Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pault View Post
    Wondering where I could track down a Dynafit TLT Vertical Race Ti Binding template? Picked up a pair for next to nothing at a ski swap and need the mount to be dead on because there is no adjustment fore and aft on the heel as you know.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
    paul...the new dynafit jigs now have the rear hole pattern for these bindings on them. it might be worth taking your setup to a shop with one for this mount?

(edit: this appears to be false.)
    Last edited by randosteve; 11-14-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Teton AT
    Live to Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by pault View Post
    Wondering where I could track down a Dynafit TLT Vertical Race Ti Binding template? Picked up a pair for next to nothing at a ski swap and need the mount to be dead on because there is no adjustment fore and aft on the heel as you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by randosteve View Post
    paul...the new dynafit jigs now have the rear hole pattern for these bindings on them. it might be worth taking your setup to a shop with one for this mount?
    The new Dynafit jig does *not* have the pattern for those old fixed-position bindings.
    My technique for mounting a fixed-position Dynafit heel has been to mount the toe first (as with all rando race bindings and other fixed-position heels), then snug up the binding heel against the boot heel with the appropriate gap shim. I mark the center of each hole, but then I drill with whatever random jig in my collection matches the Left<>Right spacing. (A Dynafit jig actually matches the spacing for the older four-hold Low Tech Race heel and Low Tech Lite heel, although I don't know if your binding has the same L<>R spacing as that.)

are you sure js? i will have to double check at the shop, we just got a new jig in a couple weeks ago, but i thought i remember it having this pattern on it. coincidentally, there is a remount to do with these same bindings on the to-do rack, so it will be easy to compare the holes.

for the record, i typically mount these binders the same way as you state above, but there is still room for some error in doing so and am usually keeping my fingers crossed until it's all said and done.
    Teton AT
    Live to Ski!

I don't have it yet, but Dynafit (U.S.) wrote me that:
    "There is a new jig that does Radical, Vertical, Demo, etc and is color coded w/ a line diagram on the jig. Pretty much the only thing it doesn’t do is the old 4-screw race heel pattern."
    Would be kind of strange also if they came out with a new jig that bothered to incorporate the pattern for discontinued bindings that were never in very wide circulation.
    At the time, two different jigs were available for their various fixed-heel patterns:
    #48178 for Race Ti, Speed Lite, Low Tech [and by extension the later Low Tech Lite]
    #48179 for Vertical Race Ti
    There was also (briefly) a Vertical Lite -- I don't know which pattern that shared.

gotcha. there are so many different dynafit hole patterns now (as well as so many options on the new jig) that i figured one was this pattern. i guess we can't throw away those old jigs just yet. thanks.
    Teton AT
    Live to Ski!

Your shop has one of the old Dynafit fixed-heel-position jigs? I had thought those were Euro-only distribution given how rare those bindings were here. (Or did the Low Tech Race have more of a following out West?)

Looking for a salomon demo template.....is it the same as the standard solly?
    "Shredding the Gnar Like the Cowboys We Are"
    www.alaskaheliskiing.com

Jonathan/Steve
    Can either of you guys provide some guidance on the hole locations and spacing for the dynafit demos? I've been keeping an eye out for beta on this

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineTom View Post
    I did one once, but I never mounted the binding in the end. So consider it being not verified.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Between the template & video, Baron's practically mounted themselves.

Can't thank you guys enough for this incredible resource.

Jondrums - question for you:

I wanted to get the proper fasteners for an order I'm trying to put together. I need to get the proper screws for my Rossi Axial2 200 XXLs. In short, they have an FKS toe and the dildo heel with track, also known as the LOOK PX Race heel. What screw would you recommend so I can put together the proper kit?

Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineTom View Post
    Completely different.

Hey, by chance does anyone have an MFD Alltime template or measurements? (FKS)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I wanted to get the proper fasteners for an order I'm trying to put together. I need to get the proper screws for my Rossi Axial2 200 XXLs. In short, they have an FKS toe and the dildo heel with track, also known as the LOOK PX Race heel. What screw would you recommend so I can put together the proper kit?
    I don't know because I don't have those bindings. I'm going to want to know sooner or later, so if you figure it out, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    I don't know because I don't have those bindings. I'm going to want to know sooner or later, so if you figure it out, let me know.
    Copy that. I'll email you through the site so we can figure out the proper lengths. As far as I can tell, the toe would be the same as any FKS toe, as would two of the heel screws. The latter two of the heel is where a much longer screw is needed ...

I am trying to see if a ski will take another mount for a buyer. I printed of the solly template but can't seem to get the scaling right. I find the scaling under the properties tab but it is all greyed out and I am not able to minipulate. I tried to look under theprint settings but that got me nowhere as well. Any thoughts from the collective.

what OS and what PDF viewer? ^^

Vista and 9

I may have missed this but PX12 demo vs. stock....any template out there? Just picked up some for the demo fleet and need to get to mounting.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Just remounted my JJs with your look px racing template. Thanks for all your hard work.

Dukes to JJs....perfect mount. Thanks Jon. The tools I got off bindingfreedom were money. Dan

Was just doing a set of Plum's on some Concepts and am a little perplexed. Scaling looked perfect but when I did a dry layup, bindings over template, they were a little off. It was like the template was just a little smaller than the holes in the binders even though the scale was spot on.

Has anyone used the Dynafit template and if so, did it line up? Almost any other binder and I'd just go for it but I've already had the unpleasant experience of being just a hair off with a Dynafit mount and don't want to have to deal with another "trying to line up the heel with the pins" scenario.

Anybody have luck fitting inserts for the PLUM guide/dynafit/onyx and 916S on the same ski? Printed out the templates and I can't see how I could do it without going like 4cm forward/back.

The dynafit template hasn't changed in a long long time. I've personally several successful mounts with it.

Some people like to mount the toes first, then install the boot and do the heels to match.