	rear template.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	670.8 KB 
ID:	401344

This is how the heel piece ended up, not much room for a bigger boot, by my feet at this point aren't getting any bigger, and I just got new boots. I'd rather have more brake/heel on the track than less.

Name:	shift heel final.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	900.9 KB 
ID:	401345

SoVT thanks for your response before, I was attempting to respond using my phone and ended up deleting my original post. I considered what you said, but ended up with Shifts. We'll see how it goes. I have some friends on them and they're not having any issues. I'll report back.

Also thanks to Lucknau and I think Knut for the template. It's perfect. I went with 65,5 mm from toe hole to center holes. I have no idea why Salomon didn't make the large cutout a little smaller and the slot a little longer, but I agree it really seems 66ish is where it should land.

Wanting to mount look pivot 18 with inserts.

295mm bsl.

I want the option to convert to cast with a slightly longer (to be determined but likely only 300 bsl.)

Any suggestions as to bsl mount length?

In other words, are the paper templates designed to mount in the middle of the forward pressure adjustment range? If so, then that's perfect since i would prefer boot sole center to be correct at the 295 length.

I mounted my last pair several years ago and can't remember if i did it at exactly 295 or not.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Wanting to mount look pivot 18 with inserts.

295mm bsl.

I want the option to convert to cast with a slightly longer (to be determined but likely only 300 bsl.)

Any suggestions as to bsl mount length?

In other words, are the paper templates designed to mount in the middle of the forward pressure adjustment range? If so, then that's perfect since i would prefer boot sole center to be correct at the 295 length.

I mounted my last pair several years ago and can't remember if i did it at exactly 295 or not.

pretty sure it’s 14mm of travel total in adjustment. Try a 2x4 but I would mount my toe piece using the 295 sole on the line and then slide the heel back 2mm and mount the heel at a 297. That will put you on the line for the 295 and should be able to take that 300 with enough forward pressure

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    pretty sure it’s 14mm of travel total in adjustment. Try a 2x4 but I would mount my toe piece using the 295 sole on the line and then slide the heel back 2mm and mount the heel at a 297. That will put you on the line for the 295 and should be able to take that 300 with enough forward pressure
    Thank you

Went 297.5 and adjusted the mount point to place the 295 on the line.

Future proofing for cast in a slightly longer bsl... just in case

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Maybe it's done before, but based on the measurements from Spyderjon and the Binding Freedom paper template for the ordinary Duke I put together a paper template for the Duke PT. Own no binding to test the pattern myself, so make sure to verify before you drill!

marker_duke_PT_paper_template.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by d0wner View Post
    Nice! Thank you.

Anyone have luck on the Marker Duke PT template, please. I am looking for one. Scanned the pages back a few years and dont see one.
    In the unlikely event that you're still looking - see post above.

Any templates for a Strive or Strive demo? Specifically curious about shared holes or lack of conflict with a Shift. Sure would be nice.

does anyone know if the atk/moment voyager 14 will mount close to recommended line for a ski with dynatfit radical 2.0s?

I tried to look back to see if this was mentioned, but the Jester R5 has the same issue that it did a few years ago. The heel is a bit too long. You will be on the very inside end of the track to get the forward pressure right. I moved the heel up about 7mm (“15” bsl mm on the guide) to land my heel in the middle of the track.

Anyone have a Ski Trab Titan Vario 2 binding template?

Having a real difficult time track this one down.

Does anyone have a template for plum pika?

Only shop in SLC with plum jigs wants $65 for a mount.

Edit: nevermind they're available from plum online

I just used the Marker Duke EPF paper template from BindingFreedom to mount up a Marker Tour F12 EPF. The only issue I found was that the heel screw pattern is a little longer on the Tour EPF than on the paper template. I just moved the back screws further aft by .04" or so.

To be clear, the regular Marker F12 Tour template seemed to be way, way off, which is why I tried the Duke EPF template.

Hope that helps someone.

Does anyone know anything about mounting patterns for the atomic "colt 12"? Friend asked me to mount their skis and I have never heard of this binding and can't find any templates.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does the Tyrolia Attack 11, 13 & 14 all use the same template?

I made a skitrab vario 2 template based on the powderguide templates. I only verified it with 300BSL. It could be way off with other BSLs. Verify it before drilling. Hole patterns as listed on https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns

Link: https://ufile.io/6bsyqbem

I searched around a bit here but still need to ask:

Can someone point towards the most up to date template version for the 2022 Techton? The most recent template I could find is from 2017. I’m not sure if there have been changes to the layout between the years. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    I searched around a bit here but still need to ask:
    Can someone point towards the most up to date template version for the 2022 Techton? The most recent template I could find is from 2017. I’m not sure if there have been changes to the layout between the years. Thanks!
    Definitely not trying to be a smart-ass - but you know you can print it and lay the binding on the printout and get a pretty good idea, right?
    It'll take you about 5m, tops.

If the pattern didn't change, it is pretty unlikely that the toe/heel spacing did. (Not impossible, for sure, but unlikely, IMO.)

Yes I have a print out to check. Flame away

stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    Yes I have a print out to check. Flame away
    Since I've authored a number of templates (but not that one), it seemed good to suggest some ideas that allow for self-service. You get a quicker answer and no one has to take time to answer a question you could probably answer/do-the-work yourself.

It's amazing how often some dude drops into one of the template threads for my templates and posts some crazy question like: "Why doesn't your template work for my setup!??!" But neglected to even read the thread or the binding template carefully to see that the thread and template they were complaining about wasn't even the same brand/model as the binding they were trying to mount.

It doesn't work? Imagine that!

I'm unsure if you're chapped because I thought you might like a way to likely answer your own question (quick and easy even), or that I pointed out an obvious step you seem to have missed?
    It could be both, I guess.
    Last edited by gregorys; 08-18-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Does anyone have a template for the Dynafit ST Rotation Demo or rental bindings? I've been looking, but have not been able to find one

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah...

Quote Originally Posted by kolkritan View Post
    Maybe it's done before, but based on the measurements from Spyderjon and the Binding Freedom paper template for the ordinary Duke I put together a paper template for the Duke PT. Own no binding to test the pattern myself, so make sure to verify before you drill!

marker_duke_PT_paper_template.pdf
    Anyone else had luck with template?
    Looks like its missing a center screw hole
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Any templates for a Strive or Strive demo? Specifically curious about shared holes or lack of conflict with a Shift. Sure would be nice.
    Bump on this. Any Strive Demo template?

Curious about slapping a strive demo on a ski with existing holes.

Although I suppose it doesn't matter as you can always slide it around a bit...but it would be nice to have the stated settings on the binding match the recommended mount line.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Bump on this. Any Strive Demo template?

Curious about slapping a strive demo on a ski with existing holes.

Although I suppose it doesn't matter as you can always slide it around a bit...but it would be nice to have the stated settings on the binding match the recommended mount line.
    Bump because I'd like to know this too.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    I made a skitrab vario 2 template based on the powderguide templates. I only verified it with 300BSL. It could be way off with other BSLs. Verify it before drilling. Hole patterns as listed on https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns

Link: https://ufile.io/6bsyqbem
    Thanks!

Anyone have a xenic template??

searched the google docs and forums, but it was to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk