Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    It would be very cool to make this sticky and put all the links to different jigs listed throughout in the first post - two groups in alphabetical order. Verified ones in the top group, untested in the bottom group.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    GHSTRCN -
    a little more detail could help me a lot:
    *are you talking about the FKS template?
    *did you just have to move the HeelPiece mount back? how much?
    *Was the BSL in the right place, based on the BSL?
    Thanks

Sorry for the late response. The mount has been working great since!

But yes, I used the FKS template and to get my 305mm boots to fit with the right forward pressure, I had to move back the heel piece quite a bit, about 3/4 to the end of its range of movement. That's probably normal, just seemed like a lot of adjustment at the time...

When I set up the jig, I hole punched the 305mm bsl line, then lined it up straight with the 305mm line on the other sheet. My inaccuracy could have been from an error of mine, like punching the pilot holes or drilling in not 100% at 90º...

Considering the bindings did fit and hold strong, I thank you a ton! I have the Duke mounting template printed out and hope to use it for my touring setup!

Thanks for the awesome jigs

Confirmed and mounted PX15 bindings using the Look PX / Axial 2 template. You need to take the heel template and move the rear most screws centre forward until it's 8.2cm from the forward holes...ie, the forward and rear holes on the heel template should be 8.2cm apart. The did not affect boot centre. Worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    I don't have a jig, only going off paper templates posted here.

I took a closer looker today. The toe piece lines up fine for either template.

RE: PX 15 racing
    The heel piece screws do not match up on either template. If you take the Look PX / Axial 2 heel template, and move the rear most screw centre 8.2 cm forward, it should work. I'm not sure if or how this would affect the boot centre measurements. I can't add onto the template due to it being read only on my cp, but with a bit of simple measuring and marking it's a piece of cake to add onto the printed template by hand.

Unfortunately I don't have time to mount up a test before I head to work, but I will do that when I get home in 3 weeks and confirm.

*disclaimer, if you use this measurement and fuck it, too bad for you as I have not verified it yet, and I am totally jacked up on caffiene while I was measuring it.
    Last edited by time2clmb; 11-17-2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: error

get up, stand up

I have the PX14 racing bindings (dynastar badged XXL model). Everything matches the PX jig except for the rearmost heel screws, but moving them 8.2 cm forward is definitely not the answer-way too far. Half of that (~4.1cm) might be about right. would it be reasonable to use the binding itself as the jig? line up the front holes and then mark the rear ones through the screw hole? or am I just measure-tarded?
    Last edited by Horu; 11-16-2009 at 10:04 PM.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

wow, i did not realize there were so many types of look PX bindings. Can anyone point me to a explanation of the various bindings as they pertain to hole patterns. I can make the 8.2cm modified look template, but what should I call it - PX Racing?

So this means I can mount any px/axial2 binding on my rossi WC I-box?

Quote Originally Posted by Horu View Post
    I have the PX14 racing bindings (dynastar badged XXL model). Everything matches the PX jig except for the rearmost heel screws, but moving them 8.2 cm forward is definitely not the answer-way too far. Half of that (~4.1cm) might be about right. would it be reasonable to use the binding itself as the jig? line up the front holes and then mark the rear ones through the screw hole? or am I just measure-tarded?
    Whoa fuck...I meant to say that the distance between front and rear holes should be 8.2 cm apart. Leave the forward holes where they are and the rear ones measure 8.2cm back from those inline with the existing screw centres. Sorry for the confusion

Jondrums, my binding are the PX15, and they do say racing on them...so calling them that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Whoa fuck...I meant to say that the distance between front and rear holes should be 8.2 cm apart. Leave the forward holes where they are and the rear ones measure 8.2cm back from those inline with the existing screw centres. Sorry for the confusion
    That looks to be right-i'll finish up the mount tonight and let y'all know how it goes. Thanks! Thank god for some uniformity-i'd already drilled the toe holes when I figured out the heel was wrong. Thanks to Jondrums for creating this resource, it's pretty slick.

edit-
    well, the screws went in the holes, so I guess it must've been right .
    Last edited by Horu; 11-18-2009 at 12:32 AM.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

Somebody, please check and verify the Look PX Racing template I just posted - based on time2clmb's measurements.
    Thanks!

BamBam_540 or someone else, please double check my FKS template. I fixed it based on all the feedback - and the heel was indeed in the wrong place.

Mojo template added. This is based on measurements made by rludes025 from his Tyrolia jig. He reports that in his experience, the tyrolia jig boot center is 15mm ahead of the actual boot center because it is based on HEAD boots which have a screwy center mark. I took this into account, so the template represents a correct mount for normal boot center marks. Confirmation?

posting to bookmark this for when i get my plates...

nice work, jondrums!

Big thanks to Jondrums and everyone else that has contributed here! Just mounted some axial 12s with the px12 jig last night and it was perfect.

gracias.

Dont use the mojo jig

I will update this post when its corrected.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Somebody, please check and verify the Look PX Racing template I just posted - based on time2clmb's measurements.
    Thanks!

Checked against mine that are already mounted.
    -printed template
    -checked bsl distance from boot centre mark on ski to screw centre on heel and on toe and it matches the template
    -checked all distances between screws on template against those on bindings

Looks perfect. This thread is awesome. Thanks again for the templates.

I just glanced over this whole thread, and didn't see it, but what about the pre-Duke high-DIN (18s and 20s) Marker race bindings. They are currently called the Comp 20.0. Anyone have a template for those?

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Dont use the mojo jig

I will update this post when its corrected.

bump for peak/mojo jig.

Thanks!
    His measurement will work. The px racing/sas2 140 rear mount holes have a range of about 2-2.5mm to use. There is not a fixed metal hole to mount to. They have a C shaped metal tab that kind of clamps the metal heel track between a plastic heel riser thingy. You can slide the metal tab back and forth from tip to tail about 2.5mm. The 82mm measurement is with the tab slid as far back as it will go.

I have mounted a pair of px racing 14 and sas2 140 using 80.5mm. I think if you make the rear holes 81mm center to center from the front it will be right in the middle of the range for the rear hole.

^this was my experience. The 8.2 cm was dead on if I measured from the front of the forward hole, but a little far back if I measured center to center. 8.0 was close for mid to mid, but 8.1 would probably be fine too.
    -Notchtop

Thanks guys, I revised the PX_Racing template based on InMyUndies and Horu's feedback.

The rear spacing is now 81mm. The template will remain untested until someone successfully mounts a binding using it.

I might become the guinea pig for that. Planning to mount my Squads with PX18s this weekend. 81mm sounds about right.

3 hole Salomon toe

I couldn't find this anywhere so here it is

I'm mounting some STH14 with the three screw toe (I think also the STH12 and z12). The two back holes are the same as the other salomons and the third is 74 mm on the centerline from the line bisecting the back 2 holes. This is a snapper hair away from the paper edge on jondrums template but it works. Thanks jondrums
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

bump for mojo/peak template
    i want to mount some skis!

Bump for Jester template.