Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Anybody working on a template for the new Fritschi Vipec? I'm trying to get a hold of the paper template from Fritschi, no luck yet. I can share that if I successfully procure it.

So I had a go at my own template based on various bits of info. I just need to get the router up and running again and try cutting some holes to see if it works.

I've published the PDF here. Note, you can turn bits on and off using layers.

Checking template scale

Hey Jon, Thanks for putting out the templates. I used to mount my own bindings back in the days when new bindings came with paper templates. Shortly after that, I started making and printing paper templates of my own. One thing I learned back then is not all printers print 1:1 aspect ratio, and it's important to check scale in both directions. With that in mind, could you let us know what the scale is on the marks used to center the binding?

(I may still have some old templates, but I doubt anyone wants templates for M48 Markers or Tyrolia 280's.)

Looking for the STH2

I guess I will just use the old solly toe and free hand the heal

First post, ever. Hopefully the right thread, hopefully I didn't miss this answer tucked away somewhere.

I have a 2012 Marker F12, it's the black plastic, one year before the current black and green EPF model.

I have been to three different shops and got three different answers.

Do Marker Dukes from 2012 have the same hole pattern as the F12? It would be a 3rd mount on a pair of 2010 Gotamas and I weight 250lbs, is this a bad idea should I just try to make the F12s work?

Are there any particular years of Dukes that would work, or am I just going to have to plug and re-drill anyways?

Are this year's 2013/2014 FKS/pivot 14s the same hole pattern as previous years - i.e. the template is good to go? I believe the answer is "yes" but just want to confirm. Anyone verified? It seems like they added the "wider footprint" language, but I think the difference is just AFD. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tflana06 View Post
    First post, ever. Hopefully the right thread, hopefully I didn't miss this answer tucked away somewhere.

I have a 2012 Marker F12, it's the black plastic, one year before the current black and green EPF model.

I have been to three different shops and got three different answers.

Do Marker Dukes from 2012 have the same hole pattern as the F12? It would be a 3rd mount on a pair of 2010 Gotamas and I weight 250lbs, is this a bad idea should I just try to make the F12s work?

Are there any particular years of Dukes that would work, or am I just going to have to plug and re-drill anyways?
    All of the marker touring bindings are either EPF or not, those are the only two options besides small/large. Is what a bad idea, remounting in existing holes? If the holes are in good shape, I'd use good epoxy and give it a try.

I understand that some bindings are EPF and some are not.

What I'm asking is whether or not the 2012 F12 is the same hole pattern as the 2012 Duke.

With regard to "is this a bad idea" - I'm basically attempting a 3rd mount on an already soft ski. Is this a bad plan: wood plug holes, then epoxy and re-drill if need be or re-use the existing hole (I'm asking if that is possible). Is one method preferred? I'm a fatty (250lbs) and I don't want to rip out bindings if I use the old holes.

What I'm asking is whether or not the 2012 F12 is the same hole pattern as the 2012 Duke.

With regard to "is this a bad idea" - I'm basically attempting a 3rd mount on an already soft ski. Is this a bad plan: wood plug holes, then epoxy and re-drill if need be or re-use the existing hole (I'm asking if that is possible). Is one method preferred? I'm a fatty (250lbs) and I don't want to rip out bindings if I use the old holes.
    Reuse the existing hole. You should be able to figure out if the holes work by taking the mount plates from the F12 and placing them sans screws over the existing holes. But YES, they are the same mount pattern.

Go buy some long cure marine epoxy and mount those fuckers. Good luck.

Yep, same ol same ol pattern. got the the 2014s on my chronics and deathwishes

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Are this year's 2013/2014 FKS/pivot 14s the same hole pattern as previous years - i.e. the template is good to go? I believe the answer is "yes" but just want to confirm. Anyone verified? It seems like they added the "wider footprint" language, but I think the difference is just AFD. Thanks.

Allow me to rephrase. Assuming the same size, if they're both EPF, then the hole pattern is the same; if neither are EPF, then the hole pattern is the same; and here's the kicker, if one is EPF and the other isn't, then they're not the same. I don't remember when the EPF change happened on the Dukes.

^^^ Applies to all Marker touring bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by 13stripes View Post
    Yep, same ol same ol pattern. got the the 2014s on my chronics and deathwishes
    Thanks I also verified this weekend. FKS template used on 2014 FKS 140s. Perfect mount (to 2013 190 Bibby Pros).

Dynafit mounters using Jon's template: did you find it necessary to do the sequenced screw tightening / rejiggering traditionally recommended for Dynafit mounts? Haven't tried yet, but if the template is right on and your marks are true, seems to me everything should be square. Jiggering still required? Will be testing tomorrow and will follow up.

Jiggering might be needed. Cross tightening takes no more time and makes sense to me. Jiggering is the final tweak in centering the heel slots exactly on the pins. Possible variations in toe fitting, boot soles, base plate, the way you drill out the base plate holes can throw off an exactly centered hole pattern.

Whenever I get a mount to match the slots and pins perfectly, I assume that there were at least two of the variables out of alignment and they cancelled out to end up spot on.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

ya that has counter waggled for me in the opposite variable.
    b

This is insanity, no STH2 template? If you use the linked method here: http://stk.tetongravity.com/forums/a...2&d=1374707747
    Can you just subtract the difference in your BSL and then divide by two to get the distance to drill the heel holes?

Edit: I did the above method and it worked great.
    Stoked!
    Last edited by brown9; 02-28-2014 at 11:41 PM.

I couldn't find a template for Atomic FFG 12 so I made one. Atomic FFG and Salomon Z10/Z12 are the same binding as far as I know. However, the Salomon template at bindingfreedom.com does not work for these bindings. zip attachment here has a PDF and dxf version of the template.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mounted speed radicals with the template here, went very well. Instead of free hand moving punches around before drilling in an effort to square as is often recommended, I triple checked every punch and was satisfied to perfect accuracy, and drilled them all. Didn't want to move holes I knew were perfectly square. Jiggered one a bit in the tightening process but otherwise they dropped right in line. Another great template.

Exactness of the punch marks and drill holes is even more important with the dynafit mount. Luckily I'm borderline OCD.

Can any one tell me which template will work for Mojo 11"s? Im assuming its R4 but wanted to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1277 View Post
    Can any one tell me which template will work for Mojo 11"s? Im assuming its R4 but wanted to be sure.
    That should be the one. Print one out and see if it lines up with the binding. Pretty sure I put a pair of mojo11s on some skis with inserts for a mojo 15. I think Tyrolia uses the same mount pattern for most of their bindings. Other brands should do that.

Damn I just found out that there is no sth 2 pattern. Can anyone help with making one

Can someone explain to me how the BSL markings work? On the templates, the numbers go by increments of 2cm, but if you measure, it comes to 1cm... am I just stupid or am i missing something?

1cm off the toe and 1cm off the heel will give you 2cm...
    Pretty sure thats whats up but my math skills are remedial at best.
    You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing

I knew it had to be something super simple like that. Thanks!