Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Paper solly one helped me mount my 914s to some New, yes new K2 Two 88's. Thanks.
    Keeping the British End Up!

I'm looking to buy some skis off a guy. Previously mounted for pivot 18s (the black and gold editions) for 306 bsl (presumably on the line). He's got a new pair of pivot 14s he can sell me and claims the mounting pattern is completely different (or at least different enough to not cause any conflict). Reading through this thread, I am under the impression that Look pivot bindings all have the same mount pattern... Did they switch mounting patters a few years ago or is this guy wrong about the mounting pattern on the pivot 14 being different that the pivot 18? My bsl is 315 so depending on how they mounted for the 306, I may be able to re-use the previous mount, assuming the mounting patters are the same... So, I'm looking for info about the mounting patterns of the black/gold pivot 18 vs. this year or lasts (not sure which) pivot 14?
    Last edited by shafty85; 02-07-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    I'm looking to buy some skis off a guy. Previously mounted for pivot 18s (the black and gold editions) for 306 bsl (presumably on the line). He's got a new pair of pivot 14s he can sell me and claims the mounting pattern is incompletely different (or at least different enough to not cause any conflict). Reading through this thread, I am under the impression that Look pivot bindings all have the same mount pattern... Did they switch mounting patters a few years ago or is this guy wrong about the mounting pattern on the pivot 14 being different that the pivot 18? My bsl is 315 so depending on how they mounted for the 306, I may be able to re-use the previous mount, assuming the mounting patters are the same... So, I'm looking for info about the mounting patters of the black/gold pivot 18 vs. this year or lasts (not sure which) pivot 14?
    Same exact pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Same exact pattern.
    Thanks. To mount these for a 315bsl, can I re-drill the holes bigger and offset slightly further apart, use helicoils or inserts and rely on the binding adjustment? Or, with the previous mount for 306, do I need to find some bindings with a completely different hole pattern?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

You can leave either the toe or heel the same and move the binding fore/aft 1cm.

going to remount young Owen's Silvretta Pure Kidz on some 118cm Volkl miniMantras next week using Wild Snow's template - they have templates and instructions for Silvretta, Dynafit, Fritschi, G3 Onyx, Salomon Guardian and Tracker, Naxo, Marker Duke, Baron, F10,& F12
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    I'm looking to buy some skis off a guy. Previously mounted for pivot 18s (the black and gold editions) for 306 bsl (presumably on the line). He's got a new pair of pivot 14s he can sell me and claims the mounting pattern is completely different (or at least different enough to not cause any conflict). Reading through this thread, I am under the impression that Look pivot bindings all have the same mount pattern... Did they switch mounting patters a few years ago or is this guy wrong about the mounting pattern on the pivot 14 being different that the pivot 18? My bsl is 315 so depending on how they mounted for the 306, I may be able to re-use the previous mount, assuming the mounting patters are the same... So, I'm looking for info about the mounting patterns of the black/gold pivot 18 vs. this year or lasts (not sure which) pivot 14?
    Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Same exact pattern.
    PROBABLY the same pattern. Look/Rossi has used the word "pivot" on a different system in the past.

For example: these two bindings pictured below have different mounting patterns. Most TGR folks think of the model on the right when the word "pivot" comes up, but depending on the year, it could mean something else. It would be helpful for you to see (and post) a pic of the previous binding.

Just wanted to say thanks to jondrums for the templates and resources and I will be buying plates this weekend.
    Sent via care package with protective strafe run

Bump!... back to the first page!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

So, looking to mount some sth 14 drivers over a fks mount. Previous mount (fks) for 306bsl on the line. I would like to mount so can fit both 306 to 315bsl (so, for 310ish). Printed both mounts, and there is a fair bit of overlap in a couple toe screws. Advise? Thanks for any help.

How much overlap? If close enough you could look at a heli coil or insert for those holes since those are both bigger bits and might take up your extra space. May be a drill press kinda job tho, you'll need to make sure the drill doesn"t just drift over into to the old hole...

When lined up for same bsl. (traced holes are for fks bindings)

1931_001.pdf

Recommendations?
    Last edited by shafty85; 02-13-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Bump to the top.

Depending on the ski, I would probably just move the Salomon mount back 1cm.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Depending on the ski, I would probably just move the Salomon mount back 1cm.
    It's for a LP 105 (which I've heard rides best at -1 anyway) so that sounds perfect. It's what I was thinking, but wanted some input from people with a little more knowledge. Thanks!

Bump. Bookmark this one folks.

I picked up a cheap pair of K2 Sights last minute on my way to the hill this weekend. Brought along some 957's, a drill, and a set of salomon templates just in case and ended up mounting them up in the corner of the rental shop before hitting the slopes. Just wanted to say thanks for these, this has been my second successful (and easy-enough-to-do-on-the-ground-in-a-corner) mount using them. First time was a set of FKS 120s, both worked great.

FYI Jon, the griffon/jester template link is broken. It links to a dead revision 3 though it is currently on R5 (manually changing the URL worked for me).

Does anyone have a cad drawing of the hole spacing on an FKS toe piece?

Or can anyone confirm the measurements I've got:

Front holes 42mm
    Rear holes 35mm
    Vertical distance front to back 41mm

Cheers y'all!
    Last edited by will-antirocks; 02-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by will-antirocks View Post

Front holes 42mm
    Rear holes 35mm
    Vertical distance front to back 42mm
    First post of the thread should have the info you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Alpine Bindings
    Attachment 87141 Verified (jondrums)

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    First post of the thread should have the info you need.
    Unfortunately I need the dimensions, not just a drawing, it's for a design project...

Quote Originally Posted by will-antirocks View Post

Front holes 42mm
    Rear holes 35mm
    Vertical distance front to back 41mm

Cheers y'all!
    Here you go.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Cheers! Just what the doctor ordered!

I took the plunge and mounted up my Blogs with Barons and my Powder Boards with some Sollys. It was my first and second mount and with the templates from Jondrums and the bit from Alpinord, they went oh so smooth! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Any chance anyone has the same for Dynafit Radical toes? Cheers!