Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1727
    I have an old pair of Pivot 18s that I need to replace. Their hole pattern matches the FKS template here (just only 4 toe screws, though). I was thinking about going to a Pivot 14, but want to use the same holes. Do the newer Pivot 14 AW bindings have the same pattern as the older P18/FKS bindings (ie. the FKS template here), or will they have the Look Pivot/Axial pattern... or something different? Sorry for the Jong question, but couldn't confirm the answer with a search. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    ...Do the newer Pivot 14 AW bindings have the same pattern as the older P18/FKS bindings (ie. the FKS template here)...
    I think YES.
    Personally, I have unmounted Look P14 WTR from a ski, and re-used all those holes to insert a Look ZR DIN=15...and I think that scenario is equivalent to your scenario.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I think YES.
    Personally, I have unmounted Look P14 WTR from a ski, and re-used all those holes to insert a Look ZR DIN=15...and I think that scenario is equivalent to your scenario.

Awesome. Thanks!
    I'm gonna give it a try and I'll post back results either way.
    Last edited by Rob D!; 12-19-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Add detail

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    No, it doesn't

The heel piece of the Warden 11 is different. I am currently working on a template that accomodates the Warden11
    Will this work with the Warden 11 MNC?

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Damnstraight View Post
    Junior Maker Free template? Mounting nephews skis and can’t seem to find anything... or advice on making my own?
    Should be same as Marker "M" series. There's a template out there for that.
    Last edited by lucknau; 12-19-2018 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Fixing phone fat fingering

I mounted a pair with the template yesterday and I think the hole pattern for the heel piece is 7 mm too far back compared to the jig.
    The result is that the brake assembly will sit too far forward on the base plate rails and have less support than intended.

Don't have access to the jig for some time now so I can't measure exactly.
    But I have two pair of skis where one was mounted with jig and one with the template and they differ by 7 mm for the heel.
    Boot center lines up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post
    I mounted a pair with the template yesterday and I think the hole pattern for the heel piece is 7 mm too far back compared to the jig.
    The result is that the brake assembly will sit too far forward on the base plate rails and have less support than intended.

But I have two pair of skis where one was mounted with jig and one with the template and they differ by 7 mm for the heel.
    Which paper template version did you use? (Link? Version number?)

Do you have a picture of the paper template set up on your skis? (I'm wondering if the rear piece of paper was not closed or lined up for the correct bsl.)
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Which paper template version did you use? (Link? Version number?)

Do you have a picture of the paper template set up on your skis? (I'm wondering if the rear piece of paper was not closed or lined up for the correct bsl.)
    I used the current version. Opened it in Illustrator and cut a decal in the vinyl cutter with the hole patterns spaced and lined up for my boot sole.
    Printed the paper templates and double checked that they were identical with the sticker I cut. Test mounted on a piece of wood.

I have a few more mounts to do so it's nice to have a stack of template stickers ready when I have the equipment for it.

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post

Not sure what's happening there. I haven't experienced what you're describing. I test mounted a few different boot sizes when making the template and they all end up in the center of the 30mm adjustment range when mounted. Is it possible that the BSL stamped on your boot is not accurate?

Edit:
    Also, if your adjustment is within the 30mm range, then the brakes are going to be on the track as designed. Probably do need some photos to understand what you're observing.

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
    Will this work with the Warden 11 MNC?
    I don't see why it should not. The bindings look basically the same.

But I can't be sure without having both for a side-by-side comparison -which I don't have, unfortunately.

Got the measurements for LTR 2.0, so I spent some downtime doing this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low tech race 2.0 template.pdf 
Views:	983 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	261274

hmm - never had this problem before with a template. All dimensions verify except for the BSL. Joined the two halves together on the 315 BSL line, and toe line to heel line measures 286?
    https://goo.gl/cDzYZS
    Religion Is Poison

Quote Originally Posted by MotionJunky View Post
    hmm - never had this problem before with a template. All dimensions verify except for the BSL. Joined the two halves together on the 315 BSL line, and toe line to heel line measures 286?
    Thanks. Someone gave me those specs for the toe and heel line. I just slapped them on and didn't verify. I obviously put them in the wrong place, and he obviously didn't QC my shoddy work too critically. I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MotionJunky View Post
    Okay, it's fixed. Same link, new file. Can you verify it for me? Mine are mounted and I'm not gonna unmount them to check.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Okay, it's fixed. Same link, new file. Can you verify it for me? Mine are mounted and I'm not gonna unmount them to check.
    Wait, was the BSL scale off, or was it just the heel/toe lines?

Quote Originally Posted by jk View Post
    Wait, was the BSL scale off, or was it just the heel/toe lines?
    Just the heel toe lines.

Thanks - I did mount the Shifts tonight, and your revised template looks good.
    Religion Is Poison

Can somebody guide me to the correct paper template for some older Rossi axiom scratch 200 bindings. I’m not sure which look template to use. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Can somebody guide me to the correct paper template for some older Rossi axiom scratch 200 bindings. I’m not sure which look template to use. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    For my own future searching, the rossi axiom scratch 200 has the same pattern as the look px/axial 2 template

Anyone got a lead on marker alpinist?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    markr rep skis sun valley much but not a mag
    Surprising given all the love shown to marker around here.....

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Anyone got a lead on marker alpinist?
    It's basically a Kingpin as it uses the same toe holes and two of the four heel holes with another two needed. Not in my shop at the mo so and can't recall if the tow heel holes it uses are the forward or rear ones.

If you PM me your bsl and your email address I'll make you a template and scan/email it to you.

Haven't checked this full thread but has anyone got a template for the Salomon MTN tech binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Haven't checked this full thread but has anyone got a template for the Salomon MTN tech binding?
    Here's Knut's Salomon MTN in his full template library.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Woohoo. Cheers, Terry