Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1727
    Atomic Backland tour is a rebranded Salomon MTN. There should be templates for that.

Tried some searches, anyone have a template for a Look HM Rotation 12, I think its the same as the Dynafit Rotation , but I cant find either. Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by bmtroublemaker; 01-14-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmtroublemaker View Post
    Tried some searches, anyone have a template for a Look HM Rotation 12, I think its the same as the Dynafit Rotation , but I cant find either. Can anyone help me out?
    Dynafit Radical 2.0 is the template you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    Dynafit Radical 2.0 is the template you want.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bmtroublemaker; 01-15-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    Atomic Backland tour is a rebranded Salomon MTN. There should be templates for that.
    I found Knut's template for the Atomic/Salomon MTN, but having trouble printing to the correct scale. Any printing tips? Thx
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

Usually in Acrobat, you select the "actual size" in the Acrobat print dialog.
    If you're not using Acrobat, but some other product, you might try Acrobat instead.

And if that doesn't produce the proper size, you can simply use trial-and-error - printing at a specific scaling percentage, and then using a ruler to measure a long-ish dimension on the printed output to see if they match. If not, adjust the scale up or down as needed until you get close.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Usually in Acrobat, you select the "actual size" in the Acrobat print dialog.
    If you're not using Acrobat, but some other product, you might try Acrobat instead.

And if that doesn't produce the proper size, you can simply use trial-and-error - printing at a specific scaling percentage, and then using a ruler to measure a long-ish dimension on the printed output to see if they match. If not, adjust the scale up or down as needed until you get close.
    Printing with Adobe, actual size worked. Thanks!
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    STH2 Template Measurements - Compare my picture of the binding lined up with my template compared to the one further up with Powderguide's. Can judge for yourself. Unfortunately my templates are all in Solidworks, at some point if I get around to making some on some free drafting software I'll post them up.

Will be my last post about this- here's how I got my numbers (I measured these out more in depth 2 years ago (see post above), did the ones below in 5 minutes while taking pics with one hand).

Measured distance between innermost part of the front two holes (36.77mm), then of the rear two holes (34.24mm). I then added the diameter of one hole (5.6mm) to each number to get the final distance between the centers of the front holes (42.37mm) and the rear holes (39.84mm).

Both are slightly narrower (~.15mm) than my measurements I posted earlier.

Attachment 202303

Attachment 202304

Attachment 202305

For the distance front holes to back (30mm), I measured the distance between the lateral support struts, then added the thickness of one of the struts (1.13mm) to get the longitudinal distance between the two struts as well as their associated holes (31.13mm). So this measurement was a little longer than my old one.

Attachment 202306

Attachment 202307

If I'd ~average all these measurements for a new toe template I'd have:

Front hole width: 42.5mm

Rear hole width: 40.00mm

Front to back hole length: 31mm

I imagine these are the measurements Salomon's engineers orignally designed the bindings with - wouldn;t make sense to have odd '.03' mm numbers

Attachment 202308
    Is this template specific to 295 BSL? If so, can you share it with me?

Binding Mount Paper Templates

Quote Originally Posted by el duderino View Post
    Is this template specific to 295 BSL? If so, can you share it with me?
    I have the base template adjusted for the STH2 binding layout tool and will get that posted a little later today.

Edit: DOH! See post 1640 in this thread. I did post the STH2 template already.

FTR and To tie these together, check out this thread on the STH2 hole layout discrepancies.

“Minimum & Maximum Boot Sole Lengths”

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=6756623

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Anyone have a source for Tyrolia Protector on PR rails. Demo template I found around here, referencing Protector, does not fit (front part seems the correct pattern - rear on what I got is the same pattern).
    I guess I could experiment on a 2x4, but hard to guess distances needed.

To be clear;
    You're talking the Tyrolia Protector PR, not the Protector Attack, right? [Because the Attack1/2 demo pattern fits the Protector Attack.]

As for messing around and seeing about your own template.
    There are some threads - I think Alpinord has one somewhere.
    But getting the heel/toe distance right is probably the hardest. (And it's not hard.)
    A cheap pair of caplipers is pretty easy to get the hole measurements for the heel or toe.

For heel-to-toe distance.
    Get a large enough piece of paper (tape some together, perhaps) that will fit the toe+heel+boot between.
    An extra pair of hands is handy, but not required.

-- If it's a non-demo binding, make sure you do the measurement with the adjustable range in the middle.
    -- For demo's, put the toe/heel in the right "notch" for the BSL.
    Put the toe of the boot in the toe piece and hold the boot up, like you're going to step into the heel. Move the heel up till the heel of the boot, is a few mm from the heel cup.

Carefully move the boot out of the way and mark on the paper the outline of the heel+toe. Careful not to shift the heel or toe so you get the most accurate read.

You'll have a little figuring/tinkering to figure out the spacing from the screws on the heel to the screws on the toe, but I'd guess you can figure it out. You can always go back to re-check something, if you carefully outlined the heel and toe/rails.

I have used Illustrator, in the past because it's easy to use and print, and I know it pretty well.
    CAD can work too.
    Inkscape is free, and is the equivalent of Illustrator - worth it, if you don't have a good alternative method.

Once you've got a printable template, print it and do a test mount on a board. You'll see where you need to adjust things pretty quickly.
    Make the small adjustments to the pattern and toe-heel spacing and iterate until you're happy.

I can do one in under an hour, if I don't have to re-install software, or something else needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    To be clear;
    You're talking the Tyrolia Protector PR, not the Protector Attack, right? [Because the Attack1/2 demo pattern fits the Protector Attack.]

As for messing around and seeing about your own template.
    There are some threads - I think Alpinord has one somewhere.
    But getting the heel/toe distance right is probably the hardest. (And it's not hard.)
    A cheap pair of caplipers is pretty easy to get the hole measurements for the heel or toe.

For heel-to-toe distance.
    Get a large enough piece of paper (tape some together, perhaps) that will fit the toe+heel+boot between.
    An extra pair of hands is handy, but not required.

-- If it's a non-demo binding, make sure you do the measurement with the adjustable range in the middle.
    -- For demo's, put the toe/heel in the right "notch" for the BSL.
    Put the toe of the boot in the toe piece and hold the boot up, like you're going to step into the heel. Move the heel up till the heel of the boot, is a few mm from the heel cup.

Carefully move the boot out of the way and mark on the paper the outline of the heel+toe. Careful not to shift the heel or toe so you get the most accurate read.

You'll have a little figuring/tinkering to figure out the spacing from the screws on the heel to the screws on the toe, but I'd guess you can figure it out. You can always go back to re-check something, if you carefully outlined the heel and toe/rails.

I have used Illustrator, in the past because it's easy to use and print, and I know it pretty well.
    CAD can work too.
    Inkscape is free, and is the equivalent of Illustrator - worth it, if you don't have a good alternative method.

Once you've got a printable template, print it and do a test mount on a board. You'll see where you need to adjust things pretty quickly.
    Make the small adjustments to the pattern and toe-heel spacing and iterate until you're happy.

I can do one in under an hour, if I don't have to re-install software, or something else needs fixing.
    Right. PR, not demo Attack. For regular attacks I have Jigarex.

I have mounted such bindings prior by just making own template on a 2x4, but that is a lot of extra fuss. I thought trying to solicit a ready made one would be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
    Right. PR, not demo Attack. For regular attacks I have Jigarex.
    I have mounted such bindings prior by just making own template on a 2x4, but that is a lot of extra fuss. I thought trying to solicit a ready made one would be worth trying.
    Hopefully someone will have one.
    But doing them the way I suggested is pretty quick. The other benefit is that when you're done, you can easily share the template for others.
    Free-handing one on a board and paper? Not so much.

I just measured then created a template and mounted up a new set of Tyrolia Protector PR13 bindings. The hole pattern looked to me as being 30mm x 100mm for toes and the same for heels separated by 200mm.
    Here is my template, use at your own risk:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProtectorTemplate.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	445105

Don't want to read the entire thread... are the marker Sole ID versions the same mounting pattern as the original?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Binding Mount Paper Templates

ATK FR14 template

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mmQ...w?usp=drivesdk

I made this because factory template was driving me bonkers. Keep in mind that touring boots are a little unpredictable, in terms of where the pins are, and even the BSL. If you want your mount to be dead nuts accurate, do a test mount first and adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by lucknau; 02-04-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Don't want to read the entire thread... are the marker Sole ID versions the same mounting pattern as the original?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke PT question/Confirmation:

Heel Pattern is the same as the Royal-Jester/Griffon/Squire

Toe is a Kingping with it shifted towards the tip by 6.5mm correct?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

How about a Look Rockerace template? Have to pair on the way and need to get them mounted post haste.

Probably been answered 100 times but don’t see it in the previous few pages:

Going to be mounting Pivots for the first time. Used the FKS R8 template for a test mount and looks to me like it’s giving the right results for forward pressure, right in the middle of the adjustment range.

Is that the general consensus - that the template is bang on - or are people adjusting from the template at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Any templates for a Strive or Strive demo? Specifically curious about shared holes or lack of conflict with a Shift. Sure would be nice.
    Another bump on this; mainly want to figure out the toepiece pattern.

Just found the tech manuals for the (non-demo) Strives: Am I understanding correctly that for templates, the Strive 16 follows the Warden 13 and the Strive 14 follows the Warden 11?

Strive 16: https://issuu.com/salomonnz/docs/tec...023/s/17461657
    Strive 14: https://issuu.com/salomonnz/docs/tec...023/s/17461646

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Probably been answered 100 times but don’t see it in the previous few pages:

Going to be mounting Pivots for the first time. Used the FKS R8 template for a test mount and looks to me like it’s giving the right results for forward pressure, right in the middle of the adjustment range.

Is that the general consensus - that the template is bang on - or are people adjusting from the template at all?
    I'm on my 3rd Pivot mount this year. I personally move the rear binding forward 2.5 mm. My boots, for example, are 295BSL. I mount the front using the 295BSL mark and the rear using the 290BSL mark and wont have to adjust forward pressure at all. YMMV
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hewie View Post
    I'm on my 3rd Pivot mount this year. I personally move the rear binding forward 2.5 mm. My boots, for example, are 295BSL. I mount the front using the 295BSL mark and the rear using the 290BSL mark and wont have to adjust forward pressure at all. YMMV
    Dave
    Thanks! May try a test mount like that. Sounds like I won’t have the skis to mount them on until next season now, so I’ve go some time.

Best Way to Edit Existing Template PDF

I'm doing a Strive 16 mount with the google drive Warden 13/STH2 template. Everything lines up perfectly except:

- Front toe holes are 39.7mm apart instead of 40mm
    - Front/back toe holes are 65.6mm apart instead of 65mm

I've seen Inkscape mentioned a few times around here: Is that what I should use to edit the PDF or is there a better way?