Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    question on the salomon template: is the center hole for the brake actually needed (to be drilled)?
    That center hole is not the same one for the brakes. Its slightly behind the brake hole and is only for the 5 hole bindings (as others mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    That center hole is not the same one for the brakes. Its slightly behind the brake hole and is only for the 5 hole bindings (as others mentioned).
    got it. i didn't realize there were two types and just eyeballing the binding it seemed that 5 was the right number due to the brake screw. i didn't think to line up the binding on the template to check.

if you like, maybe make a note on the template for the next person.

thanks for the excellent work

There is a good chance I am slightly retarded so I thought I would ask. I have a pair of Rossignol Freeski2 140 XXl bindings, which template would work?

Jon,

RE Dynafit Radical Template
    As I said in PM I rechecked the revised radical template on an ST toe - seems to be too long now
    I measured 39 x 30 mm (fore-aft x side-side) for hole spacing (with ruler not caliper)

Note: my printer scaling is off ever so slightly (less than 1mm short over 20cm ~ 0.5%). Seems your original may be right or pretty darn close. If so I apologize for misleading last time around.

Hopefully someone else with a toe piece or a jig will weigh in.

Just a heads up: my current printer stretches the templates slightly when printing. Never had this problem with my previous two printers, but now I need to scale height to 101% and width to 103% in Photoshop to print correctly. I'm duplicating a horizontal scale on anything I print now so I can double check. A horizontal scale would be a good addition to any template revisions from now on.

Yes, it's probably that my printer sucks balls, but just a heads up in case yours does too. Measure height and width on the template, then sight the crosshairs through your binding baseplate, then mark and drill.

Many thanks to jondrums for this awesome thread. My housemates and I have used probably 6-8 of these in the last month or two, all mounts done without a hitch.

Cash saved going towards a house monoski perhaps?

Jester template worked great. Thanks

bump to pg one

duke/baron template went well. inserts are inserted.

thanks thanks

FKS/Pivot template worked great. Thanks for the templates!

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    RE Dynafit Radical Template
    As I said in PM I rechecked the revised radical template on an ST toe - seems to be too long now
    I measured 39 x 30 mm (fore-aft x side-side) for hole spacing (with ruler not caliper)
    I got the chance to verify this with a real binding in person. The spacing should be 39x30 exactly. I updated the template, but am unable to attach it to the first post for some reason.

Its weird that people were calling for another .75mm forward. My current assumption is that there are some radical bindings floating around with slightly different hole locations.

Is the updated template floating around online somewhere?

Thanks again for all your work. Much appreciated.

Since file attachments seems to be broken, I can't update the files in the first post. I also host all the templates here:

techinfo.bindingfreedom.com

i need marker squire 2012 template, please someone can share

First, thank you thank you thank you.

Second, I wonder what is considered acceptable slop tolerance? My print came out about 198/200, but my print driver panel doesn't have percent scaling box. I just tested the px 12 template and they are fine but that is in plain soft wood, not the ski where the metal skin might have less tolerance? I'm sure I can work it out, but it's interesting.

Anyway, these are the bomb and beat the hell out of the available alternatives. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by codma View Post
    Same than Jester/Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by codma View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think its the same as jester.

Thanks jondrums.

Mounted my superbros & fks with your template, a taped 5/32" bit, and some loctite marine. Cheaper and quicker than the local shop.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think its the same as jester.
    YES it is!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

i used some fr+ pro templates that didn't work for me, had to go back to freehand for succes$. i will reinvestigate my isues later. thanks jondrumns for having available mounting aids available.
    bobbyf

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i used some fr+ pro templates that didn't work for me, had to go back to freehand for succes$. i will reinvestigate my isues later.f
    Freeride Plus is a different pattern than Freeride Pro.

There's no such thing as a Freeride+ Pro. Which one do you have? (Black/Red, or White/Red?)

Just mounted up my new praxis bps! This will be my pov all pow season.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-j...7133054502.jpg

Thanks for the templates. Made it much quicker and easier than measuring everything

Big up jondrums!
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Thanks for the guide!
    I didn't find a template for my bindings though (Head Mojo 11) so I made my own.
    These are 100%, just tried them on my skis and they fit perfectly!
    Hope I was allowed to use bindingfreedom's templates to make my own.

You can find them on: http://www.klumpen.se/Other/Unprotected/

Used the Radical info the other night. R2 is $$$.

Thanks Jon!

Posting this in the Plum thread and paper template thread for reference:

I just finished a more accurate test mount of my 11/12 Plums. The Plum R1 template is a little out for both toe and heel so I used the Dynafit R2 template instead. The toe is correct. The heel required the rear two holes to be moved back 0.75mm (9px at 300ppi). I don't have a 4mm key/spacer but with a ruler this adjusted template looks to give a 4mm heel gap with the heel in the middle of the track. My boot's midsole mark is a little off (thanks Marshall), so fore/aft positioning is correct.

NOTE: My printer is an absolute piece of shit, and I have to do some weird scaling in order to print any template true-to-size. I'm pretty confident this is irrelevant to the above adjustments, but someone should verify my findings before publishing a definitive Plum 11/12 template.