Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    remind me why this isnt a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    remind me why this isnt a sticky?
    I had to use google to find this thread two days ago. Guess I should have bumped it. If ever a thread deserved sticky status this is it.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I had to use google to find this thread two days ago. Guess I should have bumped it. If ever a thread deserved sticky status this is it.
    This. Should be stickied.

Thanks Jondrums. Template printed on transparency film +kitchen counter+Cutting board shims+ $20 S900=win. They released when they should and held when needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	112851

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	112854
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	112850  
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Looking for a 2013 Duke EPF template. Guess I'm a touch early.

Great resource by the way!
    Last edited by Smallfurry; 06-14-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfurry View Post
    Looking for a 2013 Duke EPF template. Guess I'm a touch early.

Great resource by the way!
    I was told by Marker UK that Marker would supply a template with each EPF binding as previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I was told by Marker UK that Marker would supply a template with each EPF binding as previously.
    Cheers!

I'd be buying a NIB binding so thats me sorted.

well then, I guess it will be up to you to either measure it, scan it, or send me a copy...

drop me a PM when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    well then, I guess it will be up to you to either measure it, scan it, or send me a copy...

drop me a PM when you get it.
    Having a moment of doubt, and may go the the Salomon guardians for the lower stand height. The Dukes are a lot shorter though, and I worry about messing with the flex of the ski (heavily rockered 176 Fatypus I-rock).

Fun problem to have I guess.

I'll scan whatever template I get and send it on as a PDF. I'll try and either send it to scale, or include a scale.

Great work + thread BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I'm still getting a discrepancy with the BF FKS Template vs the MFGR Pivot/FKS Template:
    Attachment 110448
    Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Terry,
    I've got both old and new FKS bindings and both seem to mount up identically, and correctly with the templates here. I'm curious to hear about your findings - there is always a little variation with different boots based on the toe and how it fits into the toepiece. IME, this can effect the boot center as much as 5mm. With my krypton pros and an old pair of technicas, the template looks spot on.
    Just wanted to bump this thread. Maybe it's just me, but after a forward-pressure related prerelease issue, I've taken to running my fwd pressure a little higher. My boots (Full Tilts) seem to be a few mils fwd of the line as well. I've taken to mounting a few mils back from the line and adjusting the template for 2-3 mils shorter than my bsl. For me, it seems like the MFGR template might be more correct than Jon's.

Just wanted to mention that because it contradicts my earlier reply where I said Jon's templates worked perfectly for me.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfurry View Post
    Having a moment of doubt, and may go the the Salomon guardians for the lower stand height. The Dukes are a lot shorter though, and I worry about messing with the flex of the ski (heavily rockered 176 Fatypus I-rock).

Fun problem to have I guess.

I'll scan whatever template I get and send it on as a PDF. I'll try and either send it to scale, or include a scale.

Great work + thread BTW.
    Unlike the Duke, the Tracker/Guardian don't ship with a template (or at least my recently arrived BNIB pair didn't) I am happy to provided any measurements required to help put together a template though, as these templates have helped me greatly in mounting previous pairs of bindings.

Sticky Please...
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Just mounted 4 pairs of skis.....Jesters on Bibbys & Comis for me and Griffons for my sons JJs and Amperages.

Everything worked perfect......and I'm an accounting instructor.

Awesome, useful thread.

thx

K.

Hi Guys, quick question if someone has a "Dynafit Titan (size 27.5) / Dynafit Radical FT12 bindings" combo on hand.
    I just bought a pair of Radical for my brother (who's in europe, I'm not...) and he wants me to install the bindings on his new pair of skis (which I have).
    Problem is I don't have his boots and I don't want to screw the mount up.. If someone has this combo and could take the measurements ont the skis I'd need the length between the pin line (or any screw on the front plate) and the foremost screws of the rear plate that would be awesome.. just so I can confirm the spacing between front and rear plates for this particular boot...

thanks for any help !
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Alchemist View Post
    Unlike the Duke, the Tracker/Guardian don't ship with a template (or at least my recently arrived BNIB pair didn't) I am happy to provided any measurements required to help put together a template though, as these templates have helped me greatly in mounting previous pairs of bindings.
    Shit, I was hoping for a paper template in that box when it comes. Guess, I'll have to make do.

Great stuff guys...

Anybody get the new duke epf? Send it to to jondrums so he can make a template

Looking to replace my Sth16 on a 2012 rocker2 with a pair of guardians. Any one know if i have to redrill all the new holes? and is that recomended?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by costindj View Post
    Looking to replace my Sth16 on a 2012 rocker2 with a pair of guardians. Any one know if i have to redrill all the new holes? and is that recomended?
    thanks!
    I believe yes, but quote me on that. Check the massive thread on the Guardians; the hole patterns is discussed. I also believe that Blister Gear Review discusses the hole pattern.

thanks!
    The Guardian has a different hole pattern. I don't have the template or your boot in front of me, so I suppose there's a chance you might be able to re-use a couple of holes. But, basically, you should plan on adding 10 new holes per ski.

thanks!
    It will depend very much upon BSL/size of guardians/Boot centre etc. Some combinations of BSL and guardian will allow you to share some holes.
    For instance I am in the process of putting inserts in a pair of skis to allow the use of both STH16 and guardians. With a BSL around 340mm (and necessarily large guardians), these 2 bindings can share 4 inserts per ski - the front 2 inserts for each toe, and the rearmost heel inserts for the STH16 will be shared by the middle 2 screws on the guardian heel.

One word of caution when trying to reuse holes for the guardian, the hooks in the heelpiece that lock the binding in ski mode are extremely reliant on the spacing between the heel and toe of the binding. You can't afford to shift this by even 1-2mm to accommodate existing holes. This will apply equally to all new mounts of this binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Alchemist View Post
    It will depend very much upon BSL/size of guardians/Boot centre etc. Some combinations of BSL and guardian will allow you to share some holes.
    For instance I am in the process of putting inserts in a pair of skis to allow the use of both STH16 and guardians. With a BSL around 340mm (and necessarily large guardians), these 2 bindings can share 4 inserts per ski - the front 2 inserts for each toe, and the rearmost heel inserts for the STH16 will be shared by the middle 2 screws on the guardian heel.

One word of caution when trying to reuse holes for the guardian, the hooks in the heelpiece that lock the binding in ski mode are extremely reliant on the spacing between the heel and toe of the binding. You can't afford to shift this by even 1-2mm to accommodate existing holes. This will apply equally to all new mounts of this binding.
    Very informative, cheers

So can anyone get the paper template for the tracker/gaurdian up? I can't let my Bentchetlers sit here with my Trackers next to them for another week.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

^^^+1 to that.

Gaurdian template is finally up. Thanks to gregL for measuring his jig. He reports that he may not have been able to measure it that well, so can people please check and double check this template before using it?